PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Abby please...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Abby has had this limp since yesterday morning. She is kind of a baby sometimes, and sometimes when her foot falls asleep she makes a big deal out of it. We all thought she would walk it off, but when we woke up this morning she still had the limp, and cried when you touched it. :( :(

I'm so afraid, but my parents are SO stupid, and don't want to take her to a vet because A.) They don't want to pay a lot of money just for them to tell us its nothing. B.) They think she's fine.

I'm sitting here crying cuz there's nothing I can do for my poor baby. I just sat and screamed at my brother who said he was gonna take her for a walk. Apparently, "they decided" that they weren't going to take her in, because they think she just stubbed it or something.

I am so mad. I don't even know what to do, and I can't help but cry thinking that Abby is really in pain and no one in my family CARES! If I had a car, I would have taken her yesterday, I don't care how much it costs. But no, my STUPID parents don't care. I can't believe this.

Please pray for Abby and I, maybe I can talk some sense into these idiots.

Miranda_Rae
10-30-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Maybe you can say if she isn't better by such and such a time I want to take her in. Would that work? I know what you mean about parents thinking that nothing is wrong. :rolleyes: My parents are getting better at it. When I usually say that something is wrong with Heidi they will listen to me because i know a lot more about dogs than they do and they know that, so they usually listen to what i have to say. :) I am sorry that her foot hurts. Do you have any idea what could have happened to it? I don't really know what you could do to make her more comfortable, just make sure that she doesn't walk on it alot, and that your brother doesn't take her for a walk. Maybe someone else will have some better ideas. :) I hope your parents will let you take her to the vet soon. {{{HUGS}}} to you and Abby. :)

chrissycat21
10-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh no poor Abby! Is there a neighbor or someone who could give you a ride to the vet office? I'll keep my fingers crossed for Abby and there will be some paws crossed, too!

Glacier
10-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry Abby is hurting.

Do you have any Aspirin? Preferably buffered, the kind that is easier on your stomach and not extra strength. A regular strength aspirin or half an extra strength will help Abby's pain. DO NOT GIVE HER TYLENOL. That will only make things much worse. But aspirin is safe. I give it to my dogs fairly often. The brand I use is called Bufferin, but any brand will do.

Good luck.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
I'm sorry Abby is hurting.

Do you have any Aspirin? Preferably buffered, the kind that is easier on your stomach and not extra strength. A regular strength aspirin or half an extra strength will help Abby's pain. DO NOT GIVE HER TYLENOL. That will only make things much worse. But aspirin is safe. I give it to my dogs fairly often. The brand I use is called Bufferin, but any brand will do.

Good luck.

Asprin... We have Ibuprofen. Can I give her one of those? I want to help her so bad...

molucass
10-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Sending get well wishes to sweet Abby girl!

I hope its nothing serious and that her foot stops hurting soon.

I'm sorry your parents won't let you take her to the vet. :(

trayi52
10-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Sending prayers to your sweet Abby. I hope she gets to feeling better soon, Megan, and hoping your parents will finally let her go to the vet if she needs it.

Love,
Willie:)

tatsxxx11
10-30-2004, 03:06 PM
NO Ibuprofen! Just buffered aspirin. Can you get your hands on some? My Cody suffers from hip dysplasia and the occasional aspirin does wonders when she's especially bad. She jumped down off the truck the other day and yelped so loudly, could hardly walk to the door:( She could barely get down without wincing:( After an aspirin and night's rest, she was fine the next day. Check to make sure she doesn't have anything stuck in her paw, or a cut that might be hurting. Can you figure out just where the pain is coming from? Upper leg, hip, paw? She probably strained a muscle and with some rest, will be just fine. Keep her quiet and let her rest and if you can, give her that aspirin. But I know how frightened you must be. Hopefully if she's not better by the end of the weekend, your family will reconsider taking her in; I hope so. We'll all be praying for your dear Abby. Wish we could give you a ride to the vets! Get well soon Abby!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2004, 10:10 AM
We went to the store and bought some asprin. I was kind of leany on how to give it to her, I was gonna try wrapping it in cheese, but hey, father knows best and he got a fingerful of peanut butter and stuck the pill inside and she ate it without a hitch!

