PDA

View Full Version : Nibbling...???

shutterbug0303
11-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Does anyone else's dogs nibble??? Venus is constantly nibbling either us or the other dogs. I cracks me up when she gets ahold of Sahara and starts nibbling. However, it is not so funny when she does it to our arms!! When she wants something or is very excited, she seems to do it! What does it mean?? It never hurts us...just a bit of spit, and sometimes a little pinch if she gets a piece of skin in there, but I'm never under the impression that she does it to hurt anyone...just to get our attention?!?! :D

micki76
11-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Millie jumps and nips when I come home. :mad: It's very annoying, but she's not very bright and nothing I've tried has stopped her.

She doesn't do it to hurt me either, but every once in a while she get's a pinch of skin on my arm and it HURTS!

LOL, I'm sure I look completely wierd walking into the house with my arms over my head. :p

chocolatepuppy
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
My Lacey will nibble on Mandy sometimes and will try to nibble us(it doesn't hurt) but we don't allow her, we make her stop.

ParNone
11-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Gully's a nibbler. When you're scratching him, he'll nibble at whatever's handy. A blanket, towel, toy, your shirt, your hand. I think it's his way of communicating how good the scratching feels. It's never nippy in anyway. It's actually very gentle and his teeth never press down to hurt you at all.

Par...

Chica
11-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi, :)

I was told that it is a show of affection. They eventially stop.:)

My chihuahua is 6 1/2 months old and she does it to, but I don't encourage it. I always tell her no!;)

I hope it will stop when she is an adult.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/chicainthegrass.jpg
:cool:

shutterbug0303
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
We thought that too...about her being an adult...but she is already 7!!! :eek: lol She must be showing affection or is just really excited. We don't let her do it, and tell her no when we see her teeth coming....I was just curious to know if other pups did this too! :D Good to know we're not the only one :D

Micki ~ must be interesting with your arms over your head!! ;) :p :D

Giselle
11-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I think it's called Lovenits. I forget, but it's usually a sign of affection and you should be honored that you're receiving nits;) !

K9soul
11-01-2004, 09:17 PM
My RB collies were big nibblers, but it was like Par said, gentle and not painful. Tommy and Tasha nibble a bit too, Tommy probably more than Tasha. They nibble each other and us sometimes. It seems like they always do it when they are feeling particularly happy and affectionate.