PDA

View Full Version : Livvy AND Jonah Update :)

NoahsMommy
10-31-2004, 11:54 PM
Good news!!! They are now roomates in our walk-in closet! They have thier own sides (brand new Booda Dome litter boxes, food, water and beds), but they are now roomates and are tolerating each other nicely.

Its been raining here a lot and I didn't want Livvy out in it. So she's been hanging out in our bathroom. That got old quickly, so I decided to see if they could get along inside vs. outside.

I put some Rescue Remedy in their water and gave each of them 1/2 a Clomicalm (rx for anxiety) and sat with them. This was on Tuesday and they are still getting along! :)

They hissed a bit at first, but now they are living alongside each other. That's the good news!

The not so great news is that I really think Jonah is diabetic. He's lost so much weight since I rescued him. He eats a little, but not nearly as much as my other cats. He drinks a lot and pees a lot. On Tuesday, I'm taking him into work to get a blood test. Hopefully if he is, it'll be treated with food. There is a diet called M/D by Hill's that would be perfect for the roommates as its a low/no carb diet that would help Livvy lose weight and Jonah with his levels.

I'll let you all know how that goes on Tuesday. :)

Laura's Babies
11-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Keep us posted on the blood work! Glad things are working out with them being together. I wish you could just being another one on in and they all get along! I hate having to keep them shut up in another room! I feel cheated not having them sleeping with me, crawling in my lap and stuff. BUT....they have feelings too and it takes time.

catmandu
11-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Please keep ud updated,on Jonahs condition.Poor Scrappy,had diabetes,but sadly,by the tim,that it was diagnosed,his kidneys,were in such poor shape,that he had to pet,put to sleep! We,are praying,that Jonah,will recover,nad be the Happy Cat,that the Lord intended him,to be!

lizzielou742
11-01-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm glad they are getting along! Please keep us updated on Jonah's health. Hopefully it's not serious.

jazzcat
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm glad that is working out for you. Please let us know how things go for Jonah. I hope it's an easy fix of a new diet for him.

catlover4ever
11-01-2004, 10:39 AM
That is wonderful news.....and I will say a special prayer for Jonah!!!

sirrahbed
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Good to hear they are getting along better Kelly! I hope that you get some better news about Jonah and can control his health problems - will watch for updates!:) I know you have worked SOOO hard to find a happy solution for Olivia and you have my admiration. Maybe that solution is right around the corner!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Good to hear they are getting along!!!

I'll be praying for Jonah that he is not a diabetic... and i am believeing he will be good as perfect in no time!!:)

kimlovescats
11-01-2004, 01:23 PM
OH Kelly, what wonderful news!!! I am so glad you have found a solution, and that these two will soon be friends!!! WOW, you have a new job, and now this .... see, God is still working miracles in your life, sweetie!:D

Prayers that Jonah is ok with his blood tests! ;)

Kim

NoahsMommy
11-01-2004, 09:30 PM
:) Thanks guys. I'll let you all know what happens with the blood work tomorrow. :)

shais_mom
11-01-2004, 10:41 PM
yeaa!
Good Luck tomorrow!