PDA

View Full Version : This election is important but it is not worth going to these extremes

Maresche
10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
http://www.newsnet5.com/politics/3866748/detail.html

I consider these people prime examples of those who really, REALLY need to reassess their priorities!

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- An 18-year-old supporter of President George W. Bush became so angry that his girlfriend was considering voting for John Kerry and was breaking up with him that he imprisoned her in his home, deputies said.

Steven Soper of Lake Worth was charged with aggravated battery, false imprisonment and resisting arrest without violence. He was being held at the Palm Beach County Jail without bond until a mental health assessment is completed.

Soper began pushing and shoving 18-year-old Stacey Silviera Tuesday night when she came to his house to return some of his personal items, deputies said.

"I kill you," he said, according to the arrest report. "You want (to) live to see the election?"

He held her with a screwdriver and a shard from a broken pot while a deputy tried to separate them, said Paul Miller, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The girlfriend broke free and the deputy used a Taser on Soper.

Meanwhile, in Vero Beach, an anti-Kerry demonstrator was charged with felony aggravated assault with a gun Monday after a Kerry supporter said he pointed the gun at his head.

Michael Garone, 52, of Vero Beach, was released from jail Tuesday on his on recognizance.

Veterans were protesting against Kerry a street corner when Trevor Pickering drove up and said "Go Kerry," according to an arrest affidavit.

Pickering argued with the protesters and he got out of the car and knocked a sign out of a supporter's hand.

"That's when (Garone) walked up to my car and stuck a gun to my head," Pickering said. "I said 'I'm sorry' and 'Please don't kill me,' drove away and called the cops."

Garone admitted he had a gun in his car, but denied pointing it at anyone. It wasn't clear whether Garone is a veteran.

snappy
10-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Please hurry up and get here November 3rd!!!

caseysmom
10-28-2004, 09:46 AM
A democratic headquarters in my area was vandalized and swatztika's were drawn on the windows right next to pro bush stuff...I guess they think that makes bush look good????

jazzcat
10-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by caseysmom
A democratic headquarters in my area was vandalized and swatztika's were drawn on the windows right next to pro bush stuff...I guess they think that makes bush look good????
Probably about as good as the drive by shooting into the Bush-Cheney Headquarters here in Knoxville, TN makes Kerry look.:rolleyes:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041005/us_nm/campaign_shooting_dc

ramanth
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
damn. :(

Threats and vandalism are NOT cool. I wish it were Nov. 3rd already too.

caseysmom
10-28-2004, 12:12 PM
This is the ugliest election I can ever remember....don't these half wits on both sides realize they make their party look bad?

RICHARD
10-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
This is the ugliest election I can ever remember....

Come on, No Ralph Nader jokes!