PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone

casey
10-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Ken invited me to join. I too have wolfdogs - 4 of them - 1 male - Cy (real name Cyrus) who is a high-mid to low-high content (between 65% & 85%) who is between 5 & 7 yrs old now. Violently abused (according to x-rays) before he came here. He joined Sissy a low content - mostly German Shepherd/husky & wolf cross. Then came Thor, the spoiled brat of the pack- he was to go to CO, but the night before transport the adopter backed out and he is 6 mos old. He stayed. Apella was the last one and he is huge and only 7 1/2 mos old.

Attaching a picture of 3 of them. Never have caught all 4 at the same time.

micki76
10-29-2004, 09:58 PM
LOL! That picture is awesome!

Welcome to Pet Talk! :D

rosethecopycat
10-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Singing!:eek:

Welcome to PT.

Cookiebaker
10-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Welcome to Pettalk!

And I agree with Micki -- that picture is awesome!!! :) I can't wait to hear more about your dogs.

My name is Anna and I have 2 labs, Malone & Emerson; and a cat, Marigold.

Karen
10-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Welcome to you and your singing doggies! Are they all tenors? ;)

flamepony12
10-29-2004, 10:15 PM
wow! a perfect pic! :D welcome to Pet Talk! :D

davidpizzica
10-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi, Casey! Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm david p and I live In Pittsburgh, Pa. I have two cats that own me, Nikki, a tuxedo kitty, and Daisy(who is curled up beside me giving herself a bath) a tortoisrshell kitty. I love that picture, do you have a tenor, bass, and baritone??

casey
10-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
wow! a perfect pic! :D welcome to Pet Talk! :D

but the female's voice is much lower than any of the males. Once she starts, she won't quit. The males usually end up walking out on her still trying to sing. It really is sad, she can't sing nearly as well as they can but she sure tries.

casey
10-29-2004, 10:46 PM
David, love your pics - wish I could have a cat around, but alas, Sis was so scared of the 1st one in the yard. I ran it off - as they love to do their business in my flower beds, she saw it run and the chase was on. That was a dumb move on my part but the damage was done. Now, no cats come near my yard - thank heaven as with the 4 of them - they wouldn't stand a chance.

anna_66
10-29-2004, 11:00 PM
WOW! Love the picture of them singing! I can't wait to hear all about them:D

My name is Anna and I'm owned by Roxey (husky), Huney (chow) and our newest addition Bon (english mastiff).

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-29-2004, 11:09 PM
your dogs are beautiful! thanks for sharing and Welccome to PT:D I hope you enjoy it here, I am owned by Echo (Rottweiler), Tia (mini Dachshund) and Tango (Toller/Border Collie mix). All can be seen in my sig below.

rizzy
10-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Welcome to PT Casey!! I also cant wait to hear all about your wolf dogs, which I am very interested in. My name is Rachel and I have one dog named Sally. Oh and AWESOME picture!!!

zaylagrey
10-30-2004, 02:14 AM
:D Welcome Casey. Your wolfdogs are beautiful. Very cool.

davidpizzica
10-30-2004, 04:05 AM
Casey, My two kitties are both rescue kitties. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. Both of them went through abuse and they both needed a good home. I'm also a believer in adopting older cats because alot of the time these guys are
overlooked in favor of kittens. Believe me the older ones need homes, too!

casey
10-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by david p
Casey, My two kitties are both rescue kitties. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. Both of them went through abuse and they both needed a good home. I'm also a believer in adopting older cats because alot of the time these guys are
overlooked in favor of kittens. Believe me the older ones need homes, too!

The older rescues may have a bit of "baggage" but when they learn that you won't abuse them, they have so much pent up love to give it is almost overwhelming. Frankly, I prefer the older ones myself also.

davidpizzica
10-30-2004, 08:01 AM
That's how it was with Nikki. Her former "owner" (a term I use loosely) never took care of her, when Cat Sense took her in, her fur was all matted, she was overweight because her owner just kept feeding her to keep her out of the way. Nikki was given up because her owner became pregnant and didn't want her anymore. She became so shy of people that Cat Sense ad a hard time finding a home for her. I was looking for a kitty and went to Petco where Cat Sense was having an adoption day. The girl there said, "Do you want to hold Nikki?" I was just going to hold her for a few minutes, but it wound up being three hours! She chose me and I adopted her!

KYS
10-30-2004, 09:22 AM
A warm welcome to Pet Talk. :)

sammy101
10-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Welcome to PetTalk! your pups are gorgeous,but i dont know much about Wolfdogs,well actually i havent heard of them unitl WRR came on here.

I am owned by one dog and a cat
Kodie is 15 months old,not really sure what he is, but probly a Lab/Rottweiler/hound mix!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/KodieProject005.jpg

casey
10-30-2004, 10:00 AM
bet he loves you as much as you love him - and that shows in your post. How old is he - or do you have any idea?

sammy101
10-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by casey
... How old is he - or do you have any idea?

1 1/2 years old,he still has to fill out more.:p

Fox-Gal
10-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Welcome to PT :)

Love the picture of your babies. lol That's what it looks like around here when my husband starts his super bike. :rolleyes:

I'm owned by 6 dogs, 10 cats and 1 stray hopefuuly, if I ever get him to trust me, 4 rabbits (5 maybe soon), 2 Iguanas, lots of fish, ducks, goose, goats and chickens. Yes, I know I'm nuts, but I love life around me.

I do hope you stay around and enjoy PT.

cookieluver7
11-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Welcome to pt! It is great to have you here!