PDA

View Full Version : Kitty update...

Tonya
10-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Well, I finally caught Ron in the act last night. I woke up at 4am and for whatever wierd reason walked into my closet. There was Ron, squatting. I went to pick him up to put him in the litterbox and he hissed and bit me. That isn't like him. He looked like he was in pain and hardly any pee came out. So, I dropped him off at the vet today to be checked. I asked them to board him for a few days there while they care for him. There are alot of softies that work there, so I'm going to put a sign on his cage with my story.

My son had a horrible day breathing yesterday. It's sounding like broncitis now and he's already done with his antibiotics. I had to take him to the hosptial because nothing was helping his breathing.

So...I think I have a final decision on what I am doing. I had really wanted them to go directly into a home, not to be fostered in between. Well, I'm not going to be so particular rehoming Ron. I am putting so fliers up at the vet today and I will be coming back to talk to one of the girls that does rescue there. I am now willing for him to go into a foster home before he finds his furrever home. He's a resilient cat, so I do not think he will be traumatized.

Raven, on the other hand will be truamatized so she is staying here for one more month. My brother just had a baby yesterday, and he wants to be sure his other animals adapt before he brings a new cat home. My brother's house is perfect for Raven because she loves them. My brother and his wife are one of the few people that Raven will roll over for and ask to be petted. Normally, when we have company (even my other brother Jeff who is over 5-6 times a week), she will disappear. So, I know that if Raven will adjust to anyone, it'll be my brother and his wife.

Tonya
10-29-2004, 02:24 PM
bump

Jods
10-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you found a perfect home for Raven and your doing your best for Ron. I hope all goes well... Praying they both do get the best homes they deserve other then yours... Don't worry your doing the best you can your son comes first.

mina'smomma
10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm very happy that you found a loving home for Raven. I know that is must be hard on you, but at least you know your brother and his family will love and care for her.

catfamily
10-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Sounds great for Raven.I hope your brother takes him furrever.It looks like he will. I'm so glad youre taking care of Ron's urinary trac problem so quick.I will pray that one of the vet techs takes him or someone else very nice.He'll be adopted because he's so beautiful.Raven needs your brother and I'm so happy you know that he would be most tramatized and doing your best for him..and Ron for dropping him off at the vets so quick to fix him up and place him.Your son comes first.Some people are so highly allergic .I never understood it until I met my sisters husband who cannot walk into a home that has only 1 cat without being sick for days later.Even without touching the cat.

catmandu
10-30-2004, 08:48 AM
The Found Cats,and I are sorry,that you andyour son,are having so much trouble,and we pray,that Ron,is all right,and that they can get New Furr Ever Homes!