PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with Spyware slowing down their computer??

moosmom
10-31-2004, 07:32 AM
My computer has been SO slow lately. I called Highstream and they gave me two spyware programs to download. One is Spybot and the other one is Lavasoft.

I downloaded it and the first time it cleaned all the crap out (although it took quite a while). Everytime I sign on NOW, it's aggravatingly slower. I tried cleaning it up last night and there was one spyware (can't remember the name) that had over 53 hits on my computer!!! :eek: :eek:

Any suggestions?? This didn't start until AFTER I signed up with Highstream.net

smokey the elder
10-31-2004, 07:53 AM
I have AdAware and SpyBlocker; they work pretty well. Some spy blockers are actually scams, so be careful.

sammy101
10-31-2004, 08:01 AM
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/

download that!!It gets rid of all your Spyware(trust me,youll have alot of it..:eek: )Its only like a 30 day trial but its worth it.My trial is over so i have to go out and buy it:o
my computer was really messed up for a while and that helped alot.

sirrahbed
10-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Hubby swears by AdAware which is made by Lavasoft. We had lots of parasites and dataminers bogging us down and this took care of it. There is a free version and a pay version. We have the free and it works well but he wants to buy the regular version as well because it also blocks popups and closes some sort of hacker hole and also works continually instead of having to run the program several times a week.