PDA

View Full Version : English Budgies

Giselle
10-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Has anybody had any experience with them? I was ranting about my killer mum [American budgie], and an English budgie exhibitor led me into the treacherous sea of bird exhibiting and English breeding. Well, needless to say, I was fascinated and was quickly getting hooked. I now have an urge to join the BAA and buy a few pairs of English and start breeding stock to exhibit. Sounds so fun, active, and intriguing. It's also a chance to work my genetic-knowledge and admire my pairings.

I dunno...I'm still a little iffy and want some feedback before I commit to this (remember, bird showing/breeding is the equivalent of dog showing and we all know how difficult *that* is). Anybody?

BitsyNaceyDog
10-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I have 3 budgies at my work, 1 of which is an English budgie. From my experience they're pretty much the same as "regular" budgies, other than looks of corse.

Giselle
10-29-2004, 11:29 PM
No, but I mean breeding and exhibiting in particular. Thanks for the help, though:) .

I've heard from fellow American breeders that the English are 10x harder to breed. I was also given the advice of letting the English lay and letting the Americans raise the chicks for them. That way, the English will breed more/better(?). I just want to know a bit more about what I'll be getting myself into.