PDA

View Full Version : I lost my job at Mazda...

moosmom
10-30-2004, 07:12 AM
It's now 8:14 a.m. and I'm home (obviously). I went in today as usual (It's Saturday and it was mandatory). I was driving my second car of the day through receiving and swiped the yellow pole. :eek: :(:(

No one saw me, so I didn't have to say anything. I could've just said nothing till they noticed it, making the money I needed. But, being the honest person that I am, I got out and told them. I had to write up a report and punch out. Since I'm a temporary there, I will be told not to come back, probably on Monday since Kelly Services is closed for the weekend! At least that's how I've been told it works.

What am I gonna do?? I kept thinking all the way home, "Do I just pack up my cats and start driving to CT, leaving all this behind me???" No, because I have no money, a quarter of a tank of gas, an apartment I can now not afford and I'm so upset I'm not thinking straight. My check next week won't cover my expenses. Do I take it and run back to CT, hoping I find a job at a Kelly Services there??? Where will I go with all my cats??? :confused: :confused:

I'm taking a Tylenol PM and going to bed. :(:(:(

Pam
10-30-2004, 07:22 AM
Donna this is just terrible. You have certainly had your share of unpleasant employment experiences. I have no advice for you but just a few (((hugs))). Hope you feel a little better after you wake up from your Tylenol PM. I have taken them now and then and they do at least let you get some rest when you need it most.

davidpizzica
10-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Donna, this is terrible news! One thing I admire you for is your honesty. Right now you are just going through the shock of losing your job. Right now, rest, take those Tylenol pms, and after you get some rest your head will be clearer and you can think of your next move. And if you need a shoulder to cry on, mine is big enough! Please PM me!!!

KYS
10-30-2004, 09:24 AM
I also admire honesty.
(((HUGS)))

Cookiebaker
10-30-2004, 09:32 AM
{{hugs}} to you Donna. I also appreciate your honesty, and it's too bad that they don't.

Is there a supervisor you could go talk straight to. Explain your side of the incident, and maybe get them to listen??

It sounds like you are going through some rough times, and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Laura's Babies
10-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Place it in God's hands and he will take care of you and your babies. You WILL survive so place it in His hands and relax. He will lead you to where He wants you to be! I believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason, it is in His plan, it just takes us awhile to figure out what He had on His mind when something stressful happens. Turn it over to Him and ask Him to lead you to where He wants you to be.

I personally think He has a better job in mind for you. Hang in there!!

dukedogsmom
10-30-2004, 10:07 AM
You're like me, I would have said something also. This might be a mixed blessing, you'll see later. Wasn't that the place where the men were so horrible? I think that was you that was talking about the cat haters and such. I would stick around for a bit and just see if Kelly services could get you another job somewhere else. I hope it works out alright for you. Hug your kitties. They'll make you feel better.

Tonya
10-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Place it in God's hands and he will take care of you and your babies. You WILL survive so place it in His hands and relax. He will lead you to where He wants you to be! I believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason, it is in His plan, it just takes us awhile to figure out what He had on His mind when something stressful happens. Turn it over to Him and ask Him to lead you to where He wants you to be.

I personally think He has a better job in mind for you. Hang in there!!

Exactly!

I am so sorry about the added stress. But I to believe that God has big plans for you. Sometimes things happen to us that we think are bad, but they wind up being part of a big plan. Everything will turn out ok in the long run. ((((hugs))))

sirrahbed
10-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Donna - I would like to echo Laura's comments and give you a (((((HUG)))). You did the right thing and better times ARE ahead. Wait and see. I certainly admire your honesty. I hope you get the rest you need.

jazzcat
10-30-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry Donna. (((HUGS)))

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2004, 11:58 AM
:(

Sorry bout that, Donna :(

But try thinking positive - that haven't let you go yet! ;)

And you're certainly not the first, nor the last,
car handler to *bend* one!

I've got friends who work at GM/Lordstown - and they tell Tails of
many cars not making it onto a railroad car or transporter with
ALL the paint intact!

The Anchor drivers :eek: *dump* one off the high level of the
transporters every so often.

