PDA

View Full Version : Did you vote yet?

catnapper
11-02-2004, 06:29 AM
I went to the polls fifteen before they opened.... and there was a long line. By the time my huband and son got there, the line was out the door (he took a sepaprate car and stopped for gas) and by the time he got there, the line was out the door! I always get to the polls first thing, and am usually #1 or 2. Every time. Today I was #12. So glad to see everyone coming out to vote and make their voices heard!

I can only imagine what the polls will be like around noon-time and after work. :eek:

Pam
11-02-2004, 06:36 AM
My son left to vote at 7:00 but hubby and I probably won't arrive there until about 8:30 or even 9:00. I am prepared for long lines as well. Actually I was told that those who vote between 11:00 and 4:00 have the best chance of avoiding the lines, so if anyone has today off you might choose to go then.

Logan
11-02-2004, 06:52 AM
My husband and i are getting ready to go right now. We both have to work today, but will get late starts to get this voting done first thing. :)

chrangharris
11-02-2004, 06:57 AM
My husband and I went at 7 am. I've always walked right up, voted and left. Not today- we waited about 30 minutes or so. Luckily, Misha was quite content sitting in the Snugli and even took a little nap, after charming everyone else waiting in line!

pitc9
11-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Yep!! I voted at 7am this morning before work!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Not yet. I have to be at work at 05:30 so I will have to go when I get off.
I am excited though.. this will be my first time voting!!:D

Christiansmommy
11-02-2004, 08:00 AM
I am going today around 2pm...when the lines shouldn't be too bad...

Samantha Puppy
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I told my boss yesterday that I'd be voted before I came in to work and I did. :)

catlover4ever
11-02-2004, 08:29 AM
I have voted in every election and primary since I was of age to vote. I will be going after work around 6pm. My husband will be going after he gets out of work as well.

ramanth
11-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Just got into work from voting! This is my 3rd presidential election and I've never seen such a turnout! :D

Miranda_Rae
11-02-2004, 08:49 AM
I can't vote, I am not old enough. :( But today my parents and my 18 yr old brother are voting. :D I think they were thinking of going at 10 or 2. Not sure though.

shutterbug0303
11-02-2004, 08:57 AM
This will be my first presidential election I am voting in!!...after work...:D So proud!! And, WOW, what a turnout everywhere!!! Great to know people are concerned about voicing their opinions! :D

slick
11-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Good luck everyone! Not doubt the results will have an indirect impact on Canada so please make the right choice.

Just heard on the news this morning that our Prime Minister Paul Martin is re-introducing a bill to decriminalize pot; means that if you get caught with less than 150 g then you just get a fine and no jail time......but then again I guess this Dog House discussion. LOL

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 09:04 AM
I've always gone after work and most times just walk right in and vote. Not sure what tonight is going to be like, but I'm prepared to stand in line. One of the nice things about standing in line is you get to talk to neighbors you might not every have met otherwise.

Also, I know other countries do this (but can't remember which ones) but I think we should all GET THE DAY OFF so we can be sure and have plenty of time to vote. ;) Sorry, just my sorry excuse at trying to get out of work. :o ;) :D :p

And another thing, if you haven't voted yet, be sure and thank your poll workers when you do vote. They put in long hard hours and most are volunteers. My mom volunteers and sometimes she doesn't get home until after 11:00 pm!

molucass
11-02-2004, 09:07 AM
I haven't gone to vote yet. I have to babysitt today, so I have to wait until either my sister or mom gets home for me to go.
=/

jazzcat
11-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Hubby and I did early voting about two weeks ago!

lizbud
11-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Yes I voted.:D The polling place was busy, but not overly
crowded. Since I retired from my job last Friday, I can pretty
much pick my time to vote.:)

smokey the elder
11-02-2004, 10:04 AM
I'll vote after work. The polling place is a block from my house!

sirrahbed
11-02-2004, 10:07 AM
I just now returned - it took about an hour and I am also used to walking in and out - but this is good to see so many folks voting.

Dennis requested his absentee from Texas but it did not arrive yesterday:( So, he booked an earlier flight, leaving right after the funeral today so he will have to go right to the board of elections, sign an affadavit that he did NOT receive his absentee in Texas, and they will allow him to vote. This will be a record year for going to great lengths for him to vote!!! Hopefully next year, we will have early voting in Ohio, to avoid this problem. I did notice that the local precinct had him listed as requesting an absentee - so they are really on the ball to prevent any duplication - a good thing!

rosethecopycat
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Voted.

