PDA

View Full Version : Saw, the movie

guster girl
11-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Anyone seen this yet? I thought the movie was great, pretty scary (kind of along the same lines as "Seven"). But, I didn't think Cary Elwes did a good job acting AT ALL. Overall, I thought the film was good, it scared me in more places than a movie has in a long time. I put it in the Dog House just because it's pretty disturbing.

christa
11-03-2004, 07:46 AM
We saw Saw (he he he) on Saturday. It was so gross, very disturbing, loved the twists and turns . . . I completely agree with you, not the best acting I've seen. But . . . I think the twists made up for the acting, LOL. Never expected that ending!

ramanth
11-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Haven't seen Saw or The Grudge. My sister had nightmares three nights in a row after seein The Grudge.

dukedogsmom
11-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
My sister had nightmares three nights in a row after seein The Grudge.
Woo hoo! That means I'll have to go see it. Sorry about your sister, though.

talia22
11-03-2004, 11:07 AM
I also went to see SAW and yes i loved it i really liked the twists but the acting was sooo bad on Careys part... i dont want to give away the ending but it was so bad i started to think it was on purspose...that was untill you realize whats really going on

guster girl
11-03-2004, 01:46 PM
I thought Cary Elwes did fine up til he had to show emotion. Ha. It was so bad, I really liked the actor that played Adam. At first I didn't, just because his acting is really not the best, either, but, I think he did great deeper into the film. He cowrote it, too, which I thought was cool.

LKPike
11-03-2004, 03:45 PM
lol to be honest, my boyfriend and I are planning on watching it this weekend in theatres and we've both agreed that I'm gonna get very drunk BEFORE we go watch it. because when I'm drunk the world could be crashing and I'd be sitting here giggling away :-p lol (we got this brilliant idea cause we just recently saw grudge which was rated PG13 and I was laughing at the front of theatre and yelling that it was a kiddie movie and well... after seeing it... I constantly look up the stairs to make sure that bloody b*tch isnt coming after me!)

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 03:50 PM
*shudder* I don't do scary movies.

ramanth
11-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
LOL! No worries. I said the same thing when mom told me. I'm such a mean big sister. ;) :D

jazzzytina
11-04-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm terribly curious about how it ends, but could never go see it because of the gore. Can someone PM me the ending? Or who the killer turns out to be? Thanks.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-04-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm probably seeing it this weekend. It looks scary, but I love scary movies!

dogs_4_me
11-04-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm hoping to see it this weekend, I love scary movies!

dappledoxie
11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
I watched Saw, my boyfriend thought it would be great, but then he hated it, I was so surprised, he really was excited about seeing it. I thought it was pretty good. :) He liked The Grudge alot better, I liked it too except the little boy just really freaked me out, ugh.... -shudder-

Nomilynn
11-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
lol to be honest, my boyfriend and I are planning on watching it this weekend in theatres and we've both agreed that I'm gonna get very drunk BEFORE we go watch it.

This makes me horribly sad. If you can't enjoy a movie sober perhaps you shouldn't see it. And according to your profile, if you are in the states now, you are way under the legal age.

leslie
11-05-2004, 12:04 AM
that's so odd! the first thing I did was check your profile LKPike (age is young as above stated) because I did want to know the the skivvies on the movie (got it, not for me). Point is, If your boyfriend wants you drunk and yelling in the movie theater, and you follow suit, you are not an adult. Or, you are an adult but... that is not a mature way to behave in public.
Sorry to say all this here but...

LKPike
11-05-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry I misworded that. We don't yell but we were all joking together as is normal for a group of friends, unless their people who hang around in the Dog House then I could understand how theyd sit and stew waiting for someone to say something for them to pounce all over. (It seems. Any *opinion* of *mine* on the election always got an attack and its continued to here also.) I'm german I grew up in a free country and its my life (*legally*) to drink now if I want to. Its not your life, so if you don't want to drink thats your decision and I'm certainly not going to say a word about it. And my last point: you don't know me. you certainly don't know how I am in person, even drunk. If you did maybe you could have an opinion on what I do. But until then - you can't so please don't try.

The only difference in me when I'm drunk is that I laugh easier. Which is why I'm drinking to go see Saw because I scare easier than my friends and boyfriend and I would like to enjoy my time with them.

cloverfdx
11-05-2004, 09:48 AM
The SAW has not started here yet, but i think the Grudge opens next week *Shudders* but i will still probably go and see both LOL i am a sucker for punishment. :D

guster girl
11-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Why in the world can comments regarding someone's choice of beverage during a movie be kept to pms? It's just so much more tactful. I'd like to still see people's views on this film, but, I'm going to delete the thread if it can't stay away from those kind of remarks.

K9soul
11-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Some kinds of scary movies I enjoy, but really only the "monster" type movies, I guess because it's fantasy and I know of course it doesn't and couldn't happen in real life. The kinds I'm talking about are stuff like Jurassic Park, Alien vs Predator, Lake Placid (That was just stupid, but got some laughs out of it).

The kinds that disturb me and stay with me are the psychotic thriller types like Seven, best example I can think of. It of course was a good movie, but disturbed me A LOT. I just felt physically ill and upset at the end. I get too into it when they aren't fantasy types. I'm not saying I think it's real but it's too easy for me to empathize and get emotionally involved. It's hard for me to explain because for a lot of people they watch it with the feeling in the back of their head that none of it is real and these are actors, but when I watch it I get so into the movie I don't think about those things until after it's over, but by that time I've been really disturbed and it stays with me. These are also the types of movies/scenes that creep into my mind when I'm home alone at night and I hear a thump downstairs.. I'd just rather not subject myself to it :o

guster girl
11-05-2004, 11:42 AM
yeah, and, this one is a psychological thriller type. kind of like seven, but, not as good, imo. donnie darko is another one of my faves.

