PDA

View Full Version : Eeeeeeeewwwwwww!

catnapper
11-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I just went to the basement to do some laundry.... and my drain backed up into the basement! :eek: You should smell it! Oh God, its terrible. I nearly passed out when I opened the basement door. Guess what HUBBY will be doing tonight? Yup, getting rid of muck. I did it the last time (this same time last year) its HIS turn.

Thank God the cats didn't get down there... or I'd have 4 smelly kitties. Anybody know anything about cleaning drains? :eek: :( :eek: :(

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 02:18 PM
That is NasT! I know enough about them that I'd be calling someone else to do it. I wouldn't even attempt to be in that stuff. Sounds very unpleasant. Tell hubby to get some hipwaders :)

ramanth
11-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh I am so sorry. :( ew!!

caseysmom
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Call your local firehouse, they may help for free. A friends hubby was a fireman and she told me they do things like that.

pitc9
11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Nasty...... oh I feel for you!!

I hope he gets it fixed quick and the smell goes away too!!:(

Tonya
11-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Yucky! Don't you rent? If so, call your landlord! You shouldn't have to do that. I rented an old beautiful Victorian house once that would always do that. It was soooo disgusting! They said the tree roots had grown into the system and plugged it up. MY landlords would always have someone come clean it and unclog it for us. They eventually gave me the option to buy and I turned them down. If it wasn't for the poo poo problem, it would have been my dream home.

cookieluver7
11-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Yucky! Good thing your husband has to clean it and not you! I don't know about cleaning sinks, all i know is that you better clean it!

Laura's Babies
11-03-2004, 08:26 AM
EUCKIE! Recycled poo!

catnapper
11-03-2004, 08:32 AM
UGH... Good thing we weren't able to clean it last night... once everyone took their nightly showers, the level nearly doubled! I'd have been really annoyed to spend the night cleaning it only to have it worse after I did so.

My trial dosing of Drain-o didn't work (apparently). We called my BIL who is a contractor and he's going to see what he can do about pulling favors from his plumbing buddies to do this for us for free. Hopefully all it needs is a good dosing with the plumbing snake and all is well again.

Keep my smelly basement in your prayers! LOL.

WRR
11-03-2004, 09:29 AM
it might need to be "snaked". you can get a portable snake at Home Depot or Lowes.... its nasty work.....

i think you should do it for your hubby.............

hee heeeeeeee

:p

Tonya
11-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by WRR
it might need to be "snaked". you can get a portable snake at Home Depot or Lowes.... its nasty work.....

i think you should do it for your hubby.............

hee heeeeeeee

:p

Yes, we had to buy one at the old house. I don't know how much it was, but it came in handy. I'm sure you'll get your money's worth out of it.