PDA

View Full Version : This really annoys me

K9soul
10-28-2004, 08:36 PM
This might sound kind of silly, that out of all the mudslinging going on with the political races this is the thing I complain about, but it really bothers me. There's a television ad out for one of the candidates where it basically portrays/compares terrorists with wolves. I'm not even going to say which party put it out because that is not what this is about, I'd be equally annoyed with either side that put it out, and anyway if you have seen it you already know.

Wolves have had enough of being portrayed as evil and vicious through the years, I had hoped the time was past that I would see something like that. It just really annoyed and bothered me.

Miranda_Rae
10-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Thats too bad. :( When I was little I watched a movie about wolves where they were attacking people (yeah I know they aren't like that :o) and it scared the living daylights out of me, SO bad. I would have nightmares (and i still do occasionally), and I would have to make sure that the blinds were shut in my bedroom so that no wolves could look in and then I would imagine that a wolf was walking towards my bed. :rolleyes: :o I know, pathetic but I was little, and I am still scared of them but that doesn't mean they are bad! They are very pretty. :D I don't hate them or anything, they just terrify me. I don't mean to offend anyone. Anyho, yeah, thats a bad add. :mad:

K9soul
10-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Well I can hardly blame people for being afraid of them, Hollywood and people in general have made them out to be evil vicious creatures that would stalk and hunt down a person when that's just not true at all. Even after you know that, you still have those spooky images stuck in your head though, I know it would be hard to overcome that.

Wolf/human encounters are actually very rare, I've read there is no written documentation of a healthy wolf killing a human in North America, though some say there have been some undocumented, but very rare encounters.

Miranda the best way to get over that fear is to do a lot of reading and researching about wolves, that is what I did in high school as I was fascinated with them, and I can't really imagine fearing them now. I can't imagine anything more awesome and exciting than seeing a wolf in the wild, although even wolf biologists have trouble since wolves are so elusive and shy :).

snappy
10-29-2004, 09:25 AM
K9soul - I am so glad to hear that someone else really didn't like that ad. I have seen it just a few times and I really get angry at it also. Thanks for letting me air my complaints!

Miranda_Rae
10-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
Well I can hardly blame people for being afraid of them, Hollywood and people in general have made them out to be evil vicious creatures that would stalk and hunt down a person when that's just not true at all. Even after you know that, you still have those spooky images stuck in your head though, I know it would be hard to overcome that.

Wolf/human encounters are actually very rare, I've read there is no written documentation of a healthy wolf killing a human in North America, though some say there have been some undocumented, but very rare encounters.

Miranda the best way to get over that fear is to do a lot of reading and researching about wolves, that is what I did in high school as I was fascinated with them, and I can't really imagine fearing them now. I can't imagine anything more awesome and exciting than seeing a wolf in the wild, although even wolf biologists have trouble since wolves are so elusive and shy :).

Yes, I probably should work on it. :rolleyes: In a way its really pathetic that I am afraid of them. :o

Denyce
10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
The ad annoys me also. It is so completely unneccesary to the point of their ad. It makes whomever put that ad together to look stupid and ignorant as far as I am concerned.

Denyce

K9soul
10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Miranda I don't think it's pathetic at all, it's a natural result of how they have been portrayed as something to fear.

snappy, I've seen it a few times and every time it highly annoyed me, probably more than the regular political ads do :o. I finally decided to vent myself :D

Miranda_Rae
10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Miranda I don't think it's pathetic at all, it's a natural result of how they have been portrayed as something to fear.

I was afraid that when I said something about how afraid i was of them that people would jump all over me saying that i hated them and everything, and stuff. :o Pet Talk can get kind of nasty at times, but for the most part its pretty good. :D