PDA

View Full Version : I'll Soon Be One of You!!

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 09:45 PM
That's right, I'm getting a cat! I am so excited. I wanted to wait until I at least got pics but I'm too excited to wait. If things work out alright, I'll be getting a 3 year old Seal Point Siamese. One of my coworkers has an elderly neighbor that has had to sell her house and can't keep the kitty. I don't know any more than that right now. I'm going to see if I can go see her on Monday and I'll get pics then. Since I'm going on vacation, the guy and his wife from work will take care of her until I get back. I don't even know her name. Also, if I don't like it, I may change it. Do you think she would accept a new name? I had a Siamese growing up and her name was Pooh Ling. if any of you can think of some good and unique names, feel free to put them here. I can't wait to fall asleep to a purring kitty and a snoring dog!

rosethecopycat
10-29-2004, 10:06 PM
OOOH a Meezer.

One of my favorite names, I used on a foster Meezer.

Zazu!

Sort of neuter gender too.

Is your kitty a boy or a girl?

Can't wait to see pix!

:)

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 10:16 PM
She's a girl. I can't wait, either! Now I almost wish I wasn't going on vacation. I love that name!

QueenScoopalot
10-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Ditto on the Can't wait to see! A PURRFECT name will eventually hit you if all goes well. But one suggestion....for a week or so, use the old name, and the new, and gradually drop the old. ;) I trapped two feral beauties a while back, both polydactyl snowshoe Siamese crosses. Their brother, a tuxedo was a sweetie from day one, but "Suki", and "Suzette" were nasty lil' things! Small world we live in though. My friend Pat was in my car last week, and saw the picture of the meezer pair, and asked who they were. Turned out Pat's friend had adopted them, and had shown Pat pics just a few days before! Still a hissy pair, but Pat says her friend is in love! :D

wolf_Q
10-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see what she looks like! :D Has Duke ever been around cats?

catfancier
10-30-2004, 12:12 AM
I have some name suggestions:
Ra
Bast
Pasha
(Egyptian in origin, so maybe not so appropriate, but I think they're cool names for a cat). Actually Pasha and Ra were a couple of abyssinians who stayed at the cattery I worked at. Beautiful and lovely cats.

cloverfdx
10-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Oh wow congratulations :D. I am very jealous ;), i cannot wait to "Meet" your little girl.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
I am sure you will fall in love as soon as you lay eyes on your new precious girl! I am so excited for you and your family. I wish you luck and am expecting to see pictures ASAP :D ;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2004, 02:09 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D Congrats on your new kitty Val!!!:D

I can't wait to see her pictures. A new name will probably come to you after you meet her.:)

guster girl
10-30-2004, 02:42 AM
I think Harp would be a cool name, because she's a seal point. :) Congratulations, by the way! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

catmandu
10-30-2004, 08:36 AM
The Fopund cAts,hope that you choose an older Cat,one that is used to Dogs,and that he,or she,is the Cat,that you were looking,for!

Laura's Babies
10-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Can't wait and it is great of you to take her in. Now that poor lady can rest assured her kitty has a good home. Hope you will send her pictures of her kitty from time to time.

catnapper
10-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Doing a happy dance! I knew you wanted a cat so bad! I'm thrilled for you!

flamepony12
10-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Yay! :D Congratulations! :D Can't wait for the pictures!! :D

trayi52
10-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Congratulations, Val! I think I'll do that happy dance with Kim! I know it will be getting a great home with you.

Just wait about naming her until you get her home and it should come to you then. Hey, I can't wait to see pictures of your girl!

Willie:D

Miranda_Rae
10-30-2004, 10:39 AM
OH, i envy you! Not fair! :p I want one. :) Congradulations! :D

jazzcat
10-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Congrats Val!! That is wonderful that you are going to help out an older kitty. Can't wait to see pictures.

Freckles
10-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Remember, her current name might suit her. That's the way it was with my Freckles. :) (she has freckles on her nose) I had no reason to change it.

catfamily
10-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm so happy for you.Cats are the best.:D ;) :D

lisalee
10-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Congratulations!! She sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see her pics! :)

dukedogsmom
10-30-2004, 05:04 PM
I found out her name is Susie. I don't think I'm going to keep it. I really like Pasha but I think I'll wait until I see her. I got the people at work to give the woman my number so I hope she calls me. I want to see her Monday. If I do, I'll be sure to get pics.

Killearn Kitties
10-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Ooooooh how exciting!! I'm so happy for you.

Can't wait to see your new kitty. :D

prechrswife
10-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Good news! Congratulations!:D

K & L
10-30-2004, 06:33 PM
That is so exciting....can't wait for the pictures!

Uabassoon
10-30-2004, 07:09 PM
That's exciting news. I used to have a seal point siamese named Zasper.

Logan
10-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Valerie, I know you have been doing some "cat dreaming" for some time now, so I am delighted that you can make that dream a reality now! Hope Duke will share your enthusiasm! I am NOT worried about a "meezer" holding her own with him if she needs to, though. Butter taught a few lessons when he arrived on the scene, and nobody (including us) messes with him anymore! LOL!!! :D

Cats and Dogs are a great mixture, or at least that's the way I have experienced it. I have four gentle souls in my dogs who all adhere to the "feline rules" of this house, set forth by Mimi and Butter! LOL!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

Logan

Felicia's Mom
10-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Congrats on your new kitty.:D

shais_mom
10-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Congratulations Val!
How exciting!!!
:) Can't wait to see pics!!

dukedogsmom
10-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, I won't be getting her. The neighbor got rid of her a few days ago and didn't tell my coworkers :mad: So, I'm kind of angry about that. However, I'll feel better going to the SPCA and getting one there, anyway. I may go to the Humane Society tomorrow and just look and see what they have. They're a lot smaller but it's near the vets where I have to drop off Duke for tests. I'll feel much better adopting one from the Humane Society or the SPCA, since they have been homeless. Plus, I can take Duke and make sure it'll be one to get along with dogs.

