PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays 78 - Boo Bash!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2004, 12:08 PM
*creeeeeeeek*
door opens and MOFF peeks in.......

My goodness! Where DID all these cobwebs come from?

Mario, you mean you did this? What are you holding in your fist?
ICK! A spider?

Oh, it's a rubber spider!!! You silly boy!

I see you have decorated for Halloween, so let's get the party started, eh?:D

Logan
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Are you all going to come to South Carolina before the law changes on mini bottles??? :) Come on down! We can go to Myrtle Beach (it is great in the fall), Charleston (see some history and eat some great seafood), and of course, come to Greenville, so that we can see beautiful mountains and the fall color! We'll have a bonfire, provide sleeping accomodations for everyone (dogs and cats included), and have a grand time!!!! :D

Come on down!!!! :D

dukedogsmom
10-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Sounds wonderful Logan! Wish I could find time in my upcoming vacation to stop by on the way back down to Florida from Maryland. How far out of the way would that be? I usually go through Geogia and all. Is everyone ready for Halloween? Got a great pumpkin carved to help decorate the bar. No, Mario, you can't throw all the pumpkin goo. You've made it look really spooky with those spider webs. How about this for our drink? I found it at drinkoftheweek.com It sounds like a Fall drink.

Corpse Reviver #2

1 oz. Brandy
1 oz. Apple Brandy
1 oz. Sweet Vermouth

In a mixing glass filled with ice, combine the brandy, apply brandy and sweet vermouth and stir well.
Strain into a martini glass.

RICHARD
10-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone!!

Nice decorating job Mario.....His version of a web site....:)

I think I'll rent a Mini Cooper and invite Minnie Mouse
to go hang out with Logan.....

I'll stop and pick up anyone who wants to go!!!!

Can I add some mulled cider for the DOTD??

catland
10-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone. Ready to carve some pumpkins?

ddm - in the spirit of the S. Carolina mini-bottles, the correct measurements are:

1.7 oz. Brandy
1.7 oz. Apple Brandy
1.7 oz. Sweet Vermouth

;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Hi everyone!!

Can I add some mulled cider for the DOTD??
Yep, you can add mulled cider and I'll add spiced cider - non alcoholic, made with apple cider, oranges, cloves, cinnamon and sugar! YUMMY!

Gosh, Maro look at that pumpkin you carved!
Why it looks just like ................................ :D

davidpizzica
10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Connie, I'm afraid to ask him who that looks like!! But I must admit that he did a terrific job decorating the bar. A corpse revivor(sp?) sounds go. I'm one corpse that needs reviving! MARIO!! You just missed me with those pumpkinseeds!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I'm afraid to ask him who that looks like!! But I must admit that he did a terrific job decorating the bar. A corpse revivor(sp?) sounds go. I'm one corpse that needs reviving! MARIO!! You just missed me with those pumpkinseeds!
DONE!

Mario does fling those seeds with abandon, doesn't he? :D *MOFF pulls slimy pumpkin seed out of her hair*

Killearn Kitties
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
A trip to South Carolina? How exciting! I'll have one of those warming drinks please while I am waiting for a lift. Not many of us will fit in a Mini Cooper!

davidpizzica
10-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey, Connie! did he miss me and hit you?! I'm sorry, do want me to give you a hand takng those out? OH BOY!! here he comes again and he'e covered with REAL spider webs!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Yippeee!!! The bar's open! I've been waiting since Monday for this. Coming back to work after a wonderful vaction really sucks....right David? ;)

Ok, what a mini bottles? Are those the teeny tiny little bottles of booze they have in hotel rooms? And what is the law change on them Logan? Hmmm....why am I the only one that is confuzled on this? :confused:
[quote]His version of a web site....[/b] grrooooooaaaannn ;) :D

Packing everybody into a Mini, isn't that sort of like seeing how many people you can pack into a Bug? I'll hang onto the luggage rack on top if you don't mind. ;)

Had some absolutely fabulous margarita's while on vacation, so I'll take a green slushie instead of the dotd please.

