PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need help making up a recipe...

Tonya
10-30-2004, 12:49 PM
I have corn, black beans, red, orange, and yellow bellpeppers. I think if I put them together, it'll have a cool Indian Corn effect. Should I serve it grilled and hot or as a cold salad? What seasonings/dressings should I mix in it?

tatsxxx11
10-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Definitely serve it cold!

I make a great salsa with those ingredients and just a few more...finely chopped plum tomatoes, (seeds removed) finely chopped red onion, corn, black bean, chopped bell peppers (lots of colors:D) lots of chopped cilantro, crushed red pepper to taste and then dressed with a mix of a light rice vinegar, a little fresh lime juice and a bit of good sesame oil. I serve it with grilled shrimp, marinated southwestern chicken or broiled salmon!

PJ's Mom
10-30-2004, 12:59 PM
That would be great on grilled lime cilantro chicken! :D

I think with the ingredients you've listed, I'd serve it cold. :)

Tonya
10-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Definitely serve it cold!

I make a great salsa with those ingredients and just a few more...finely chopped plum tomatoes, (seeds removed) finely chopped red onion, corn, black bean, chopped bell peppers (lots of colors:D) lots of chopped cilantro, crushed red pepper to taste and then dressed with a mix of a light rice vinegar, a little fresh lime juice and a bit of good sesame oil. I serve it with grilled shrimp, marinated southwestern chicken or broiled salmon!

Ooooh! That sounds awesome! Thank you so much.

tatsxxx11
10-30-2004, 03:11 PM
You're welcome Tonya:D Just go easy with the dressing. I add all the ingredients separately, vinegar first (just enough to moisten it) then the oil (a teaspoon at a time) and then the splash of lime. You know the saying you can always add more! Hope your party goes well!