PDA

View Full Version : What's In A Name??

RICHARD
11-01-2004, 01:40 PM
New law bans human names for pets

A Brazilian MP has drawn up a new law to ban people from giving their pets 'human' names.

Pastor Reinaldo, from Rio Grande do Sul, says it's embarrassing for people to find they have the same name as a dog or cat.

He told Terra Noticias Populares: "It is terribly embarrassing when someone finds out that someone else has named their pets with their name."

Under his new law, anyone who gives their animals a human name could be fined and also ordered to carry out community service.

The law, which was approved in the first round of voting, still has to be approved by a community commission to finally become active.

---------------------------------------------

What's the big deal??

I've been told I'm "an animal"
;)

carole
11-01-2004, 01:43 PM
How ridiculous, what an IDIOT, and thats putting it nicely, I would be honoured to have a pet named after me, its obvious he does not share our love for animals, I feel sorry for him, such an outrageous law, talk about lack of freedom. GRRR........:mad:

jazzcat
11-01-2004, 01:44 PM
What a ridiculous waste of money!:rolleyes:

WRR
11-01-2004, 01:49 PM
what about "the boy named sue"......wonder if he could sue.....er...suit....er....... :D :p

moosmom
11-01-2004, 02:41 PM
How dumb is that???

Here's a TRUE story about "What's In A Name"

I was working on the ambulance years ago and we got a call for a woman in labor. A rather LARGE African American woman, who weighed over 250 lbs. was in her third stage of labor. We were forced to pull the ambulance over to the side of the road and deliver her bouncing baby girl. After the birth, she began delivering the placenta. Still in pain she asked what was wrong and we told her the contractions were so that the placenta could be delivered.

You'll NEVER guess what she named her kid. PLACENTA LATICIA JONES!!!!!! :eek: :eek: I swear this is the God's honest truth. It's one of the most memorable stories of my 19 year ambulance career.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
My cats Leonardo, Luke, & Chester think that's a silly law! Boy would I be in trouble? I wonder if they would consider Grandma being named after a human too?:D