GiantSchnauzer
11-05-2004, 03:18 PM
I didn't even know "Saw" was a scary movie. :confused:

I saw "The Grudge" on Weds and didn't think it was that good. It was ok. I've seen scarier. Yesturday I saw "Friday Night Lights" Not a scary movie but it was pretty good.

jenfer
11-05-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't like scary movies. :o And will avoid them at all cost. :D

LKPike
11-05-2004, 05:25 PM
I think Grudge was a copy cat of The Ring, and I've heard Saw is a copy cat of Seven... hrmmmph... I'll tell ya tomorrow :p we're going to see Saw then

K9soul
11-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I don't think it's a "scary" movie in the sense that it was made to cause people to jump out of their skin off and on through the movie, but more a thriller type movie that makes you scared later when you're home alone :p. I haven't seen Saw and don't plan to but I saw Seven and I don't think I'd really call it scary as much as disturbing/upsetting, and for me, a bit haunting.

LKPike
11-07-2004, 08:44 AM
the movie pretty much sucked! the only people screaming in a packed theatre were a group of like, overly dramatic like, 12 year olds like, :p
the acting was beyond HORRIBLE, though the plot/story was pretty cool definatly unique, left open for possible sequel (with better actors, please) loved the ending never saw it going down like it did :)

nibblets
11-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Saw was a freaky little movie. I liked it, I think my mouth is still hanging open from that ending.

cloverfdx
05-27-2005, 11:22 AM
I watched Saw a few nights ago and i am still having issues about walking through the house with the lights off at night :( *Shudders*. Actualy the Grudge had the same affect on me.

The guy that played Adam was quite good i thought, but "Lawrence", hehe had no acting ability :p.

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 11:58 AM
I haven't seen Saw but i'd like to.

Originally posted by dukedogsmom

Val, if you haven't aready, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! That movie isn't even close to being scary. Ask Amy, we saw it when she was here and we were both disappointed. It was SO stupid.

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
I watched Saw a few nights ago and i am still having issues about walking through the house with the lights off at night :( *Shudders*. Actualy the Grudge had the same affect on me.

The guy that played Adam was quite good i thought, but "Lawrence", hehe had no acting ability :p.

I can't remember the characters names for sure, but, I think Lawrence was played by Cary Elwes. At any rate, it was so weird, the first part of the movie, I thought the brunette (not Cary Elwes) was a bad actor, and the blonde (Elwes) was ok. Then, at the end, when emotion was required, I thought the brunette did well, and, Elwes completely blew! It was comical, to me. I thought the movie was pretty scary, actually, in several parts. But, as a whole, the acting was so distractingly crappy, I left not being too affected. It's too bad they didn't choose a different actor to portray the doctor (Elwes), because the concept was pretty darn cool. Ah, well. The ending was wild, though. :)

Suki Wingy
05-27-2005, 03:42 PM
I was watching it late at night but fell asleep quickly:rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I loved it! It didn't scare me a lot but it did keep me wanting to watch. And the ending was so surprising. I love it when things aren't what they seem.

caseysmom
05-27-2005, 06:16 PM
I watched that camping in a tent on an 8 inch monitor so I couldn't really get into it, I was hoping to scare the crud out of the kids.

cocker_luva
05-28-2005, 12:35 AM
i loved it, it was quite creative.

PJ's Mom
05-28-2005, 01:31 AM
I watched Saw a couple of weeks ago and I can't remember when I've seen such bad acting. It was horrible and ruined the movie for me.

tikeyas_mom
05-28-2005, 10:12 PM
this movie made me laugh..
movies dont scare me.
the acting in this film was horrible..

And the plot... well... it was pretty good... would have been better if they had better acters...

i would rate it a 5 out of 10.

Vette
05-29-2005, 04:58 AM
We loved it! even my mom whos not big on horro movies. :D

i didnt see much of The Grudge though. it bored me to sleep. i should watch it for when i want to fall asleep and cant.. it would definitly do the trick.

cloverfdx
05-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Ok i am not scared now :p. I liked the grudge and have a copy of it, i must watch it again.

elizabethann
05-29-2005, 06:55 PM
I watched SAW last night. FREAKY!!! I wasn't expecting that ending!!!!

CountryWolf07
05-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by CathyBogart
*shudder* I don't do scary movies.

Me either!!

aki
05-31-2005, 08:04 AM
LOL! I must not scare easy at all then. I thought The Grudge was a total snooze-fest but the Japanese version Ju Gon (sp) is better, not great but better.

We rented Saw a few weeks ago, and while I totally loved it, it was really not scary. Very disturbing though. Very creative writing also. You get a sense of hope, then dread, then utter disgust --- a myriad of emotions with this one.

One movie that I reallly liked that had me on the edge of my seat in suspense was Wrong Turn. I loved it!

~Aki :D

elizabethann
06-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I finally saw The Grudge tonight. I thought it was soooo scarey!!!! We also rented The Boogeyman and that stunk.

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by aki
I thought The Grudge was a total snooze-fest but the Japanese version Ju Gon (sp) is better, not great but better.

I agree, I thought the Japanese version was better, but, still not scary. I actually found myself laughing. There were parts that freaked me out, but, overall, it wasn't scary to me. I didn't like the american version at all.