PDA

View Full Version : Elvis' Sire :(..

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 10:52 AM
I have recieved some very bad news last night about Elvis' Dad, Bobby the 3-4 year old Border Collie is in need of a new home, being a stud dog he tends to go searching for females and the owners have not been keeping him on there own property. Bobby keeps on showing up at Elvis' breeders property (All of their Females have now been spayed) and his owner is getting very annoyed.

Also Bobby was attacked by another dog as a pup and is very shy around the sheep and wont work, so he is deemed useless and will be shot. I am trying my hardest to find him a home, if not a foster home for this poor guy. :( He/ We have untill early next week IF WE ARE LUCKY, i am hoping someone from one of the Flyball clubs will be able to take him on, Elvis' breeders are unable to have anymore house dogs, but are going to talk to the farmer and see if i can have a week to work somthing out.

Please if we could have some of those wonderful PT prayers they would be very much apprieciated. :( This is such an awful thing to happen, although sadly it is very common.

BCBlondie
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Aww.. :( I hope he finds a good home really soon!!

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Who are the idiots that claim him? They're the ones that need to be shot! What heathens. I hope Bobby escapes and finds a home he deserves.

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 11:56 AM
I am doing everything i can to find the sweety a new home, unfortunatly i cannot even foster him at the moment.

Val, Bobbys owner and Elvis' breeder are on different farms, they are neighbours.

Bobbys owner was actualy going to take Elvis but he was going to be kept chained up to his dog house when not working so i jumped in and took him.

pitc9
10-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Poor baby!! I hope something works out for him!!!:(

tatsxxx11
10-29-2004, 06:38 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: How infuriating and how sad! This poor pup has been used to make money for both these people and now they want to give him the boot because they cannot keep him confined??? Did they ever THINK of neutering him? I surely will be keeping this precious soul in my thoughts and prayers.

micki76
10-29-2004, 09:49 PM
:( :( :(

LOTS of good thoughts for Bobby.

LuvmyPapillons
10-30-2004, 02:42 AM
How hard for you to deal with this..I can see from your post that you would foster him if possible...I will add him to list of nightly prayers till he finds his forever home..Good Luck..
Hugs,Victoria

wolfie
10-30-2004, 12:28 PM
That's so awful!!! I agree, why didn't they neuter him? His 'owners' obviously don't care about him - breeding him and then dumping him. :( I hope he finds a home with a loving family he deserves.

cloverfdx
10-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone, i will keep you posted on what happens.

Bobby is/was a stud dog, he has sired a couple of litters. I dont think neutering would help too much with his roaming habbits, he is just that type of dog who seeks out his own company and fun.

Elvis' breeder and Bobbys owner are not the same family, Elvis' breeders are very responsible people (All of their Borders have been spayed now).

I have a lead through BC rescue, and if that falls through someone has offered to send him interstate :eek:, but i want him to stay local so i can keep an eye on him.