PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Magoo pics and CCL update

catcrazylady
11-02-2004, 06:34 PM
First off I would like to apologize for not posting lately. I have heard that they have a new system at work so they can keep an eye on what we do on the web so I have been laying low while on the clock. I have such little home time and I have been really busy. I am lurking and trying to keep up. I'm sorry if I haven't responded to anyone's post but I hope you understand. Life has gotten in the way the last few days! I will try to do better.

Now on to Magoo! He is fine of course. He is our tough little guy and still quite the character. Since I missed my normal Saturday post I will try to make it up tonight.

Magoo takes grooming very seriously! This boy is always grooming himself. Here are some shots of his bath time.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pcad9e82ef105a5bdb422952bb15df65e/f6665297.jpg

He decides I need a bath too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p0ac2829e83dd102710960f5b0b691199/f66652ae.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pf5af222644e761f536174cba4e1cdee9/f66652a6.jpg

I crack up when he gets what I call his "Wild Wings". The hair sticks out on the sides of his head and neck and he looks so goofy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p3edccdb79592e5a344f8d951c47feaa2/f6665291.jpg

Now that he is all done he is reaching out and touching my leg. (you can see how puffy his eye is again)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pd4e845ba77d2e6c2e068536ed646a720/f666529e.jpg

This is what I got when I reached back!! He likes to remind me of his first night here!!! (no broken skin...it was just a love bite)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p9499c5dde26e5e6f1f97f23fbf92f5a6/f66652a1.jpg

for those of you wondering if he is still in love with Abigail the answer is YES! This was a couple of nights ago.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p15f60e6f0c996f87e4d97e433646a32a/f66652a8.jpg

Here's the big handsome lug with his eye all drained.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p1470b6919dc7fa83be9507a0f9f61390/f6665285.jpg

Goo went to the vet and was such a good boy. All the way home his daddy kept calling him Mr. Magood! Poor boy has so many names.
Well that's it for The GooMan. I just wanted to keep everyone up to date on PT's own Mr. Magoo!

K & L
11-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Boy can I relate to being watched at work and little time to post. We've missed seeing your photos and hearing from you though. Magoo looks as good as ever.

prechrswife
11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
It's always good to see Mr. Magoo pictures. The picture of him with Abigail is so precious.:)

RedHedd
11-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Aww Magood! I LOVE his "wild wings" :D he looks more comfortable with his eye drained.

Jods
11-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Great pics...
I was wondering how do they drain his eye when it gets puffy? Will you always have to get it done for the rest of his life? Where is the fluid coming from do they know??
Sorry so many questions I'm just curious

catcrazylady
11-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Jods,
Magoo's new vet thinks that they may have left a portion of a tear duct in his eye socket and it's still producing tears and that is what is causing the fluid build up. He wants to do surgery and see if he can find it and remove it so we don't have to keep doing this to Magoo. We plan on doing the surgery sometime after the first of the year. Hopefully he is right and that will take care of it.
It's ok to ask questions and be curious. I don't mind answering any questions you might have. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 07:59 PM
:D Magood :D

That one of him biting your hand is kinda scarey. Glad it was only a love bite! :eek: And I, too, love his "wild wings." :D

Lisa, don't worry about not being able to get on. We, of course, miss you and all your posts, but unfortunately sometimes <gasp> life has to come before PT! I know, horror of horrors, but it just happens. Just lay low at work and get on when you can and we'll just have to take what we can get. After all, it would not be a "Magood" thing if you got fired or something because of your PT time now would it. ;)

jazzcat
11-02-2004, 08:40 PM
What a sweetheart!!!! I love his "wild wings", too funny!:D

Glad Magoo got his eye drained and things are okay.

leslie
11-02-2004, 09:21 PM
It looks like he does a super job of washing! I have never seen a picture of him with dried up food on his whites at all! (my white Shy puts her face in wet food and it gets in her under chin so it's up to me to comb the dried stuff out..) Does he clean his "backside" as good too? Does he bathe Abigail and does she let him? Or does she get intolerant and run away?! He is so adorable! Is there any danger with letting his eye fill with fluid? (like it could drain somewhere one wouldn't want it to drain to?) Just now occurred to me! Do you have your pillow back? What was Magoo's first name? I was trying to do a search for a friend who has fallen in love with him and cannot find the original photos and stories! (help!) Thanks lisa for all the pics and stories etc! Hope your job is ok and hope your now co-worker is ok to with her daughter and all...(any arrests?)

