PDA

View Full Version : A nice story

Uabassoon
10-27-2004, 08:11 PM
A lady from another message board just adopted a cat from her local shelter. It turned out to be quite a wonderful experience, the story she posted about adopting him was one of the sweetest things I've read in a while. It's nice to know that there really are nice people in the world.

This is what she wrote.
"My DD and I went and picked up the cat we decided to adopt from the local animal shelter. He had been there a long time (since April) and they were very glad he finally got a home. I was told he'd be $40 to adopt, which includes all of his shots, neutering, and implanting a microchip in case he gets lost (quite a bargain).

When we picked him up, they told me he had already been paid for. Someone had stopped in a few weeks ago, and while she was not able to adopt him herself, she wanted to pay all of his fees for someone who could give him a home. They didn't advertise that because they were afraid someone would just come in looking for the cheapest cat available and not a good match.

The cat happens to be a real sweetheart -- we love him already. I thought this was just the nicest thing, and it would never have occurred to me to do this.

My DD has been saving part of her allowance to do something charitable this year, and has decided to give it to the shelter to do the same thing for another animal. It will pay for 2 cats (or 1 dog) to be adopted.

I just thought that was the coolest thing!"

p.s. DD stands for Darling Daughter.

rosethecopycat
10-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Payin' it forward.:cool:

sirrahbed
10-27-2004, 08:23 PM
What a terrific and loving idea!!! Thank you for posting this Laura!!

QueenScoopalot
10-27-2004, 08:26 PM
That's such a heartwarming story, and a terrific idea for the 'Season of Giving'! :)

Laura's Babies
10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Wow! Wonderful thing to do and give a kitty a good home to boot!

catmandu
10-28-2004, 08:37 AM
We are glad,that DD,now has a Furr Ever Home,and blessthat good samartin,WHO MADE,IT EASIER,FOR HER,TO BE PART,OF YOUR HOME!

Barbara
10-28-2004, 08:46 AM
A wonderful story and a great idea:) Thanks for sharing.

cloverfdx
10-28-2004, 09:12 AM
That is so sweet :). And what a great idea. Thankyou for sharing that with us Laura.

Tonya
10-28-2004, 10:25 AM
What a great story. That is a wonderful idea.

kimlovescats
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Oh Laura, thanks so much for the warm fuzzies and watery eyes I needed this morning!!! What a wonderful idea ... and especially with the holidays approaching! :D

Randi
10-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Laura, that is such a heartwarming story. :)

Thanks for sharing.

jazzcat
10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
That is great! What a wonderful story.