PDA

View Full Version : Kurby Fund Donation Information

K & L
11-02-2004, 07:04 PM
We finally made contact with the Dr. !!:D We will take Kurby in tomorrow morning at 7:00 for blood work etc. and surgery will be performed Thursday morning. They will gladly take donations! You can either call or send to:

Kurby Doyle Fund
Apollo Animal Hospital
10707 N. 51st Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85304
623-939-9445

Keep in mind Arizona is Mountain Standard Time, 2 hours earlier than East Coast, 1 hour later than West Coast. Their hours are 8:30 - 5:30.

Also, please leave enough information with the vet so we know how to contact you either through e-mail or snail-mail.

Again thank you all for your support here!

catcrazylady
11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Be sure to tell them to hang on for snail mail!! If we send a little note saying this is for Kurby is that all they will need to make sure it goes toward his bill?
Did they ever give you any kind of probable total bill amount? I'm sorry if you already posted that and I missed it.

K & L
11-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Be sure to tell them to hang on for snail mail!! If we send a little note saying this is for Kurby is that all they will need to make sure it goes toward his bill?
Did they ever give you any kind of probable total bill amount? I'm sorry if you already posted that and I missed it.

Be sure in your note to say it's for the Kurby Doyle Fund! Just in case there's another Kurby there!:) Of course we spell ours differently. Kurby got his name because he was always waiting at the curb for us to feed him!:D

They did not give us an estimate, but I can call tomorrow and get one. We had this surgery done to our cat Bailey a few years ago and it was in the neighborhood of $600 - $700. Kurby's will probably be higher since he has to have complete blood work done, including testing for FIV etc. I will update you all with the $$$ amount. Of course this will be an estimate and could change if there are complications (let's hope that's not the case)!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks Lisa, I'll be making a phone call in the morning! :D

K & L
11-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Thanks Lisa, I'll be making a phone call in the morning! :D

Thanks Debbie!:)

jazzcat
11-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the info.

K & L
11-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Thanks for all the info.

Thank ALL of you!!:)

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
I will call in my donation soon as they open, GALD you said something about the time differance!

GOOD LUCK beautiful Kurby! May your surgery go fast and uncomplicated and you have a speedy, uncomplicated recovery and soon be on your way to a wonderful life!

My sisters tiney poodle had this surgery and it was right about the price you quoted. Kiki came trough her surgery with no problems but will not use that leg anymore. How is Kurby adjusting to being inside and being messed with by humans?

catlover4ever
11-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Lisa, I get paid tomorrow and will be sending you a check.

K & L
11-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I will call in my donation soon as they open, GALD you said something about the time differance!

GOOD LUCK beautiful Kurby! May your surgery go fast and uncomplicated and you have a speedy, uncomplicated recovery and soon be on your way to a wonderful life!

My sisters tiney poodle had this surgery and it was right about the price you quoted. Kiki came trough her surgery with no problems but will not use that leg anymore. How is Kurby adjucting to being inside and being messed with by humans?

We had this surgery on Bailey and you would never know it was done! We're hoping for the same outcome for Kurby. He's on his way to the vets right now! I believe Kurby will adjust to indoor life with some work. He hasn't complained much being locked in the spare bathroom. We actually took him out of the dog kennel and gave him roaming freedoms of the bath. He hisses when we walk in, but as soon as we set his food down he stops. We will update with photos and surgery results!

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Donation has been made from the Sunny South for Kurby! They were SO nice to me on the phone and told me Kurby is there having his pre surgery blood work done. I told her we are praying for him.

It was QUICK and painless and only took a minute to do! Folks, lets get them donations in for this boy!!

kimlovescats
11-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by K & L
We had this surgery on Bailey and you would never know it was done! We're hoping for the same outcome for Kurby. He's on his way to the vets right now! I believe Kurby will adjust to indoor life with some work. He hasn't complained much being locked in the spare bathroom. We actually took him out of the dog kennel and gave him roaming freedoms of the bath. He hisses when we walk in, but as soon as we set his food down he stops. We will update with photos and surgery results!

Oh Lisa, this all sounds so very encouraging! Your donation check should reach you by the end of the week. Wish I could send more ... but hopefully this will help a little!;) Please keep us updated and yes, you know we would love pictures too!:D

Kim

mruffruff
11-03-2004, 10:52 AM
The check is in the mail (Really!:D )

Mary

K & L
11-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Wonderful to all! The vet said they had their first donation call! Said they have a separate billing and they're on top of it. They're all actually very excited to be doing all of this!:D Kurby was quite calm during transport. Go Kurby Go!