Laura's Babies
11-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Those J...O...B....S help to buy the digital cameras, computers and keep us connected to the internet... GASP! GASP! You mean you are on PT on the j....o....b...? I would NEVER.......unless it was avaliable!!:D :D The only reason I don't do it at work is there are not phone lines on the boat!!

HAY MAGGO my love!! There you are!! Handsome as EVER you big doll! Wow! You are still handsome as ever, my gosh...Did I say I LOVE YOU??? I LOVE YOU MAGOO!!!!! Glad to see Mommie got that "oowwwieee" eye fixed up for you and got you back to normal again, now little Abbigail can REALLY fall in love with her handsome mentor and grandpa Magoo. If I keep adding pictures of you on my computer, I am just going to have to make a ablum of just my Magooster. You are still my inspiration and my heart! LOVE YA GOO BOY!

rg_girlca
11-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Awwwww Magoo, sweetie. It warms my heart to see you.

Wow, Lisa, that picture of Magoo's fangs sinking into your hand gave me the heebie jeebies. That is some love bite.:eek:

OMG the "Wild Wings" picture is such a hoot.
Wild thing, you make my heart sing.:)

Magoo and Abigail......PRICELESS

I'm glad to see your boo-boo eye all better now.

Headbumpies and scritchies to you sweetie.

Love you Magoo.:D

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Aw, Mr Magood, you are so pretty! I love the one with his paw reaching toward you . And the one with the other cat is so sweet. Sorry you can't do it at work. They don't care about us at work as long as we do our job properly, so I'm very lucky. I know I would be lost without getting to come here a lot.

wolf_Q
11-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Nice pics of Magoo! The one of him with Abigail was especially cute :D

Don Juan's mom
11-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, now we know Magoo's secret for white white paws! :D

Originally posted by catcrazylady

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pf5af222644e761f536174cba4e1cdee9/f66652a6.jpg

And I love the one of Magoo with Abigail. Maybe she's just going to be a small cat. My grandmother's old C.B. (for Clara Bow) was never more than eight pounds.

Liz

Miss Meow
11-03-2004, 03:10 AM
He's the cutest!

All that work on his fur coat is worth it as he looks immaculate!

catmandu
11-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Scrappy Magoo,is always a welcome Cat,and Mr Scrappy,his Guardian ngel,is well pleassed tht he loves his Furr Ever Home,and is so good,with the Kittens!He,will spend time,with his Friend,the Princess,who,is experiencing eye troubles,herself.

catlover4ever
11-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Lisa, I can relate to not being to get on the computer while at work. They are keeping track of us too...so I too have had to lurk for a while....now onto Magoo.

Mr. Magoo, you are just the most darling baby in the world. Did you meowmie tell you that on Saturday your Godchildren will be arriving in Connecticut? Thanks to you I am going to be taking care of two very special little ones just like you!!!! Thanks Magoo for showing all of us just how special you are. --- Love Catlover

jazzzytina
11-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Goo - I love that name! He is so cute with Abigail. By the way, Sasha is small too and she's a year and a half - I'm so glad that she stayed small because it's like having a forever kitten! I don't think she weighs more than 6 lbs.

kimlovescats
11-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Lisa, I have missed you but I certainly understand your concerns with too much PT time while at work! We wouldn't want to jeopardize your job!!!;)

Magoo and Abigail are toooooooo precious together, and the size difference just makes it so much more adorable! :D

I did notice his eye ... poor baby , but boy does it make a difference once it is drained!!! :eek: After the first of the year, and Kurby's surgery, I say we start a Magoo eye fund!!!;)

Kim

NKBurlington
11-03-2004, 11:57 AM
I just love the Gooster!

catnapper
11-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Good to see Magoo again! Abigail is such a sweet girl, and Magoo is the best Grandpa to her. :)

trayi52
11-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Always great to see pictures of Magoo! He really loves Abigail, and likes to cuddle her, doesn't he?

