PDA

View Full Version : The Kurby Fund

moosmom
10-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I'd like to be the first to pledge $20 towards Kurby's surgery and possible new life. I know it's not alot.

Anyone else care to help out?

K&L,

Don't forget to let us know the name and address of the vet hospital, okay?

Here's to Kurby. :) :)

kuhio98
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Count me in.

Grace
10-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Me too.

K & L
10-29-2004, 05:03 PM
You guys this is too wonderful! I've never done anything like this before so not quite sure how it works. We will give the vets a call and see what would work best for them, and let you know. Surgery will probably be scheduled for sometime next week. And on a VERY positive note, we have Kurby in a large dog kennel in the spare bathroom with food, litter, water, etc. Kevin went in there this morning to change litter and replenish food/water and Kurby started hissing. Kevin said when he reached in for the litter Kurby let him pet him and even purred! This guy has got to be given a chance. I'm going to see how he will react to me later this evening. We just got back from a funeral and have to go over the friends house here in just a few minutes. I will get back to all of you after talking with the vet. We can't thank you enough!:)

kimlovescats
10-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Count me in too ... just post the information on where to send / call on this thread if you will! Oh Lisa ... Kurby WANTS to be a people cat!!!:)

QueenScoopalot
10-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by K & L
You guys this is too wonderful! I've never done anything like this before so not quite sure how it works. We will give the vets a call and see what would work best for them, and let you know. Surgery will probably be scheduled for sometime next week. And on a VERY positive note, we have Kurby in a large dog kennel in the spare bathroom with food, litter, water, etc. Kevin went in there this morning to change litter and replenish food/water and Kurby started hissing. Kevin said when he reached in for the litter Kurby let him pet him and even purred! This guy has got to be given a chance. I'm going to see how he will react to me later this evening. We just got back from a funeral and have to go over the friends house here in just a few minutes. I will get back to all of you after talking with the vet. We can't thank you enough!:)
Well that says it ALL! Kurby purred while Kevin pet him! Despite his terrible pain, and being in a strange environment, he purred! I'll bet he'll do fine as a house kitty if given the chance. ;) Glad PTers are coming to the rescue again. :)

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Can we have the story on him? Also, does Lucky still need help? I had forgotten about him until the other day and felt really bad because I had said I would try to help and then forgot.

K & L
10-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Can we have the story on him? Also, does Lucky still need help? I had forgotten about him until the other day and felt really bad because I had said I would try to help and then forgot.

Kurby has been a park feral for about 2 years now. We've been taking care of colonies of ferals at the park for around 6 years now. Kurby, on occasion would let Kevin pet him. About a week ago one of the park officials gave us a call and said they noticed Kurby limping really bad. It took us that much time to finally capture him. Here's the story after that:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62518

We talked to the vets front desk techs today about setting up some kind of Kurby fund. They said its probably do-able but we'd need to talk with the vet for any ultimate decision and plan. We hope to know more details sometime early next week.

I'm not sure who Lucky is, sorry!

Uniqueviking
10-29-2004, 10:18 PM
I'd like to help too.

How can I do so when being half way around the world? Pls. let me know.

K&L would it be possible to just send some American $$$ to you?

Tonya
10-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Count me in! I am happy to hear that Kurby is already warming up!

jazzzytina
10-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Do keep us posted - I'd like to pledge too.

Laura's Babies
10-30-2004, 08:25 AM
I would make a donation too but remember, I go back to work on the 10th of November so I would have to get mine sent asap!

K & L
10-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Gosh I just feel so blessed here! For those of you that feel comfortable just sending $$$ to us personally, that would work for us also. I just want to set this up so you all know where your donations went! If any of you would like our address just PM me and I will give it to you. Again THANK YOU ALL!

catmandu
10-30-2004, 08:32 AM
If I can,I will,but I have tose,what the ound Cat Vet Bill,will be first,and I think,that 3 Cats,will need dental work,this year!

sirrahbed
10-30-2004, 09:30 AM
I am in and just want to *bump* the Kurby Fund:)

catfamily
10-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Count me in:D :D :D
Just let us know where to send.We'd be happy too.Carla and Mike

K & L
10-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Thank you everyone! Kevin's been going in several times a day and working with Kurby. Remember most all of our other cats were feral at one time, so there is a strong possibility Kurby can be tamed. We will keep everyone updated along with pictures!

kimlovescats
10-31-2004, 10:44 AM
*bump*;)

K & L
10-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks Kim!

jenluckenbach
10-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Lisa, check for a PM.

K & L
11-01-2004, 08:28 AM
We should find out details on all of this tomorrow when the vet is back in (day of surgery, cost, etc). We weren't sure what we were going to do at the time Kurby was there, then the vet was off until tomorrow. Once all details are worked out with him, I will let you all know!!

ramanth
11-01-2004, 11:33 AM
I'll be keeping an eye on this. :)

mruffruff
11-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Same here!

Mary

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Any news yet Lisa?

K & L
11-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Any news yet Lisa?

Not yet, we had an emergency with Porch who is now at the vet. When the vet called Kevin was at lunch, and then when Kevin called the vet was out voting. We should know something soon. Porch is not doing well. He's blocked at both ends!:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh no! I sure hope Porch is OK! This is all you need right now. :(

K & L
11-02-2004, 05:47 PM
I've been impatiently waiting!:mad: My husband and the vet have been playing phone tag all day.:( If I don't hear something soon I'm going to call myself! The vet has to set the day of surgery up with us, so we need to talk with him. He also has to give the OK to accept donations through the hospital. As soon as I know I will post.

rg_girlca
11-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Porch.

My gosh Lisa, if it doesn't rain, it pours.

Sent my donation out yesterday to you.:)