Mario, fling those seeds this way! I'll rinse them and then bake them and make pumpking seeds - yummy! (reminds me that I have to do that this weekend, for real)

slick
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Well, I'm back from travelling the dusty trail and could "shirr" use a slushy right about now. Still unpacking so will go back and take a good read later.

catland
10-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Ok, what a mini bottles? Are those the teeny tiny little bottles of booze they have in hotel rooms?

I'm only aware of the mini-bottles because The Daily Show did a story on them. Apparently bars in S. Carolina are not allowed to serve booze out of regular bottles. If you order a drink there, it comes out of a mini-bottle just like the hotel rooms. :eek:

and I thought Oregon was goofy ;)

RICHARD
10-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by catland

Check out your neighbor to the south.....Cah lee fuh nee ah!

DONE!

Slick and T&P

Slushy!

DONE!

KK,
Cider, DONE!!!!

LOL,
It like the Angels Dancing on the Head of Pin..
How many PTers can Drink Inside of a Mini Cooper???

Mario,

Please start the Juke box.............A-5 is the Monster Mash.....

davidpizzica
10-27-2004, 04:04 PM
RICHARD, I'll take a lot of DOTDs for when I go back to w w w work!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by catland
I'm only aware of the mini-bottles because The Daily Show did a story on them. Apparently bars in S. Carolina are not allowed to serve booze out of regular bottles. If you order a drink there, it comes out of a mini-bottle just like the hotel rooms. :eek:

You're kidding!!! :eek: :eek: OMG, that must cost a bundle and just think of all the garbage it creates! So, are they getting rid of this law or are then enacting it?

Sorry, but I guess since I'm from Wisconsin where the bigger the bottle the better, I just can't fathom that they would be restricted to those tiny things. :confused:

Oops, thanks for the slushy Richard, hope the booze part of it came out of a nice biiiiig bottle. ;) :D

RICHARD
10-27-2004, 04:39 PM
David,

DONE!!

Welcome back to the work force.;)

T&P,

No little bottles here...

And for Mario....

Are cherries the new wonder fruit?
Science suggests they're good for more than just pies

By Bob Trott

For decades, cherries slid by on reputation only. The tangy little orbs of deliciousness have been credited with an array of health advantages, from soothing gout and arthritis to helping with a good night’s sleep.

Without hard data, though, such claims were dismissed as proverbial old wives’ tales.

Well, sometimes old wives know what they’re talking about.

“It was always anecdotal, but it’s been reported so frequently, by so many different people, that you have to think there may be something to it,” says Dr. Russell J. Reiter, professor of neuroendocrinology at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.

Reiter recently put some hard science behind the cherry folklore. He conducted a five-month study and found that tart cherries contain significant amounts of melatonin — a hormone produced in the brain’s pineal gland that has been credited with slowing the aging process, and fighting insomnia and jet lag. It’s also being studied as a potential treatment for cancer, depression and other diseases and disorders.

The findings mark the first time melatonin has been pegged as a naturally occurring substance in food, although trace amounts are evident in bananas, corn and other foods, Reiter says.

“The combination of antioxidants in cherries can be very beneficial,” Reiter says.

Feeling fruity
While Reiter’s study gave cherries some health bonafides, Patricia Leischner already knew the fruit was making her feel better.

Leischner, 63, lives on a farm about 25 miles north of Springfield, Ill., and has suffered from back trouble — she had surgery in 1996 — and arthritis for years.

“My problem was I couldn’t get my hose on, my husband always had to help me with my hose,” Leischner says. “In the mornings I’d awaken with pain in my back. If I tried to clap with my hands, I couldn’t because of my big arthritic knuckles.”

Last year, a friend recommended CherryFlex, soft gel tablets made from tart red cherries. Leischner, who plows the fields in a tractor, says the results were quick, and significant.

“The pain is not there like it was before,” she says. “The natural melatonin helps my sleep pattern, too.”

CherryFlex is manufactured by Flavonoid Sciences, a company in Traverse City, Mich. — the heart of America’s cherry country — founded by Bob Underwood, a cherry farmer for four decades who is credited with creating tart cherry pills for daily use.