Worst "Awww, NUTZ!" one I saw was an Anchor driver who made a wrong turn
and tried to drive under a bridge that was about a foot LOWER than
the height of his TOP level rack of cars...
He made *four* "convertibles" in a heart beat!

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm so sorry Donna.
The out come may surprise you though. Think how bad it would be if they found out from, say a security camera or other source, and you didn't mention it. There are camera's recording everything these days. Just think of what you can use on your next job application: I was fired for being honest!

God has a plan for you and will turn this out for the best!
(((BIG HUGS)))

carole
10-30-2004, 02:12 PM
They say Honesty is the best policy, and even though you might not think so right now, you did the right thing Donna, you can hold your head up high, I know that does not help pay the bills, and for that I am truely sorry to hear your predicament, you have indeed had a rough time with jobs, but like the others said, I think there is something better for you ahead.

You never know, they might still keep you on, everyone makes mistakes, and even if it is policy, they might make an exception, if not I can only wish you all the best for finding future employment, and sweetie there is alway light at the end of the tunnel, it just does not seem like it right now.

Do take David's advice and give him a bell, and use that big shoulder of his, he is there for ya.:)

Cheer up sweetie, sending positive vibes your way for a better outcome.

P.S Donna , i bet you are feeling like I did, your'e whole world is coming down crashing around you,I came here and got the courage I needed to continue and move on, I hope we can do the same for you.

trayi52
10-30-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm so sorry Donna, I hope things get better for you soon.

Willie

NoahsMommy
10-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Donna,

I'm so sorry they couldn't see your honesty as a good asset of a good employee. :(

Like the others said, it'll work out. I know you feel hopeless but something will work out.

I'll be praying for you, sweetie. He knows what we need, however hard and annoying it can be to get there, He knows.

Love,
Kelly

moosmom
10-30-2004, 09:46 PM
You guys are so great! I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

I took a 4 hour nap, got up at 1:30 pm and just sat around figuring out my options. There isn't a THING I can do about it until Monday since Kelly Services is closed. So I might as well just start making a list of what I need to do.

On a LIGHTER note...a former tenant of my landlord's is looking for a roommate. She stopped by and we sat and talked for 2 hours. When she was telling me her woes about how she gave up a great job and moved to Minnesota to be with her boyfriend, I was flabbergasted!! She and I did the same thing (only for different reasons). She is a sweet woman in her 30's who needs a place to live. I'd be able to keep my cats and my rent will be half what it is now. At least it's something to think about. We're going to sit down with the landlord in the next couple of days and see what we can do.

I figure first thing Monday morning I'll call Kelly Services and see what the verdict is, although in my heart I'm expecting the worst. If I DO get let go from Mazda, I'll see if Kelly has anything else for me. If not, it's back to MARVIN (Michigan Unemployment)

Now, here's the thing...

The pros to going back to CT is that I'd be closer to my friends and daughter. The CONS are, I'd have to rehome my cats because no landlord in his right MIND would rent to a person with 7 cats (LilEli would have to go live with Kimmy, Zam, Logan and Kia). My cats have been there for me through thick and thin and I'd be heartbroken to lose them. I'd also have to leave behind all of my belongings because I can't afford to rent a truck.

The pros to staying in MI is that I'd be able to keep my cats, get a great roommate who I get along with well, maybe I can find a better job through Kelly.

So you guys may be right. Maybe this DID happen for a reason. I have no CHOICE but to leave it in God's hands.

Maybe Elayna and I ARE meant to be roommates. We'd have each other to lean on while helping each other out with the living expenses. Besides, it beats finding a roomie out of the newspaper (Ever see the movie Single White Female??? :eek: )

My mind right now is on overload from all this rationalizing. When I first got home, I felt like a 51 year old unemployed loser. But I do know one thing, I'm certainly not a quitter.

Thanks for being there for me everyone. It means alot to me.

Love you guys!

Miss Meow
10-30-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry about your job. I really hope they can see that it was an accident and you won't lose your job because of your honesty.

I hope some good luck starts coming your way :)

Dogz
10-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Oh no, I am sorry to hear about your job, moosmom. :( Some good thoughts are coming your way.

I hope that everything turns out to be the best for you. Keep us posted.

karyn674
10-31-2004, 12:39 AM
Just want to share my work experiaces with you.