K & L
11-03-2004, 11:41 AM
I just received this note from one of the park officials:

"Thank you for taking care of Kurby Durby! I will miss his furry face around the ranch, but hopefully he will take to the domestic life once he sees how cushy it is. I will keep you up on the daytime cat sightinings and any problems or new ones. Thanks again".

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Awe! That was so sweet of them to send you that note to let you know they apperciate what you are doing. Make sure they know Kurby has prayers from all over the world going up on his behalf and the world is rooting for this very special boy!

GO KURBY! GET WELL SOON!

K & L
11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Awe! That was so sweet of them to send you that note to let you know they apperciate what you are doing. Make sure they know Kurby has prayers from all over the world going up on his behalf and the world is rooting for this very special boy!

GO KURBY! GET WELL SOON!

Kurby will know!! And let me tell you the vet office is SO impressed with what is going on!

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Pet Talker's RULE! The best forum on the web! No doubt about that!:D

K & L
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I second that!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-03-2004, 01:29 PM
My boss finally left so I was able to call. They got my donation but the girl couldn't give me any news because she had just gotten in and hadn't had a chance to get updated on everything that was going on. I was going to ask about Porch too, but figured if she didn't know about Kurby she wouldn't know about Porch either.

Just wish I could give both Kurby and Porch big hugs and smoochies and tell Kurby to be brave....:)

K & L
11-03-2004, 01:44 PM
My boss finally left so I was able to call. They got my donation but the girl couldn't give me any news because she had just gotten in and hadn't had a chance to get updated on everything that was going on. I was going to ask about Porch too, but figured if she didn't know about Kurby she wouldn't know about Porch either.

Just wish I could give both Kurby and Porch big hugs and smoochies and tell Kurby to be brave....:)

Thanks so much Debbie! We know exactly what you mean about the phone tag. We played it all day yesterday until the vet called at 6:00 p.m.!

kuhio98
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Lisa:
I mailed a check to your home address on Saturday or Sunday. Guess I jumped the gun. Anyway, it's on its way made out to you. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lisa

K & L
11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Lisa:
I mailed a check to your home address on Saturday or Sunday. Guess I jumped the gun. Anyway, it's on it's way made out to you. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lisa

Thank you!!!!

catfamily
11-03-2004, 05:00 PM
I just called and gave a donation over the phone on my credit card.They really are nice people at that Vet. office.
Prayers are on the way.Carla and Mike

moosmom
11-03-2004, 06:15 PM
I'll be sending in my donation as soon as I get my last paycheck tomorrow! Get well soon, Kurby, We all love you!

Hang in there, K&L. You did the right thing. Here's praying Kurby will ease into becoming indoor only, spoiled rotten kitty. ;)

jenluckenbach
11-03-2004, 07:00 PM
My check was in the mail Monday already. I will be praying for Kurby (and Porch......how is he?)

slick
11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm so sorry but my resources are really limited right now so I'm unable to make a donation. I just hope that my prayers are enough. :(

K & L
11-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by slick
I'm so sorry but my resources are really limited right now so I'm unable to make a donation. I just hope that my prayers are enough. :(

I understand completely and appreciate your thoughts and prayers just as much!

K & L
11-04-2004, 10:05 AM
I just spoke with the Dr., Kurby tested NEGATIVE and all blood work came back good to go!!!:D :D So surgery is about to begin. I will keep you all posted!!!

Laura's Babies
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
PRAYERS for Kurby going on!

K & L
11-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Just got a report and Kurby went through surgery just fine! We can bring him home either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how he's recuperating! Go KURBY!!

sirrahbed
11-04-2004, 02:14 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/linie/smiley-linie-002.gif
YAY KURBY!!!!

jenluckenbach
11-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Thank God.

Laura's Babies
11-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Yaaaaaa! KURBY!!! Good going pretty boy!!

All 3 are doing good then, PHEW! Rough day just pacing the floor!

YAAAAAAAAAA!

