Samantha Puppy
11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
signed

snappy
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Signed also!

wolflady
11-02-2004, 02:10 PM
I signed. I'm ashamed that People Magazine would promote this industry. People really need to be educated on this issue. This is what I said in the petition:

It's because of people and "businesses" like this that cause the problems we face today. Shame on People Magazine for promoting this horrible industry. I've worked in a veterinary office and have seen first hand the results of puppy mills. It's sickening and there needs to be greater punishment for people who run them. People need to be educated on this serious issue, and if they MUST have a purebred dog...save a life and adopt a rescue!!! Never buy from the Internet, Broker or Pet Store!

PJ's Mom
11-02-2004, 02:10 PM
I signed as well.

pitc9
11-02-2004, 02:29 PM
signed

Denyce
11-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Signed. :(

heinz57_79
11-02-2004, 03:39 PM
signed... what morons....:rolleyes:

chrissycat21
11-02-2004, 03:46 PM
signed

Jadapit
11-02-2004, 03:48 PM
I signed. What total idiots that mom and her son are!!:mad:

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
I didn't sign it, I went straight to the problem. I sent an email to the one listed on the site and then to another one listed on the host's site, I think it's the father. Here is what I sent:

I am appalled and saddened that you're teaching your son that this is the way to make money. Being a back yard breeder/puppy mill is in no way responsible and is teaching your son wrong. Hundreds of homeless animals are put to death every month and you/your son are contributing to this. If you don't believe me, just check out this website: http://justonelitter.com/litter.html And, check out www.petfinder.com Plenty of homeless animals there. As of right now, there are 164,660 homeless animals available. Those animals are being done a great injustice by contributing to the already huge problem. Please educate your son to spay/neuter and at least go through rescue groups if he or someone he knows wants some type of pure bred.

Jamieejo85
11-02-2004, 04:20 PM
I also signed it!:D I also let others know too because it looks like they need about 900 more signatures as of now.
~Jamie

Jods
11-02-2004, 04:57 PM
My gosh...
Signed... I went to hos site and it said they had miniture rotties on the way is there even such thing??

shutterbug0303
11-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Signed...and good questions about the rotties...?!?!?! Thanks to Dukedogsmom for sending a direct email. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do the same thing. The more emails directly to them, the more they will be willing to listen.

lovemyshiba
11-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Jods
My gosh...
Signed... I went to hos site and it said they had miniture rotties on the way is there even such thing??

I doubt it, just another way for him to make some more money.
Disgusting.

I signed the petition, would also like to email whoever Val did, and am sending a snail mail letter to People magazine as well.

zaylagrey
11-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I went to their website (Cuddlypuppy) and they mention on the bottom to go to petfinder.com and consider adopting and that they use breeders that breed for quality not quantity. I also went to people mag. site and their Nov. 8 magazine isn't out yet and it would not bring up the article, therefore It's not available. I would be more than happy to sign on this because I am all for adopting from rescues before breeders, but I also like to read it for my self then to jump to conclusions, rather than to take someone's word for it That I don't even know. Did the author of this petition somehow get the inside scoop on this article? Just curious.

Karen
11-02-2004, 06:24 PM
I signed.

Giselle
11-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Zaylagrey,

I believe that they sell mags before the given date. That's the way it always is with my mags (Money, Time, and DogFancy). Also, I believe it has come out already because a member on another board posted about this atrocity before she even knew about the petition. Another member soon gave us a link, and *then* the original poster signed. One thing that makes me wonder is that cuddlypuppy is VERY similar to a certain Wizard of Claws.....hmmm....

Giselle
11-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Oh, right and I can't find the "Miniature Rottweilers", but one person said that it's supposed to be a mix between a Miniature Pinscher and a Pekingese. Which is, needless to say, stupid in every aspect considering Pekingeses have long fur and are built rectangularly with dropped heart-shaped ears. Now, tell me how that and a Min Pin will produce a Rott-looking dog:mad: ? I personally thought it should have been a Pug if you were aiming for a Rott-looking dog in the first place...Btw, I was told that they couldn't even spell Pekingese correctly...*sigh*

gr8dane
11-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Thank you everyone :)

Lori
MAGDRL Volunteer
www.magdrl.org

shutterbug0303
11-03-2004, 11:20 AM
In one of the other forums, someone posted a link to a puppymill board!!! Well, as I was clicking around....look what I found...:ekk:

"I'm bing harassed..."

I was recently featured in people magazine and now i'm being harrased. Any ideas on what to do to stop this.
Message boards calling me bad things, people writing letters saying I should be shot , etc.

thanks

tim

Just thought it was interesting to find this.....Here is the link to the site....

puppymill site (http://www.usabreeders.com/dc/dcboard.php)

*Thought I would add the link to the post Tim's Post (http://www.usabreeders.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=27754&mesg_id=27754#27754)

PJ's Mom
11-03-2004, 11:24 AM
He should quit breeding puppies and learn how to spell. :rolleyes:

wolflady
11-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

AMEN to that!

shutterbug0303
11-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

hahaa!!! I'm in total agreement! I wonder who wrote his business plan?!?!?!?

DJFyrewolf36
11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Interesting site...I love how the legalieese is similar to the stuff you see when buying a car or something...

:rolleyes: sad

pipersmom
11-03-2004, 02:03 PM
I signed.

Jods
11-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Quote:
"Oh, right and I can't find the "Miniature Rottweilers"..."

Heres the blurb I found about them it is on the Puggle page:

"We are accepting deposits on a new litter of Miniature Rotties. These puppies will be Black/ Tan this time but will have the same figure as the puppy listed. Tail cropped. Will be 7-10lbs full grown."

Taken directly from The cuddly.com site

Denyce
11-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Ok I went to that link for Tim's post. I could pretty much puke now. There is so much cruelty in this world it is all I can do not to just cry right now. I am getting too exhausted to get angry anymore. I truly am starting to despair for this world and the human race. So much greed...so much avarice...so much cruelty and lack of compassion. I just can't understand:( :( :( :(

Denyce