I have always given my full energy in every job I did cos i believe that if I have to spent TIME doing something I'd rather enjoy it, but have been always disappointed. Many times I've been made redundent or put on part time bases when I could not afford to, especially with the house loan I had.

The last company I worked for in the last 6 years of my life was for a retail shop of carpets and textiles, where I was the receptionist, Secretary, customor care, and eventually also managed orders and importaion including shipping and tracking of containers till they arrive to our shores. I gave my full energy studied to achieve two A-levels in English language & Italian and started studying Spanish since our major importing country was Spain. (mind you was not sponsored but paid all myself!) In these years I had a course in make up and in weekends worked with my sister in theater, weddings, tv programs and commercials for and extra buck. So I practically worked 7 days a week.

Saved the Company loads of money cos i had built such a good relation with suppliers and revised terms of payments and shippment.
Last Febuary my bosses who are a married couple started to have a lot of trouble between them and I couldn't stand the pressure any longer...........Make up was going strong and I quitted the job gave hack about the Co. and all and now I'm a full time make up artist who meets loads of people including Brad Pitt, Juliet Stevenson & Daniel Stern, those are the famous, and loads of other nice people that are not as known as the above.
This is just to show you that things can only better, gust give your best, it alwasy turns to be better. :)

shais_mom
10-31-2004, 12:48 AM
OH Donna I am so sorry to hear this!
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for whatever God has in store for you and your kitties....

{{HUGS to you from Staci, Keegan and Kloe}}

karyn674
10-31-2004, 04:14 AM
Ok so I just received this joke calle Boss' ego, that might put a smile on your face:)

Here it goes:

Noticing that her boss's fly was open, the embarrassed secretary told him,

"Your garage door is open."
The bewildered exec. didn't know what she meant until she pointed down.
He quickly zipped up and said, "I hope you didn't see my super deluxe Ferrari?"
"Nope." she replied. "Just an old pink Volkswagen with 2 flat tyres!!"

EssTer
10-31-2004, 05:02 AM
Oh no.. it´s awful to hear it.. I´m really sorry :(
I´ll be praying for you....

moosmom
10-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Just when I thought everything was kind of looking up, I talked to my landlord a few minutes ago. :(

He told me that I'd probably have to "get rid" of some of my cats because he said he didn't think Elayna would "put up" with it for very long!!! :(:( Now everytime I look at my cats, all I do is cry!! :(:(:( How can I make a choice who stays and who goes?? If I had known I'd be in this kind of dilemma, I never would've taken in so many. But I love them all so much and they've been there for me! I tried looking up American Curl and Munchkin rescue organizations on the internet. The Chairman of the American Curl rescue group is the breeder I originally got Carly from!!

I keep telling myself to wait till tomorrow and talk to Kelly Services. I told my landlord that I can't think about that right now, I have to think about finding employment so I can pay the rent.

I feel like I'm in a no win situation here. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I'm pacing around my apartment trying to figure out what to do.

Denyce
10-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok. I am confused. Shouldn't it be up to Elayna whether or not she can "put up" with the cats? I would talk to her again before taking his word for it.

Karen
10-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Donna, today, rest and find some calm. No good is going to come about by being worried. Snuggle each kitty, let him or her know how much you love them. Today is Sunday. Tomorrow can wait. And in fact, you'll do better speaking both to Kelly and any other prospective job sources if you are well-rested and alert, right?

So my prescription for today? Peruse the Sunday paper for pleasure as well as job ads. Fix yourslef a good cup of tea, cocoa, whatever you want. Relax, pet some kitties.

Do not think about getting rid of a single one until you have spoken with Elayna. for all you know, she's a the-more-kitties-the-better person, too!

Take a deep breath.

Okay, let it out.

