PDA

View Full Version : laid off

davidpizzica
11-02-2004, 04:13 AM
RANT!! How do you like that? I finally come back to work after my knee surgery and I find out that I'll be laid off! Well this will be my second year of being laid off, (I'll be collecting unemployment any how), but what sense does it make to come back, work for three weeks then get laid off? Management (rolls eyes) :o

kimlovescats
11-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Oh David, that stinks! I am so sorry to hear this ... I hope you will make it ok! ;)

catnapper
11-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear that! Being laid off is no fun! I know, I have been unemployed for a year now. Thank goodness you'll at least get unemployment to hold you over til you can find something else. Good luck!

lbaker
11-02-2004, 07:18 AM
David! How horrible for you. Was it a company mass lay-off? Did you get some sort of compensation at least (like several weeks pay or something?). Do you have to leave immediately or did they give you notice? None of my business but I'm curious as to how different companies handle this type of situation. Management, PAH PHOOEY. :mad: :mad:

pitc9
11-02-2004, 07:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this! I wish you good luck in finding another job!!

Tonya
11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
David! How horrible for you. Was it a company mass lay-off? Did you get some sort of compensation at least (like several weeks pay or something?). Do you have to leave immediately or did they give you notice? None of my business but I'm curious as to how different companies handle this type of situation. Management, PAH PHOOEY. :mad: :mad:

If it wasn't a mass layoff, was it possibly because of your knee? Just asking, because that is something my company would do.

I'm sorry to hear that. At least you'll get some unemployment to help you out.

jazzcat
11-02-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm so sorry!

smokey the elder
11-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Well that stinks.:(

gini
11-02-2004, 10:56 AM
David, I am so sorry. Please don't let it get you down. All of us are here for you and you can rant and rave all you want!

moosmom
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Oh David :(

I'm sorry you got laid off. Their timing sucks BIG TIME!!! :mad:

I just got back from going up and down a road loaded with stores that are hiring seasonal help. Someone's GOTTA hire me. I even went and applied to a place called "Lover's Lane" which is a naughty nitey store :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :eek:

Hang in there honey. I'll try and call you tonight. My shoulder is your shoulder sweetheart!!

((((hugs))))

Donna

davidpizzica
11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. One thing I didn't mwntion and should have was that this is only a seasonal layoff and that I'll be back as basic slave late february or early march. Think of how much time I'll have on PT!!

davidpizzica
11-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Oh David :(

I'm sorry you got laid off. Their timing sucks BIG TIME!!! :mad:

I just got back from going up and down a road loaded with stores that are hiring seasonal help. Someone's GOTTA hire me. I even went and applied to a place called "Lover's Lane" which is a naughty nitey store :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :eek:

Hang in there honey. I'll try and call you tonight. My shoulder is your shoulder sweetheart!!

((((hugs))))

Donna Honey, I could just see you working at Lover's Lane! I sure hope you come up with some seasonal work. Do you know what? with the money we have between us we might make it to the poorhouse! Right now I have six dollars in my checking account! {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Sweetheart!

moosmom
11-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Do you know what? with the money we have between us we might make it to the poorhouse! Right now I have six dollars in my checking account!

Honey, you've got a HELL of alot more money than I do, cuz my checking account is overdrawn!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by david p
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. One thing I didn't mwntion and should have was that this is only a seasonal layoff and that I'll be back as basic slave late february or early march. Think of how much time I'll have on PT!!
I was wondering if it was a seasonal thing. It's still the pits though. Too bad they didn't let you know sooner. You could have had your surgery during the lay off.

At least we will benefit by having you on PT more often!:)

davidpizzica
11-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Honey, you've got a HELL of alot more money than I do, cuz my checking account is overdrawn!!!!! Hey, how about that! You have a rich boyfriend!

carole
11-02-2004, 05:15 PM
They say in every pocket there is a silver lining, that being we will beable to see much more of you on PT, and now you and Donna are in the same boat, you can chat more, even if its online, but seriously my friend I am sorry to hear this news, but pleased you will be hired back in Feb, until then, try and make the most of your time, think of it as a much earned holiday. cheers Big Bro...:)

Miss Meow
11-03-2004, 02:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're being laid off.

I hope you get by over Christmas and the new year, and they give you some work again soon.