PDA

View Full Version : Non Racist Skinheads

Uabassoon
10-31-2004, 12:05 PM
Last night I was at a party and this girl there told me she was a non racist skinhead. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone else understand it? If so please explain this to me.

heinz57_79
10-31-2004, 12:33 PM
First off, I know you weren't at MY party or i may have better insight. :p But seriously, maybe she just considers anyone who shaves their head and wears combat boots a "skinhead". I think the term skinhead carries with it many negative connotations which may, or may not, be true. If she said she was a non racist neo natzi I'd say she was cracked out. Does she have swastikas etc all over the place? Does she think Hitler was right on? If she does then she's either a) sorely misinformed or b) in denial. :)

Karen
10-31-2004, 12:41 PM
All I can think of is someone who wants to shave his or her head, but does not ascribe to the political beliefs of "skinheads." As she identified herself as one, though, I have no clue - makes no sense to me. (Of course, neither do racist beliefs, but that's a topic for another day.)

Lady's Human
10-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Non racist skinhead? maybe she's getting herself ready to go to Basic training and avoiding having her head shaved?

heinz57_79
10-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
Non racist skinhead? maybe she's getting herself ready to go to Basic training and avoiding having her head shaved?

Interesting theory... lol Except they don't shave heads at basic. ;)

Uabassoon
10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
I looked it up on google, and from what I understand it's people that dress like skin heads and like to fight but are not racist. I think think it's strange and don't understand. There is a large group of them called Sharps (Skin heads againts racial predudice). But if you aren't racist I'm confused as to why someone would still associate with a racist group.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/sharptor/

Lady's Human
10-31-2004, 07:27 PM
They shave the males heads in basic (or damned near, anyway, no razor, just as close as you can get with an electric clipper), but it is against AR 670-1 (uniform wear and appearance) for women to have a shaved head.

We're an army of one.....

with separate standards for all

Freckles
10-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Sounds like an oxymoron.:)

DJFyrewolf36
11-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
They shave the males heads in basic (or damned near, anyway, no razor, just as close as you can get with an electric clipper), but it is against AR 670-1 (uniform wear and appearance) for women to have a shaved head.

We're an army of one.....

with separate standards for all

This made me chuckle. I was going to look up the code too, because I remembered when I was in military school that they told us it was against the rules for a girl to shave her head.

One gal in my class did it anyway though :p

Non-racisit skinhead...how odd. I would have asked her more about it *and prolly got my @$$ kicked in the process heh*

luckies4me
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Aye people! There are TONS of non racist skinheads! Being a skinhead is not all about politics, it's about the people and music as well! I know a ton of skin heads, and no they are not racist. Before you go bashing someone for contridicting themselves do a bit more research. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
11-02-2004, 04:28 PM
I didn't think anyone was bashing anyone. Just a little confusion mixed with the usual PT oversized dose of humor.

carole
11-02-2004, 05:19 PM
I am curious does that mean anyone with a close shaved head, is considered a skinhead,? I hope not, because in summer my son has his head shaved, as its good for playing cricket etc, and a lot of the young men here do it, fashion type thing,no-one thinks anything of seeing young males with close shaved heads, its quite the norm.

LKPike
11-03-2004, 03:55 PM
I was once close to being beat up in school 3 years ago because I had a symbol *close* to that of a swastika on my folder. They assumed it must have been a new design for "us" neo natzis because I'm also german and because of that I MUST certainly be a natzi right? Just to inform you guys so you can PLEASE PLEASE inform your children that the swastika came from a japanese symbol meaning peace and thats the symbol I had drawn on my folder. Not a swastika. And no I'm not a natzi because I'm german. I ask that you inform your children because no matter how much you wanna believe your little darlings are angels, children can actually be quite cruel.