PDA

View Full Version : Dog fur sweater!

Glacier
11-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Lookit what I got! My husband was being a doofus last night and wouldn't take pictures for me so this is the best one I could get!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Scenery/sweater.jpg
PT's own Corinna designed this sweater with her own talented hands. It's made of English Sheepdog fur.

I'll be toasty warm this winter!

Thanks Corinna!

ramanth
11-02-2004, 12:41 PM
That's so cool!! :D

Corinna
11-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Glad it got there and you are enjoying it. I have too many freinds with Hairy dogs. That sweater arrived as a 50 gallion garbage bag full of clipped old english sheep dog. after many hours of sorting and spinning . I got to begain the designing and knitting (the fun part) It was just to warm for me to wear here so I thought I would give it to Glacier to keep her warm as she did what I would love to be doing all the time too.
Wear it well and stay warm.

popcornbird
11-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Wow! What a nice sweater! Can't believe its made out of dog fur! Very nice! Good job Corinna!

cali
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
thats awsome! my grandma made dogfur stuff for my mom out of my moms shelties years ago, we have sheltie hair scarfs, sheltie hair mittens, and a sheltie hair touque :D

pitc9
11-02-2004, 07:24 PM
That is cool!!!

A 50 gallon bag of fur!!! WOW!!!:eek:

Someone here last year had a pair of mittens made from their dogs fur... didn't they?? If so... Corinna... did you make those also??

Or am I loosing my mind?? :p

Glacier, you'll be the warmest musher of them all!!!:D

Glacier
11-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
Someone here last year had a pair of mittens made from their dogs fur... didn't they?? If so... Corinna... did you make those also??

Or am I loosing my mind?? :p

Glacier, you'll be the warmest musher of them all!!!:D

I have a hat made of my dogs' fur mixed with some Alpaca I think. It's almost too warm to wear! I am getting a matching pair of mitts made this year. Not made by Corinna though.

My hubby bought me a pair of Army issue, good to -60 pants last weekend. They aren't nearly as pretty as the sweater, but I will definatly be warm this winter!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Wow, that is sooo cool! After I read Glacier's post I was all full of questions, but Corinna answered them all. It's so cool that you cleaned it all and spun it and then knit(?) it into a sweater! Not too many people these days would even know where to begin with a project like that. :)

wolf_Q
11-02-2004, 09:30 PM
That looks great! Good job Corinna! :) She is making something out of Nebo fur for me too. :D

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 02:52 PM
What a goegeous sweater, bet it's really cozy!! :)