I am sending you to heaven,
where God and his angels sing.
It'll be alright my baby,
for you have earned your wings.
We'll be together one day,
just be patient, you'll see.
Before you know it,
you'll be singing with me.

-Dedicated to Boots. Written by: J.T. (me)

My Angel, formally known as Boots, was put to sleep a few days ago while I was visiting my father who was across the US in ICU. He had a big tumor right next to his heart which developed into cancer. I wasn't able to be there for Boots because he wasn't supposed to be put to sleep until I got back. While I was gone, Boots had gotten worse. My step father called me to let me know of his condition, I had to make the decision over the phone, hundreds of miles away, to not make him suffer and wait for me to be there. I feel horrible that I was not able to be there. After returning home, the thought that he was gone did not fully sink in until I got to my bedroom. He wasn't there to greet me like he used to. It's been very hard for me since. I can't forgive myself that I, his mom, wasn't there to let him know it's okay. I can only hope that he understands I was too far away at a hospital. Otherwise I would have been there. I love you Boots, I always will sweetheart... I'm so sorry. I'm truely sorry.

Tinkerboots
10-28-2004, 08:25 PM
The tumor was in Boots, not my dad. My dad was in a very bad accident. Just thought I would clarify.

guineapiggie13
10-28-2004, 08:30 PM
That is a very beautiful poem. RIP Boots:( You have my condolences; you must be in great grief right now.

rg_girlca
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your Boots. He was/is a beautiful fella. What a beautiful tribute.

I believe that Boots waited until you were away, to go onto RB, as he knew how much you loved him and he wanted to spare you the pain and hurt of seeing him PTS, as he loved you too.
I hope you feel some comfort in knowing this.

May the loving memories of your precious Boots, comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace Boots.

jazzzytina
10-29-2004, 07:00 AM
I'm so sorry about Boots. He was an angel. We lost Pep a few weeks ago so I know how you feel. Pet Talk is a great place for support. Know that you (and your dad) are in our thoughts and prayers. Godspeed, little Boots, to the Rainbow Bridge, and know that you are always loved!

Tina

Cataholic
10-29-2004, 08:01 AM
You have no reason to be sorry, other than for the loss of Boots. We cannot control these things, timing isn't always on our side. I know Boots knew your love for him. He is waiting for you, patiently, on the other side. He will let you know when you meet up again, his eternal gratitude for letting him go.

RIP, Baby Boots. Meowmie is in such pain right now. Send her a message that you are free of it now, playing happily, like a young kitten, with all of our pets that have gone on before.

catmandu
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Your Boots,knoes that you love him,and that it is not your fault,that you were not there,in his last moments! And,as was there,for Fluffy,and Scrappy,I can tell you,that it is not a pleasant thing,to see! Boots,is now a Cat angel,and is playing,and travelling,with the Pet Angel Army,in Cambodia,enjoying the sen your time comes!

rosethecopycat
10-29-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry you are separated from your kitty now. You have a connection with Boots that despite being miles apart, you were together.
Now you must wait, as does he, for you to be reunited at the Rainbow Bridge.

Remember him fondly, not just his parting.

Godspeed to the bridge, Boots.

smokey the elder
10-29-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm so sorry about Boots. He was a very handsome cat.

jazzzytina
10-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I agree - you don't have to be sorry - Boots knows that you adored him, and he is free from pain now. You were a good meowmie to do what you did - you did the RIGHT thing.

slick
10-29-2004, 11:34 PM
:( :( RIP Boots. Play happy at the RB.

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2004, 02:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Boots passing.:( RIP sweet Boots.

guster girl
11-02-2004, 04:15 AM
What a beautiful picture, how long did you have Boots? I'm sorry you weren't able to be with him, but, rest assured, he's with you, now.