QueenScoopalot
11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Glad to hear all went well with Kurby! I'm in the same financial boat as Slick, but am sending prayers for a complete recovery for the handsome boy! Have you figured out how you'll medicate him afterwards? Usually they're sent home with an antibiotic to stave on any infections. Give him an "air kiss" for me when you see him next! ;)

K & L
11-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Glad to hear all went well with Kurby! I'm in the same financial boat as Slick, but am sending prayers for a complete recovery for the handsome boy! Have you figured out how you'll medicate him afterwards? Usually they're sent home with an antibiotic to stave on any infections. Give him an "air kiss" for me when you see him next! ;)

Boy do I understand the financial boat! We haven't even gotten that far yet. I'm sure the vet will have some suggestions here, and maybe we'll try for the food trick and see if that will work. They did say Kurby was much calmer this time around, so we'll see what all transpires here. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and Kurby will get a kiss from you!:)

rg_girlca
11-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh this is such wonderful news. Geesh it's hard to see through tears.

PT Prayers, did it again.:D

YYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY KKKKUUURRRRBBBBBYYYYY

K & L
11-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Oh this is such wonderful news. Geesh it's hard to see through tears.

PT Prayers, did it again.:D

YYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY KKKKUUURRRRBBBBBYYYYY
Yes and all of PT's help here!! Now we all have to put out the vibes and make Kurby tame up!
:D

rg_girlca
11-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Well Lisa, they did say that he was much calmer this time around, so this sounds promising.:D

kuhio98
11-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Just got a report and Kurby went through surgery just fine! We can bring him home either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how he's recuperating! Go KURBY!!

:D :D :D :D

K & L
11-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Kevin stopped by our wonderful vets office and visited Porch & Kurby. They said Kurby let them touch him on the head a couple of times. Of course he was still drugged a bit, but hey, a little progress at a time. Porch wanted to come home!

kimlovescats
11-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Wonderful news, Lisa!!! WAY TO GO KURBSTER!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah Kurby!!! :D

You know Lisa, I was thinking about Kurby and Fister came to mind. If you remember, Fister started out as a feral also, and is now king of his castle and has Randi & John wrapped around his every paw. But the thing that comes to mind is that everytime Fister had to stay at the vet, or when they boarded him while they went on vacation, everytime he came he was more mellow and more "civilized." He even learned talk to them and now is quite demanding. So maybe this surgery is just what Kurby needed to start bringing him around. He'll learn how good he's got it and won't want to go back to the streets....hopefully. ;) :D

Sure hope Porch is doing ok today. Poor baby. :(

K & L
11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Yeah Kurby!!! :D

You know Lisa, I was thinking about Kurby and Fister came to mind. If you remember, Fister started out as a feral also, and is now king of his castle and has Randi & John wrapped around his every paw. But the thing that comes to mind is that everytime Fister had to stay at the vet, or when they boarded him while they went on vacation, everytime he came he was more mellow and more "civilized." He even learned talk to them and now is quite demanding. So maybe this surgery is just what Kurby needed to start bringing him around. He'll learn how good he's got it and won't want to go back to the streets....hopefully. ;) :D

Sure hope Porch is doing ok today. Poor baby. :(

I really am optimistic where Kurby is concerned. First off, he does let Kevin touch him. Second, we were able to catch him a second time around, and now the vets touched him! Some of the ferals in the park keep their distance until we have put the food down and left. Kurby would always wait close by! I'm really thinking positive here! I haven't heard from the vets yet this morning, but will update everyone when I do!!

Laura's Babies
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
tap, tap, tap (foot tapping on the floor) Waiting for todays news on Kury and Porch

emily_the_spoiled
11-05-2004, 10:37 AM
I just phoned and made a donation for Kurby and I asked how he was doing. They went back and checked for him and said that he was doing just great. (I forgot to ask about Porch :( )

K & L
11-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
I just phoned and made a donation for Kurby and I asked how he was doing. They went back and checked for him and said that he was doing just great. (I forgot to ask about Porch :( )

Yes, the vet just called and Kurby gets to go home today! Said his incision is looking really good and Kurby has actually behaved! He said he would normally send home mediciation, but in Kurby's case they won't. We have to just keep an eye out and if anything looks weird we will need to bring him back in.

And...thank you!

Laura's Babies
11-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Well now, that is the best new EVER!! YAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am so excited for you!! I am fixing to go pick up L & L too!!

K & L
11-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Well now, that is the best new EVER!! YAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am so excited for you!! I am fixing to go pick up L & L too!!

Great on all counts!!:D