PDA

View Full Version : What's your fav. scary movie?

teenster3
10-28-2004, 11:18 PM
I just watched Witchboard last night....I think it's scary!
This is the time of year where Matthew gets out all the horror flicks for us to watch!;)
He likes the gore....Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a classic fav. of his.
So, if you like SCARY movies....what are some of your favorites???
Tina

zaylagrey
10-29-2004, 12:33 AM
I thought Gothica was pretty scary. It kept me guessing. I hate movies that you can figure out right away.

KYS
10-29-2004, 04:33 AM
I have more than one.

1: House on the Haunted Hill with Vincent Price,
2. Hill House
3. Alien

Their is a new scary out, I'm going to see this
weekend.

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 07:14 AM
The Hellraiser movies and also Phantasm and Poltergeist. The creepy preacher in Poltergeist and the creepy Mausoleum guy in Phantasm make them really scary. Pinhead in Phantasm really gives me the creeps. I also love the first Halloween.

slleipnir
10-29-2004, 07:19 AM
I don't like scary movies lol...but I hear The Grudge is REALLY scary

smokey the elder
10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
I like M. Night Shyamalan movies: The Others and The Sixth Sense. In general, scary movies with a twist in the ending. For campy movies, House and House II.

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
The Ring :eek:, it scared the absolute bejeezes out of me. When i was little i was terrified of the Nightmare on Elm st movies, but i have not watched them in a LONG time. ;)

EssTer
10-29-2004, 10:10 AM
I dont like scary movies a lot... but most scary is The Ring that I´´ve seen.. wow.. really scary...

slleipnir
10-29-2004, 10:48 AM
I didn't think the ring was scary at all...More stupid I think. There is an original japanse version -> Ringu or something..that might be good

BCBlondie
10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
The Ring :eek:, it scared the absolute bejeezes out of me.
That movie TRAUMATIZED me!!!!!!! LOL I saw it around when it came out, and it STILL scares me!!! >.<

PJ's Mom
10-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I love scary movies! Trouble is, there aren't any really scary ones anymore. :( The Exorcist was great in it's time, and I must say that the "spider walk" scene is probably one of the scariest I've ever seen. :eek: :D

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
That movie TRAUMATIZED me!!!!!!! LOL I saw it around when it came out, and it STILL scares me!!! >.<

LOL yep i was traumatized aswell, i had to stop about half way through and watch the rest the next day when it was light out *Shudders*. :o

wolflady
10-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
I like M. Night Shyamalan movies: The Others and The Sixth Sense. In general, scary movies with a twist in the ending. For campy movies, House and House II.

I agree, the Others was quite good. I was not expecting the ending at all. I like scary movies with a twist as well. The Ring was kinda creepy. I liked Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Dep.
I don't like over-kill on the gore types of "scary" movies at all. They don't scare me, they're just gross.

Movies that could potentially happen are also very scary to me, like Outbreak! *shudders*

House and House II are great campy movies! How could I have forgotten about those?? They are definitely good for a laughLOL Thanks for reminding me! :D

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 11:35 AM
The Ring didn't scare me at all. I was really disappointed in it. I want to see The Grudge and Saw.

wolflady
10-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
The Ring didn't scare me at all. I was really disappointed in it. I want to see The Grudge and Saw.

The Grudge looks creepy. Please give us an update after you see it. I'm not sure if I want to see it or not! LOL ;)
I haven't heard about Saw though. Is that a new one out also?

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 11:46 AM
I have not heard of either The Grudge or Saw, they sound interesting i must look them up.

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
www.sawmovie.com looks to be right up my alley.

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 12:23 PM
LOL i am scared already Val, and have only just entered the site. :o

Kiia
10-29-2004, 04:57 PM
I think the Hellraiser set is one of my favorites.

Yah, that SAW movie looks pretty scary, I want to see it too. Oh and Grudge as well. Supposedly they gave it good reviews.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-29-2004, 05:01 PM
I don't think these movies are that scary but they're the last 2 I saw, Gothika and Godsend.

Cincy'sMom
10-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Having written for and worked in a haunted house many years, but scary movies don't bother me. I see them as things to steal ideas from...to study and take an idea and change it into a 2minute room.
One movie that was creepy though, was Stir of Echoes, with Kevin Bacon.

davidpizzica
10-29-2004, 11:06 PM
The one scary movie that I liked (and the funniest) was Ghostbusters. I like any movie with Bill Murray (except Scrooged!)

GoldenRetrLuver
10-30-2004, 11:52 PM
I saw "The Grudge" tonight.

I thought the overall movie plot was actually kind of corny, but it was REALLY scary. I jumped in my seat a few times. :o
The main reason I wanted to go see it was because Sarah Michelle Geller was in it (my favorite actress).. she did a really good job.

"The Ring" didn't scare me at all, but "What Lies Beneath" did, if anyone's seen that one.

I also saw the original "The Exorcist" not too long ago, and that didn't scare me either, lol. I thought "Secret Window" was really, REALLY good as well.

I want to see "The Saw" next.. it looks pretty good.

Heh, I love scary movies. :p:D

caseysmom
10-31-2004, 01:05 AM
I saw the grudge, I thought it was kind of dumb. What lies beneath scared the crud out of me. Signs was also scary. Has anyone seen dawn of the dead?

HoRsELUvR
10-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Ive seen the Ring enough times so that its not scary anymore.I saw The Grudge last week which was scary,but kinda dumb.