I was also wondering... just to be safe, what happens if she accidently chews the pill? LOL... I'm just being a paranoid mommy.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Poor Abby. :( I hope she feels better. Is she still limping today, Megan?

Molly used to limp from time to time, but we took her to the vet and he said that it was probably just a strain, since she's very active and LOVES to run, and that if it continued, we would bring her back in for x-rays. She never seemed to have any pain with it, though.. but Collies are known for their high pain tolerance..

I'm sorry your parents won't take her to the vet *now*, but I hope that if she's still limping, and seems to be in pain, your parents will take her to the vet.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Well she's doing better today. I gave her the asprin about an hour and a half ago, and just now I grabbed a donut and came upstairs and she ran ahead of me. :rolleyes: I think she'll be okay. She's putting more weight on it today.

tatsxxx11
10-31-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm so happy to hear the good news! No problem is she chews the aspirin, though it might taste a bit yucky:D Don't let her over do it yet...you know how pups can be:D Hugs to you Abby!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I'm so happy to hear the good news! No problem is she chews the aspirin, though it might taste a bit yucky:D Don't let her over do it yet...you know how pups can be:D Hugs to you Abby!!!

How often can she take them? If I notice she's in pain again, can I give her another one in a few hours?

tatsxxx11
10-31-2004, 01:01 PM
When did you give her the last one? I wouldn't give more than 1 every 12 hrs. And only that frequently for a couple of days. If she's still in that much discomfort after tonight, I do think it would be best to have her checked out; I know, that might be difficult:( Do you think if you called your vet tomorrow, he/she would give you some advice re: how much is ok? That would be the best thing to do. Most dogs I know that are on it regularly, take one daily, though this is an acute case. Still, I think you'd feel more comfortable if you could call the vet for the ok.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
When did you give her the last one? I wouldn't give more than 1 every 12 hrs. And only that frequently for a couple of days. If she's still in that much discomfort after tonight, I do think it would be best to have her checked out; I know, that might be difficult:( Do you think if you called your vet tomorrow, he/she would give you some advice re: how much is ok? That would be the best thing to do. Most dogs I know that are on it regularly, take one daily, though this is an acute case. Still, I think you'd feel more comfortable if you could call the vet for the ok.

Oh gosh... Sandra! She is great now. :) I even took a few pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mackinblack/Mvc-009s.jpg

This is an okay foot!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mackinblack/Mvc-014s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mackinblack/Mvc-005s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mackinblack/41df0d48.jpg

I wanted her to jump and get this one... :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mackinblack/c2d2ddb9.jpg

That's all! :D I was just wondering! She is doing really well now.

dukedogsmom
10-31-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm so glad she's feeling a lot better. I know how worried you were. I'll be glad to hear what the vet says about Duke tomorrow. Glad she's happy and playing again.

trayi52
10-31-2004, 07:38 PM
So happy to see Abby feeling so much better today. Wonderful pictures, shows how much better she is feeling!

Willie:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
:) Abby and I thank you all for the kind wishes. :)

Corinna
11-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Glad asprin worked sounds like she has arthrites. Neighbor gives 1/ 81 grain tab a day and the girls are acting like kids.

pitc9
11-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Glad to hear the good news!!!!

4 Dog Mother
11-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Glad to hear that Abby is feeling better! Jack loves the pictures of her. Says you could always post more!

tatsxxx11
11-02-2004, 08:37 AM
WOO HOO!!!:D:D:D Sorry I didn't see this yesterday! Abby, you're amazing! Good job, sweetheart. Your Mom and me and so many others were so worried about you! Looks like you've had one amazing recovery:) It's so great to see you back to your happy, healthy self, sweet Abby girl! Love and hugs and slurpies to you Abby! Sandra, Cody and Star:)

ramanth
11-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Glad to hear she's feeling better! :D

Samantha Puppy
11-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Glad she's feeling so much better! I wish I were closer, I would have loved to help you out. :(

Hugs and kissies to Abby.