Killearn Kitties
10-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Sadly there are always loads of pets looking for homes. You'll find a cat that will fit into your home.

trayi52
10-31-2004, 12:09 PM
Good luck, Val, I know you will find the right one that's just been waiting for you!

Willie:)

dukedogsmom
10-31-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys. Here's two kitties I'm very interested in. Haven't gotten to see them yet but will probably go on Thursday. They're closed tomorrow.
This is Elvis. I really want him.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/Elvis.jpg
And this is Salem, who reminds me of one of my brother's cats from a few years ago.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/Salem.jpg
I'm really looking for an orange one, so maybe Elvis will be good. If not, I won't give up. Maybe the cat will pick me!

kimlovescats
10-31-2004, 07:26 PM
How exciting! I had a siamese as a child, her name was Ginger!;)

Oops, just saw that you didn't get that one. Well, I am thrilled that you are going to rescue a pound kitty... and whatever color / breed it is, it will be one lucky cat!;)

NoahsMommy
10-31-2004, 08:08 PM
hee hee, I like the title of this thread. :)

How exciting you'll be getting a kitty. Whomever you choose or whomever chooses you, I can't wait to see pictures.

I love Elvis...he looks perfect, but I'm partial to the orangies. ;)

Congrats and a wonderful decision!

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you won't be getting Susie but I'm glad to hear that you now want to adopt one from the SPCA. I love orange cats too and Elvis looks like such a cutie pie. Good luck and please keep us updated.:)

Killearn Kitties
11-01-2004, 03:11 PM
They're both beautiful! I can hardly wait until Thursday.

jazzcat
11-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Elvis is handsome, I hope he and Duke like each other. The other kitty is adorable too.

Who knows maybe a different one will pick you and Duke. I can't wait to hear about it and welcome our new PT kitty!

caseysmom
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
I went to the local animal shelter last week to pay for caseys license and I tortured myself and walked through. This one kitty was grabbing at me he really pulled at my heartstring, I think when you get there the kitty will pick you.

asterix
11-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Getting a new cat/kitten is always so exciting :p :D

dukedogsmom
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
I think the cat is picking me! Tenative plans are in the works for me to adopt moosmom's Doogie while I'm in Ohio visiting Anna_66 and Robilee. I'm getting so excited about it all. I hope everything works out for the best. Please pray that ol Duke accepts him without too much incident. I just can't believe I'm finally getting a cat. I'm so happy :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Congratulations! I sure it all works out so you get Doogie. I know that would really help Donna out too. Good luck! :D

Fox-Gal
11-02-2004, 04:43 PM
I just saw this. Val, I'm so happy your getting a cat and it looks like things are working out for both of you. It's just great news all around, for you, moosmom and Doogie.

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2004, 11:24 PM
This is wonderful news.:D Doogie has always been one of my favorites of Donna's cats and he's also an orangie with white so you'll be getting what you wanted too.:) I'm sure he'll fit right in.:D

moosmom
11-03-2004, 07:24 AM
This is working out SO well!!!! I know that Doogie is gonna be real happy living in Fla., with Val and Duke. He's already got his Speedo, shades and sunblock packed!! :D

I'm confident that he and Duke will get along, as Doogie is a very laid back, mellow cat. When he first came to my house, Moo, who had to show Doogie who was the Alpha male in the house, pinned Doogie to the floor. Doogie got up as if to say, "Okay man, everything's cool!" They've been best buds ever since.

Check your email, Val. I sent you a better picture of Doogie.

catnapper
11-03-2004, 07:44 AM
YAY!!!! Doogie and Duke... the names fit so well together. It was meant to be! Congraulations! Once again, PT prooves to be a wonderful place!

dukedogsmom
11-03-2004, 07:52 AM
He is so gorgeous!! I never dreamed he would be so pretty. I'll have to make a sig soon. Or maybe Kay can do one for me :)

cloverfdx
11-03-2004, 08:09 AM
I am sorry Susie did not work out Val. But adopting a PT kitty how exciting, Doogie is adorable i hope he and Duke get along well. Cant wait to hear the news.

:D

Killearn Kitties
11-03-2004, 02:23 PM
You're getting Doogie??! Great news! I hope he fits in. You're going to Ohio to meet other pet talkers? How exciting!

Kater
11-03-2004, 03:28 PM
This is so exciting, Valerie! I'm so happy for Doogie, Donna and YOU! :D

moosmom
11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Things are are finally falling into place! I'm heading to CT for a week on the 11th to do some job hunting. Since I have to pass through Ohio to get there, I'm bringing Doogie along with me and meeting up with Anna, RobiLee, Valerie and good ole Duke!!! :D:D:D

Here's our boy!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pe8adb372c6ccc1ab6e5a9ce22082133b/f662c852.jpg

Kater
11-03-2004, 07:21 PM
What a handsome orangie!!! :D :D :D Look at those gorgeous amber eyes! :eek:
I'm so glad Doogie will be rehomed with such a great PTer!

manda_moo87
11-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Ooohhhhh... he's such a handsome boy! :)