1 hour wait.

People wait much longer than that to ride a ride at Disney World.

:)

Fox-Gal
11-02-2004, 10:23 AM
My husband and I are planing on going around 2 or 3. We are hoping that if we get there in between lunch hours and the end of a work day we won't have as long a wait.

Plus we both are doing a last min look at certain items that we are not sure about, yet. We are 100% sure on most things, the Pres. Sheriff, Senate, etc etc.. It's some of these amendments, that we still have questions about. I hate going in there not fully ready, but I'm sure there are a lot of people just like us out there. Some of them where not covered clearly, so it left that HuH? feeling. :confused:

ramanth
11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Also, I know other countries do this (but can't remember which ones) but I think we should all GET THE DAY OFF so we can be sure and have plenty of time to vote. ;) Sorry, just my sorry excuse at trying to get out of work. :o ;) :D :p

I called my mom last night to find out when she and dad were going to the polls and she said they were going together after she got out of work. Dad's already at work when mom gets home, so I asked if he was going in late.

Nope. General Motors gave the guys the day off here in Lansing encouraging them to go vote! :eek: :D

I want the day off! :mad: :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

aly
11-02-2004, 10:43 AM
I voted at 9:00 and there were only a few people in line ahead of me. It went very quickly! The volunteer said they had been really busy earlier but had slowed down tremendously. I guess I got lucky. I hope it gets busy for the rest of the day and everyone goes to vote! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Nope. General Motors gave the guys the day off here in Lansing encouraging them to go vote! :eek: :D

Way to go GM! Randel Electric, are you going to follow suit?

<voice from bosses office booms out>NO!

Drat. ;)

QueenScoopalot
11-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Between the walk down the street a few blocks, and the wait in line, all in all it took hubby and I less than 20 minutes.

zippy-kat
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Voted! :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Because we moved right in the middle of everything, my husband and I voted by absentee ballot.

BTW Debbie....most European countires vote on Sunday....(sorry!;) )

Corinna
11-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Hubby ,son and I went at 9aam. It was a little busy took about 30 mintues . then about 5 minutes dodging high school kids. (we vote at the school)

lovemyshiba
11-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Yep:)

Just got back--we waited in line for about 45 minutes, it wasn't too bad. I noticed so many moms there with their children, a lot of them were expaining what was going on to them, and the babies were all sleeping!!

trayi52
11-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Just got back from voting.

Willie

davidpizzica
11-02-2004, 05:10 PM
I voted right after work. The voting place was a church almost next to me. I just walked in and voted. I was the only one there!

Uabassoon
11-02-2004, 05:12 PM
I voted on Friday.

lizzielou742
11-02-2004, 05:28 PM
My state - Kentucky - doesn't have early voting. So I voted this morning at 6:00 am. Stood in line for 30 minutes. Not too bad. The booths were all taken, though, so they had a lot of us vote at a picnic table!! We were all trying to cover our ballots with our hands. Too funny. Only in Kentucky! :rolleyes: :p

My best friend voted in Ohio and said she went in at 7:15 am this morning and had to wait 2 hours and 15 minutes to get a ballot. But she stayed in line and cast her ballot!

molucass
11-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I voted today around 3:30 p.m.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 08:21 PM
I went after work. Got there about 5:50 pm. There was one person in a booth, one at the end of the table on her way to the booth and me - that's it! There were more workers there than voters. They did say there were busy earlier on and percentage wise had more voters than any of the workers could remember. But they said the longest lines would be between 4 & 7 so I was expecting a line and nothing. Not that I'm complaing.....;)

cookieluver7
11-02-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm too young to vote, but I promise I will the next election that I am old enough!

Karen
11-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Paul and I voted mid-afternoon - I took a "lunch break," swung home, picked him up, and we went to vote. There was literally no line - not a single person waiting, so we went right in, voted, and I got back to work faster than anyone expected. They had all gone earlier and waited in lines to vote!

Kater
11-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Yes, I voted absentee. :D

RubyMutt
11-02-2004, 08:36 PM
I voted last Monday (mailed my absentee ballot) :D