PDA

View Full Version : Cookin' ham question...

Tonya
10-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Don't laugh. I'm not much of a Betty Crocker. I have a ham, one of those pre-cooked ones. It doesn't have any directions and I don't have time to watch it. What temp should I cook it at and for how long? Thanks!

Kiia
10-30-2004, 01:29 PM
For those kind I usually put it in pot with enough water to cover it, put the stove on medium heat and let it boil for about an hour or so.

On the packages out here they have a recipe on the back about putting it in the oven too. Sorry I don't have one in the fridge at the moment or else I could have shared.

If you do boil it though, you can then use that left over water after it's done cooking and make pea soup. :)

zaylagrey
10-30-2004, 02:06 PM
It depends on the size of ham. Usually I've cooked them at 325 in the oven and it takes a couple of hours to cook, but those are large half or whole ones. And then if it still seems a little cool in the center I slice what we're going to eat and microwave it for a few minutes. I've used those oven bags also and they turn out good with those as well.

boscibo
10-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I make precooked hams faily often, I put them in the oven at 325 for about 20-30 minutes per pound. All you're doing to a preecooked ham is heating it, so don't worry about eating raw ham. I put a little water in the bottom of the pan, and make a tin foil tent and put it on top the ham. I have cooked them longer and at a slightly higher heat (like when I'm baking scalloped potatoes to go with it), and it doesn't seem to matter.