PDA

View Full Version : New Antidepressant...

Glacier
11-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Introducing Paxil!
My friend, Trish, is the person who introduced me to the sport of mushing, gave me my first real sled dog(Sleet) and most of my initial equipment. I like to blame her for everything that's happened here in the last four years! She still comes to visit Sleet regularly. A couple years ago, I was at her place and told her that if she ever wanted to retire Paxil, a small black and white lead dog, that I would take her. I actually tried to steal her that night, but Trish wouldn't let her go. Well, she called me tonight and she's ready to send Paxil to a recreational team! MINE!!!! If I don't take her Paxil will stay right where she is.

Paxil is much like my Sleet only a few years younger. She's a great dog, has been well cared for, is already altered, vetted, the whole nine yards. My friend runs a touring business and Paxil doesn't want to do 60 mile days anymore. I rarely do over 40 and usually stick to around 25. She'll be perfect here! Sleet had to retire this year after 10 years of being a lead dog. I really miss her wisdom and experience up front, especially with my young dogs. I think Paxil will be a great fit for my team. It's not set in stone yet. I will be going out there on the weekend to visit her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/dogteam.jpg
This pic was taken four years ago. The black dog in lead is Paxil. The dog team is Trish's. This was the first time I ever drove a team. I've been hooked since that moment! I'd consider it an honor to care for Paxil and kinda karmic since she was my very first leader!

guster girl
11-02-2004, 02:23 AM
That's an awesome photo!

cyber-sibes
11-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Wonderful! I sincerely hope all goes well and Paxil can join your team! I've never been sledding, but I think it would be awesome - great picture! I always linger over your sig - what a beautiful dog - do you have any pics of your team?

tatsxxx11
11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
You and your pups are truly impressive!!! I love that you and they get to interact in such a fun, healthy and loving way:) That photo is spectacular!!! And Paxil sure does sound like the ideal "antidepressant!":) I hope that she gets to join your team; it sounds like it was providence that she find her way back to you:) What a glorious retirement that would be...Camp Glacier:)

pitc9
11-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm so happy for you and Paxil!!!

Make sure you let us know when she's joined your team for sure!!!

And I can't wait to see pictures of her with your team!!!:D

Glacier
11-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
Wonderful! I sincerely hope all goes well and Paxil can join your team! I've never been sledding, but I think it would be awesome - great picture! I always linger over your sig - what a beautiful dog - do you have any pics of your team?

That's my Hoodoo in the sig. He passed away on February 29, 2004--far too young and without warning. I miss him everyday.

I do have some pics of my team, but none quite like that. Most of mine are taken from my vantage point on the sled. Lots of pics of husky tails, not many of the team from the front!

kimlovescats
11-02-2004, 05:54 PM
How very COOOOOOOOOOOOL (pardon the pun)!!! Paxil looks like a gorgeous dog!;)

dogs_4_me
11-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Great picture, Paxil seems like a great dog:)

Cinder & Smoke
11-08-2004, 12:15 PM
:)

Paxil has moved into Camp Glacier!!

Read all about it on >>>

She's Here... (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=904502)

;)