PDA

View Full Version : Is anger an issue with you?

teenster3
10-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Sorry.....I guess this is my night to vent!
Do any of you ever feel that ANGER is an issue with you?
I just get angry too easy, often frustrated for no apparent reasons. It sometimes takes awhile to calm myself down.
My dad always thought of it as an inbalance & I just don't know what causes it.
It's weird too because if you met me on the street you'd never know. There's people I talk to that say "Tina, you're such a SWEET girl & so nice to talk to & you listen!"
I do those things but there are also times when I also feel enraged & burning up inside. I'm not much of a drinker & I don't do drugs. I do have some medical problems but I don't think it's caused from them. I honestly can not say what REALLY sets me off. There have been numerous times when Matthew will ask me why I'm so mad & I just can't answer him!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry all the time & I love to laugh & meet people & LOVE to talk!!!
I just wish I knew what caused it & how I could stop it.
I haven't been in any fist fights or anything dramatic like that.
I don't know, I just get angry....
Tina

CathyBogart
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
It can be. I don't often lose my temper but I find myself snapping at people who don't deserve it a lot. I can usually catch myself and apologize, but I hate seeing myself do it. -_-

cali
10-27-2004, 09:30 PM
lol you tell me ;) I am getting better though lol for example if someone calls me stupid I go "oh, I know! isnt it funny how that works? I mean its so weird!" in a vally girl voice lol that just makes the whole thing fun, and I dont feel any anger :p there was a time when I would have gotten really really angry after getting puched in the shoulder(my friends boyfriend-he left a big dark painful bruise lol) its still hurts almost a week later, but I am not mad, and I dont think he should stop bugging me lol afterall if he agree'd not to bug me that I would have to agree to do the same, and thats no fun ;)

ps. the punch was all in fun lol, he did not realize he punched so hard as to leave a bruise, he was suprised when my friend(his GF) told him on monday :p

Katiesmom
10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Sometimes anger is a problem for me when I get angry or aggrivated for no reason at all. One minute I'm a happy lil camper and the next minute I am a angry hornet:o And sometimes I can go from being really angry one minute to being really happy:p

GoldenRetrLuver
10-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah, it can be. When I get started.. I usually just CAN'T or WON'T stop until the consequences kick in! Believe me, I've gotten my share x 10 worth of groundings from the parents. :o

Lots of things can set me off. But I'd say the number one things that causes me stress and/or anger is school and family problems. (sister being a brat, fights and arguments with parents, homework, grades, etc.)

lisalee
10-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes, very much so. I've always been this way for as long as I can remember. I get "set off" easily, just say the wrong thing to me and watch out! I believe I'm very sensitive and that plays a part too. I can be the same way as you, very happy one moment and then filled with anger.

I sometimes think I may be going thru pre-menopause, it's hard to say though since I've always had these feelings.

Logan
10-27-2004, 10:22 PM
It has never really been an issue with me. When I do get angry, I usually keep it inside (which is a problem too). I rarely raise my voice and get really upset when people do. I always have been that way. :o

Tonya
10-27-2004, 11:18 PM
It isn't an issue for me. I get depressed really easy, but it takes quite a bit for me to actually get angry. I always seem to blame everything on myself instead of getting mad which isn't healthy either.

cloverfdx
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
No not realy, yes i get annoyed but never realy fuming mad where i feel like i will yell abuse etc.

anna_66
10-28-2004, 08:55 AM
I can say I used to be that very same way. I could just feel the rage wash over me like someone threw a bucket of water on me.
Come to find out my problem was I was going through Premature Ovarian Failure. It really messed with my hormones alot.
It could be something medical wrong with you too.
I hope you can find out because being that angry is definately not good for you (or the ones that are around you).

ParNone
10-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Rare that I get angry, but when I do there's a legitimate reason for it. I vent and make my emotions know and get it out of my system, then move on. I find staying angry takes way too much energy. So it's a quick vent and then I let it go.

Par...

ramanth
10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
It can be. I don't often lose my temper but I find myself snapping at people who don't deserve it a lot. I can usually catch myself and apologize, but I hate seeing myself do it. -_-

I'm just like this. I don't handle stress well.

A prime example of this is if we're traveling and we get lost, I'll get frustrated and will snap at Andy. He didn't do anything wrong and I feel terrible afterwards. I'm working real hard to catch myself before I freak out. :)

moosmom
10-28-2004, 05:45 PM
I try not to let anger get the best of me. Sometimes when I have alot of time on my hands, it can get the best of me. But I just figure that letting anger get the best of me is like renting space in my head to my ex-husband. That helps alot.

sammy101
10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
sometimes i have an anger problem. I get angry so easily,i dont know why?I try not to let anger be my answer,but sometimes it is.and im trying to get out of it.