PDA

View Full Version : Dog on the Highway

Aspen and Misty
10-30-2004, 08:27 AM
While on our way down to South Carolina to rescue a bird and a pregnent cat, we passed a large beagle dog on the side of the highway. The poor thing looked scared to death. My dad turned around and we headed back, but once we got there we released the dog was now on the median! So we got out of the van and started calling and yelling with treats in our hands trying to coax the terrified pup to us. No luck. The poor thing was to scared, and it was so dark I could no longer see the dog. So I'm walking, barefoot, in the median of the highway, yelling "Here puppy. Good Puppy, what a good puppy." In my high pitch really exited, only do for Nova when no one is around voice calling a dog that I have no idea where it is! The dog crossed back over to the side of the highway and I followed it. It ran down this 4-wheeler road and I kept on it's trail. Now I'm covered in mudd, my feet are frozen, I think I stepped in some dog poop and I'm yelling in my high pitch really exited, only do for Nova when no one is around voice "Stop. Come here. Stop. Good Dog, come here. No, come, good dog." Sadly the dog disapeared into some brush. I tryed to follow it but I couldn't find it. I layed a nice pile of dog treats on the 4 wheeler path and I hope that poor dog stays away from the highway. It's so sad that SC is so over populated. I always see at least 4 skinny, muddy,scared dogs when I come down here and I can't even count the number of skinny cats I see sitting in parking lots drinking out of puddles! I feel so bad, I wish there was more I could do for them.

Ash

Laura's Babies
10-30-2004, 10:13 AM
You gave it your best shot so don't feel bad. At least it had a pile of treats to eat that it wouldn't have otherwise had.