You are loved. You will again be employed. Life goes on.

popcornbird
10-31-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh Donna...I'm so sorry to hear that. :( What an awful situation. I too, admire you for your honesty. I'm with everyone else...leave it up to God. God provides for everyone, and He'll get you through. Sometimes bad things happen, and we feel its the end of the world, but in reality, there's is some good on the other side, waiting for us, that we can't see. Hang in there.

davidpizzica
10-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Donna, honey if I were you I would heed Karen's advice. There is no use getting yourself all agitated right now. Also talk to Aleyna directly about your precious kitties. Who knows? She might turn out to be a cat person, too! Will you call me tonight after 9:00 tonight? I'll be bowling in the evening. Donna, I love you with ALL my heart, no matter what!:) :)

K9soul
10-31-2004, 01:12 PM
How stressful for you, and what a rough time you have been having lately. Please try to keep in mind though the old adage that it's always darkest before the light. I know that for me some of my best life-changing moments occurred after a very dark time.

One of my favorite songs to listen to for inspiration when everything is going wrong is "Things Can Only Get Better" by Howard Jones. The refrain:

And do you feel scared - I do
But I won't stop and falter
And if we threw it all away
Things can only get better

I hope you find some answers and can find that light at the end of the tunnel soon. I think Karen has given you some wonderful advice as well. You'll be in my prayers.

ramanth
10-31-2004, 01:13 PM
*HUGS*

moosmom
10-31-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm still a wreck :( but dealing with it the best I can. I talked to my childhood friend a little while ago and she has offered me a very large room (it was her son's before he moved out) in the basement of her home. The only side to that is, the only 2 cats I'd be able to have with me are MooShoo and Mollie Rose. The others will have to be farmed out and homes found. If I absolutely HAVE to do that, I'd rather wait till I got to CT and confer with my rescue friends. I know they'll do their best to find each of them good homes.

As far as Elayna is concerned, it's sort of a moot issue considering I really am not happy in Michigan. I suppose she could room with me and split the rent till I DO leave. But I'd hate to stick her with the other half.

Some of my things my friend Patti from BB&B is going to buy (her son is, actually). That'll give me SOME money. The rest of the stuff I'm hoping my landlord will offer to buy and rent this place out as furnished. He could make far more money than $550/month. It would give me enough to get to CT.

See? My mind is just spinning. I know something good will come out of this. Like Karen said, one day at a time.

I'll call ya after 9 pm David. I'll try not to cry. I don't think I have any tears left in me anyway.

Thank you everyone for all your support. You mean alot to me!

carole
10-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Dearest Donna, please don't make any rash decisions right now, you are stressed and it is easy to make the wrong choice when we are feeling that way.

The Donna I have grown to care about, respect and admire would have great difficulty parting with even one of her cats, it might seem the only sensible and logical thing you can do right now, but I think in your heart deep down, you know you would have a terrible time dealing with it all.

I have seen your love and compassion for animals you have hardly even had the time to know, and how strongly you feel for them and have tryed so much to help them in any way you possibly can.

Please think long and hard about it all, I believe somewhere there is a job and a place just purrfect for you and your kitties.

You poor girl, your'e a fighter our Donna,and as bleak as it all seems right now, I hope with all my heart something great will come out of all this.

Just talking with David will help you tremendously, you have a great friend there, who is a ton of support and cares for you so much.

Take care sweetie and giant HUGS.

NoahsMommy
10-31-2004, 09:27 PM
You poor thing. I've been thinking about you since I read your post last night.

Things will get better, eventually. Helpful...huh? ;) But they will and there will be a light at the end of this tunnel.

I wouldn't think a slight ding and your honesty would make them fire you. I can see if it were something huge and you hid it, but that didn't happen. Its only a few hours now before you can talk with Kelly Services and if Mazda does fire you, I'm sure Kelly Services will have something else...the holidays are coming, so there should at least be some jobs opening.

As for the kitties. I've often worried what I'd do if something happened and I had to move. You need to do whats best for you, don't let anyone make you feel bad for your decisions, only you know what's best for you and those furkids.

Let us know how things go tomorrow.

Love, Kelly :)

kimlovescats
10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
((((HUGS)))) to you Donna. Try not to jump to conclusions too quickly .... and remember, "when God closes a door, look for a window!" He always has another path for you to follow, according to His will!;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that you may be losing your job.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

Corinna
11-01-2004, 05:49 PM
What happened to day ? Are you still emplyeed?

slick
11-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
What happened to day ? Are you still emplyeed?
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=62861
:( :(