PDA

View Full Version : Play Dates?

mina'smomma
10-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok I keep getting told that I'm silly because I schedule play dates for Mina. My friend Kaylyn who has a six month old Tabby and I let our cats play together every week. We even have matching bandanas for them and they even have their own diaper bags with their favorite toys, treats and yes even little bath wipes for when they try to play in the flour.

Well my fiance says I' being silly and that I'm treating Mina like she is a baby instead of a kitten. Oh I also sing her to sleep at night and cuddle with her when I get home for the night.:) But apparently this isn't the right thing to do with a kitten.

Uniqueviking
10-29-2004, 08:07 AM
I think it's sweet :) ...and I know other people who have play dates for their pets, and I think it's a good idea.

cruisetime
10-29-2004, 08:19 AM
I was just wishing mine was a little more affectionate. Love to have some cuddle time with her but she just wants to play play play. I was thinking about doing what you are and get with a friend who has a cat and see if they would play together. She has a six month old and mine is 2-1/2 years old but neither has another cat to play with. Hers has an older cat but it won't play with it. I think it is great idea and just tell him if he doesn't think this is a good idea then how about you getting a permanent playmate for your kitty - another cat! :) :) :) My hubby already said no to that so I think play time is a great idea! :) Debbie

kimlovescats
10-29-2004, 08:56 AM
I think it is FABULOUS!!!! Great job, Catmommy!!!:D :D :D

Laura's Babies
10-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Chester had play dates with Samantha when she lived with that other lady and he loved them. Sometimes she would stay for days. There is NOTHING wrong with what you are doing. Diaper bags of toys and play date things are great. Rocking her to sleep and singing to her... NOTHING wrong with that either I sing to mine and I don't rock them to sleep because they won't let me. You sound like a PERFECT Mommie!

catmandu
10-29-2004, 09:45 AM
That sounds like a lot,of Fun,I wonder,if there,is anyone,in Hamilton,taht The Found Cats,could play with?I wonder ,how they would react,to Kitty Visitors?

jazzcat
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
I think it's great you do play dates with her. That means if you ever adopt another kitten or cat she will be used to other cats and more accepting. I wished Ripley had been exposed to other cats growing up because it's been really hard bringing in new kitties. He was an only cat for 10 years and extremely grumpy and set in his ways.