PDA

View Full Version : Going to Tennessee!!!

Blustang24
11-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I am so excited. I absolutely love Tennessee! I have a long weekend off of my job this weekend and decided to go. Kenny (KayAnn's brother) and I are leaving on Thursday night after work and coming back Monday! We are going to go in a pop up and stay at a camp ground in Pigeon Forge. I picked out a site right on the creek. We plan to go on a Old Fashioned Hayride, Gatlinburgs Winterfest Trolley Ride, and a few other things while we're there. I want to try that Hillbilly minature golfing in the mountains. That should be interesting! We might even just go sight seeking the the mountains! I don't care what we do, I just want to enjoy the scenery! We were thinking about bringing Honey, because we know she would LOVE it. But, we figured we would enjoy this time on our own and take her next time. So her and the kitties are going to go to my parents house for the weekend. :) I will be sure to take lots of pictures! I still need to take lots of updated pictures of Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, and Chloe...my how Chloe is getting big! :) She's my not-so-little "little kitty" anymore. :rolleyes: :)

KayAnn took Halloween pics of Honey yesterday, so maybe she'll post them today! *hint hint* If not, you guys will have to help me bug her for them! :)

Now that I am a little less busy with school and work hopefully I will be on more often! hehehe talk to you guys soon!

kimlovescats
11-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods!:D
Jazzcat (Lori) lives near pigeon forge! ENJOY!;)

jazzcat
11-01-2004, 12:39 PM
You'll be coming to my neck of the woods. I live in Knoxville, about an hour away from Gatlinburg.

I haven't played the Hillbilly Minature Golf in 15 years or so but it was different. It's on the side of a hill and you have to lean at an angle most the time so not to roll downhill. There is a new mini golf that opened a couple years ago called Davey Crockett Minature golf. It looks cute and the animated animals say stuff to you and make fun of you for missing shots. We've tried to go a couple of times but it was always too busy. It's right at the entrance of Gatlinburg on the left as you drive up from Pigeon Forge.

I didn't realize they had the winterfest lights on already. It's really pretty and you will enjoy it.

Have fun! If you love candy be sure to go to the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen. It's our favorite. Love their caramel apples with nuts - YUM!!!

Okay, now I want to go!

Logan
11-01-2004, 01:42 PM
I hope you have a great trip, Lauren! I LOVE that whole area. If you have a chance, ride up through the Great Smokey Mountain National Park and go to Cades Cove. They have a beautiful 11 mile, one way, loop road and if you hit at the right time, you will see beautiful deer grazing, and perhaps even a bear or two! We have seen deer, bears, even wild hogs on our excursions through there!

Take a camera and share your pictures!

Logan

Blustang24
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks all for the ideas!!! I'm going to write them down as soon as I'm done replying.

To anyone else to reads: any ideas for what to do is welcome! :)

That Cades Cove sounds nice. We might just have to do that! I love going in the mountains...well doing anything that's not in Florida lol.(which is a lot since Florida is amusement parks, beaches, and ocean). Thanks again guys! :)

Logan
11-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Here's a link for Cades's Cove, Lauren, just in case! ;)

Cade's Cove (http://www.cadescove.net/)

Logan
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Here's one more:

http://www.smokymtnmall.com/mall/cadesmap.html

Blustang24
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks so much Logan! ;)

dukedogsmom
11-01-2004, 02:52 PM
You lucky dog! Enjoy the cold weather. Be sure and go to the Apple Barn restaurant. It's wonderful. Have fun.

CamCamPup33
11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Your soo lucky!

I love tennessee! My family *Always* goes there. We have alot of other relatives there.

I have been to cade's cove, it's AWESOME. Very beautiful, i think i have pictures, but i would have to dig them up.

And i LOVE gatlinburg.. Hillbilly golf is fun! :p If you happen to go to the mountain mall, my aunt has a store there called "Ladybug & Me" :)

Have fun!

cookieluver7
11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
oooooh that sounds like fun. I've been to TN twice b/c it was so fun the first time. I went to hillbilly golf and its awesome. You should go to Dollywood if you don't know what to do some day because that was one of my favorite things to do there. Have fun! You will enjoy yourself. BTW, the scenery is beautiful. Make sure you post pictures for those who haven't seen the great smokey mountains. Have fun!

jazzcat
11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Here are a few shots from last fall. I took these in the Smoky Mountains National Park mid October 2003. Unfortunately I think a lot of the leaves have fallen now but it will probably still be pretty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/sm3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/sm2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/sm1.jpg

If you get a chance ride the swings in Gatlinburg, that's always fun and pretty.