Thanks for the pictures and update on our precious Magoo.

Willie:)

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Kim, I was HOPING somebody would mention a Magoo fund!! I think we need to get it started asap! I, for one would LOVE to help our (MY) Magooster with this surgery!! We ALL love that guy and the surgery is far away enough that we all can work it in between now and then if Lisa would go on and get it set up with the vets office...LISA?? (cough, cough, how about it?)

QueenScoopalot
11-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Those are some lovely pearly white chompers! :eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p9499c5dde26e5e6f1f97f23fbf92f5a6/f66652a1.jpg

Magoo..you don't have any idea how many people all over the world admire and love you! Glad you love your meowmie now, and know she loves you too. ;) And as always....great pictures of the sweet lug! :D

Grace
11-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Kim, I was HOPING somebody would mention a Magoo fund!! I think we need to get it started asap! I, for one would LOVE to help our (MY) Magooster with this surgery!! We ALL love that guy and the surgery is far away enough that we all can work it in between now and then if Lisa would go on and get it set up with the vets office...LISA?? (cough, cough, how about it?)

Count me in - anything for Magoo!!

catfamily
11-03-2004, 05:16 PM
OMG his hair (wid wings ARE funny).What a good boy cleaning himself regulary like that.Geez I just love him.I'm so glad he found you.Thank goodness.:)

catcrazylady
11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
You guys are so sweet! I try to tell Magoo all the time how many people love him and I hope in my heart that he somehow understands. He really is an amazing old street cat that has adjusted so well at an older age. he still blows my mind and he has certainly stolen my heart along with a lot of others!

I can not tell you how much I appreciate the offer to start a fund for Magoo's surgery. I am going to decline this time because I may really need you guys to help me some time in the future. This is only going to cost $125 to $150. That is a lot of money but not as bad as so many others here have to deal with.
The reason I am waiting until next year is partially due to finances but I also have another reason. I know this would sound silly to most but on PT it will be understood. On the very far off chance that something were to go wrong during Magoo's surgery I don't want it to be around the holidays. I would be devestated!!! I know you all will understand this. Goo is one tough cookie but anytime they go under there is a risk. He is older and it won't be as easy on him as some of the younger kitties. I know in my heart that it would take a lot more than this to bring down this tough old bird but I just don't want to risk it during the holiday season. Does that make sense?
I hope you all understand and I can not thank you enough for even thinking to offer the help. I love you for it and I appreciate it more than any of you can ever know!!

I love you guys!!!!:D :D :D

catfamily
11-03-2004, 05:46 PM
That makes sense.How old is Magoo?I totally understand,and in the future if you need a donation I can chip in with anyone else who's willing.Carla

catcrazylady
11-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Thank you Carla! That is so sweet of you!

Magoo is estimated to be around 7 years old. I guess we are getting closer to 8 now!He's getting close to middle age! I guess the thing for me is no one really knows how old he is. He could be younger or older. His teeth are why the estimate him at that age.

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I thought you were going to have the surgery AFTER the new year... That is why I said there is enough time for everyone to work it in...But if that is all it is..... Well, I STILL will want to chip in anyway... I LOVE that boy sooooooo much! I don't think there has ever been a cat that has taught so many, SO much as our Magooster.

catcrazylady
11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Laura you are so darn sweet!! I am going to schedule his surgery right after the first of the year. As far as surgeries go this really isn't going to be that expensive. Not that I think $150 dollars is easy money! but it's cheap for a vet bill these days!

I will keep you posted on when we will get it done. You are certainly one of Magoo's biggest fans and I tell him all about you.:)

Cosmicat
11-03-2004, 06:43 PM
aww... Mr.Magoo, you're SO cute!!