PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official...

moosmom
11-01-2004, 03:22 PM
:( I am officially unemployed again. I got a call from Kelly Services and they told me they got an email from Mazda telling them I was let go.

:( :( :( I kept busy today faxing my resume to temp services in CT. I called my daughter's former temp service and emailed my resume to them. I told them my move is contingent upon my finding work.

This certainly can't get any worse, can it? But at least the crying is over (for now anyway). Now I'm just plain determined to get outta Dodge.

I sent an email to a friend of mine who is part of the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue to see if I can find Fawnie a home. I also called Kimmy to see if she could take LilEli. We're working out plans to meet this weekend, keeping our fingers crossed that Eli, Logan and Mama Zam get along. Personally, I think Eli and Logan might be pals because they're both scaredy cats.

I certainly owe you one Kimmy for taking in Eli.

If ANYONE in the Michigan area who is a member of this site knows of someone who would like to adopt an American Curl please let me know. I would greatful to find a wonderful home for my Carly :( :( .

Samantha Puppy
11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I know it's hard to see now, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Everything. It may take a bit but things will work out and you'll land on your feet - those with resilience always do, and you've definitely got it.

I live in Maryland so I can't help with your cats, but I'll be sending positive vibes and lots of prayers your way.

mugsy
11-01-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry Donna...:( :( Did they bother to give you a reason?? Am I to assume that if you find a job next week in CT that you'll be moving before Thanksgiving or during??

dukedogsmom
11-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Here's a rescue in Michigan that I found. I tried to call a phone number listed but it seems to not be working properly. http://www.furri.org/ Maybe you can get them by email. Good luck and I hope things get much better and soon. I know it must be very difficult to decide who to keep and who to try to rehome. Do you have any that would get along well with dogs? I don't want a kitten and was going to rescue one from the SPCA. If we could work something out, I'd be happy to give one of yours a good home. I'm in Florida.

Logan
11-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm so sorry, Donna. I'm not in a position to help you with any of the cats, but I do and will pray that things will work out in a positive manner. I'm just so heartsick that this turned out the way it did.

Hang in there, please. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Logan

cookieluver7
11-01-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry. Keep your chin up. That is all you can do. Pray and hope that you are able to get another job. I'm sorry for the way you are feeling.:(

dukedogsmom
11-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Bumping this up for you to see.

moosmom
11-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Dukedogsmom,

That is so sweet of you to offer one of my cats a home!! The only one I can think of that would be compatible with dogs would be Doogie. He's a 1 1/2 year old male, neutered, who gets along with everybody! He's so laid back and mellow. A great fat cat. Litterbox and scratching post trained.

PM me or email me at [email protected]. Maybe we can set up some kind of transport. I'll do whatever I can to assure my cats get great homes.

Mugsy,

I highly doubt I'll get a job before Thanksgiving. I've been networking to different employment agencies throughout the greater Hartford, CT area. It's a little early yet. If the weather gets too bad, I'll just have to wait it out till Spring, although I want to get home ASAP.

In the meantime, in order to have SOME kind of income coming in, I've been looking in the NewsHerald newspaper. There are a few jobs there. But again, there are TONS of people unemployed which makes it even more difficult to find a job, let alone get an on site interview.

kimlovescats
11-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Hang in there, girl ... things will get better!;)

(((hugs)))
Kim

shais_mom
11-01-2004, 10:12 PM
I am so sorry Donna!
I can't help with your cats either but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....

krazyaboutkatz
11-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( I can't help you with your cats either but I'm sending some prayers and positive thoughts your way. Things will get better. Please take care and remember that we're all here for you. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Corinna
11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Sorry to hear they were so stupid to let you go. I wish I could help but 3 dogs and 3 cats already my neighbors and land lord would really complain. Plus I'm so far away.
We will continue to pray for you to find a great place to work at.

catfancier
11-02-2004, 12:02 AM
So sad - I'm sorry about your work situation as well - I hope I'm right when I say that it happens to the best of us (I was recently rejected from a job I thought was mine all over, so it's a similar situation).
I really hope things get better for you, please keep us posted.

Good luck, hang in there :)

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 08:35 AM
You've got a pm from me waiting in your inbox

manda_moo87
11-02-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, I wish I could help. Your in my thoughts and prayers as well, take care.

gini
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Donna, I am really sorry to hear of this turn of events. Try your best to keep your spirits up.