PDA

View Full Version : Jonah Update

NoahsMommy
11-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Jonah was a very, very good boy today at the vet. :)

Good news is that he isn't diabetic, at least the intial tests showed that. My vet thinks he may have a thyroid problem. She said its easy to treat...a week stay at a radiation clinic. Interesting, huh?

The bad news is that he's lost 4 pounds in a few months. :eek: If he does have a thyroid issue, that would be normal and we can fix it. Hopefully it'll be a quick fix like that. He's too sweet and wonderful for anything bad.

I'll let you know what the results are tomorrow.

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 07:36 AM
C'mom Jonah, we have to find that lil problem and get you fixed up so you can have a long happy spoiled cat life! How he does well and makes a speedy recovery.

smokey the elder
11-03-2004, 07:55 AM
If he's young, it may be worth getting the radio iodine treatment. Or he'd have to take pills for the rest of his life.

Good luck!

catmandu
11-03-2004, 08:30 AM
The Found CVats,are praying,that that Radiation,cres OurPal Jolly Jonah,and he,is back,to his old self,very soon.

NoahsMommy
11-06-2004, 01:20 PM
His bloodwork came back while I was in the hospital. It all came back fine, no thyroid issues, nothing. His vet says it looks great!

Hmm...how come he's lost so much weight then? The vet thinks he was given a poor diet in his old home, so he porked out and that's all he did. She said that now that he's on a proper diet and has attention, he's gotten down to his healthy weight.

That's good news, it just seems to wierd to me. Have you ever had this type of thing happen?

sirrahbed
11-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I have no experience with that Kelly but it does make sense. It is very good news that the bloodwork was that of a healthy cat!!! Let's just hope Jonah continues to stay healthy with his good diet and lots of attention:D

rg_girlca
11-06-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm glad to hear that Jonah is fine.

But like Debbie said, it does make sense how the vet explained his weight loss.

Continue good health Jonah.:D

catmandu
11-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Poor Jonah,we hopes that he gets his appetite,back soon,and is a Well Cat Again.