PDA

View Full Version : What will we watch?

Pam
11-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Since today started the closing arguments in the Scott Peterson case and Election Day is tomorrow I was just thinking our television sets will be getting a break from trial coverage and campaign rhetoric. I wonder what will be the next event that will monopolize the news? :)

Logan
11-01-2004, 11:13 PM
There is no telling, Pam! :eek: But we can rest assured that there will be something!!! :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Pam

... our television sets will be getting a break
from trial coverage and campaign rhetoric...

Dream on... :rolleyes:

We'll be "treated" to a never-ending Hash, RE-Hash,
and RE-Re-Hash of this election - probably for about
:eek: the next four years! :(

You haven't been allowed to "forget" Election 2000 - have you??

:p

/s/ Phred

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 05:52 AM
Sunday nights, Desperate Housewives. That is my most favorite show now. I love it!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 09:08 AM
I think the next big this is Judge Renquist (sp?) being replaced on the Supreme Court. If you haven't heard, he had surgery for thyroid cancer and is now undergoing radiation and chemotherapy. No one is saying exactly how sick he is, but experts say when you undergo the surgery and radiation and chemo, that it's a pretty aggresive form of the cancer. He says he's going to keep up with his court work at home, but you can bet that even if he lasts until next year he won't last much longer than that - he's already 80 years old. He has been a huge voice in the supreme court and you can bet replacing him will cause a HUGE partisan battle - oh joy of joys. ;) :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
I think you might be correct, Debbie. I was so sad to hear that his cancer was far more aggressive than first thought. Seems that it's not long after one wave of major news events subsides that another comes along. I still get a shudder when I hear those words, "Breaking News." Ever since 9/11, I haven't been able to shed that "high alert" mode.

RICHARD
11-02-2004, 11:06 AM
The Manchurian Candidate???:rolleyes:

ramanth
11-02-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm going to try and not turn on the TV this evening, but the weather is not helping. :( Must read a book though if the TV gets turned on, I'll try to stick to Animal Planet and the Weather Channel. :D

Wed. night is Lost and Smallville! :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Kerry's inauguration???????? :D ;) :D

Samantha Puppy
11-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Kerry's inauguration???????? :D ;) :D :barf: I hope not!

I have a feeling that the closer Mark Hacking gets to his trial, the more you'll see about that disgusting case. :(

aly
11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy

I have a feeling that the closer Mark Hacking gets to his trial, the more you'll see about that disgusting case. :(

Yup I agree on that. And I think we'll be seeing election crapola for a long time as well.

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
And, I hope so!! We'll find out soon. I'm just glad today's the last day for this crap.

Logan
11-02-2004, 01:15 PM

:rolleyes: :p

tomkatzid
11-02-2004, 01:33 PM
At my work, (hotel) EVERYONE, will want to watch the returns. The place was packed, standing room only, for all the debates.

RICHARD
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
The NBA on TNT!

Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets open up their season followed by Kobe and HIS Lakers!

Beginning at 4 Eastern Time!!
:)

RedHedd
11-02-2004, 03:23 PM
I hope so too!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets open up their season followed by Kobe and HIS Lakers!
:)

And NO Shaq! What ever is LA going to do? ;)

Hmm....maybe they can send Shaq to the Bulls becuase they definitely need something! :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
11-02-2004, 04:41 PM
same things I have been watching all along.........

Monster Garage, sports, and catching up on all the movies I've missed for the last two years while I've been at FT Drum.

carole
11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
We even have a 2hr special on the elections here tonight, I don't think I will be watching it, there has been quite enough coverage for my liking.,but I still take an interest, the voting of the new president affects all countries.

Good luck to both men, I am hoping for some new blood, so I am hoping Kerry will get in.