“There is such a huge push now in our health system, not only how long you live but also the quality of your life while you’re alive,” says Underwood, 67. “I firmly believe that there’s absolutely no doubt the compounds in these cherries, if taken on a daily basis, definitely have an impact on joint inflammation. And the amount of antioxidants is good for the immune system and other things that don’t have anything to do with that kind of pain and gout.”

The key is the fruit’s skin and pigmentation, where antioxidants called anthocyanins are found. A 1999 study at Michigan State University found that the antioxidant activity of tart black cherries is greater than that of Vitamin E, according to the Moss Report, a cancer treatment and referral service.

Not the pits
Cherries have been popular snack for centuries. In America, French settlers planted pits near the St. Lawrence River and the Great Lakes as they settled there, eventually founding Detroit and other cities in Michigan. A Presbyterian minister, Peter Dougherty, planted cherry trees near Traverse City, and the state’s first commercial tart cherry orchards were established near that spot at Ridgewood Farm, in 1893.

Underwood says cherries have been associated with pie and other deserts long enough, and “now it’s time to take a look at the other side, the healthy side.”

For Leischner, the fact that she’s using a natural product, and not a medicinal remedy that “gives you a druggy feeling,” is a big plus. “Natural” is a top selling point whether you’re using cherry concentrate or just grabbing a bunch of cherries to munch, says Andrew Lapointe, director of marketing for Traverse Bay Farms, which sells Fruit Advantage tart cherry juice concentrate and capsules under a “The Art of Healthy Eating” banner.

“It’s certainly a better alternative than fast food, for example,” Lapointe says. “There’s more interest in living a healthy lifestyle, and that can mean grabbing cherries by the handful for a quick snack. There’s a definite trend in society where people are wanting to eat healthier, and this fits right in with what folks are looking for.”

wolflady
10-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Yay! I just love Halloween! Slip me one of those mulled ciders, Richard! Good job decorating, Mario! I brought some pumpkin pie and my pumpkin carving kit and a pumpkin, so I'm ready to go! I don't know what I will do this year. Last year's pumpkin was just too cute, so I'm not sure how to top that one!! LOL Sergei helped me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/mariussmom/SergeiPumpkin1.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey, Connie! did he miss me and hit you?! I'm sorry, do want me to give you a hand takng those out? OH BOY!! here he comes again and he'e covered with REAL spider webs!
He only landed one seed in my hair, that I've found any way.

Looks like Mario has been dusting the wine cellar again! He wears cobwebs so well! :eek:

RICHARD
10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Yay! I just love Halloween! LOL Sergei helped me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/mariussmom/SergeiPumpkin1.jpg

Would you consider carving one for the bar....You are talented!

Mulled cider?

Done!

MOFF,

I saw another seed in your hair...I thought it was an earring....Stupid me!!! On your left side....
:o

dukedogsmom
10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Did Mario happen to bring up any wine with him? We might as well add that to the mix. If we had to survive on mini bottles, we'd all be in big trouble! Guess they would cause a mini hangover. Wolflady, that's a cute cat and pumpkin. I've never tried to carve one other than the traditional face. I love all the fancy ones I've seen here.

slick
10-27-2004, 05:27 PM
When I was at dinner last night with the crew, Veegan ordered onion rings and couldn't finish them all.

First thing I did was get out the camera........:D

The doghouse follows me everywhere.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2004, 05:28 PM

MOFF,

I saw another seed in your hair...I thought it was an earring....Stupid me!!! On your left side....
:o Yep, there it is. It got lost in all this long hair!

Mario is going to really be full of himself now that they've discovered cherries are good for you! He'll think he invented them!

That reminds me, Mario, did you bring up a bottle of cherry wine? You what? No! You didn't drink the entire bottle? Oh, it was a mini bottle. Thank goodness!
No wonder you can dance the Monster Mash so well!!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by slick
When I was at dinner last night with the crew, Veegan ordered onion rings and couldn't finish them all.

First thing I did was get out the camera........:D

The doghouse follows me everywhere.

ONION RINGS! HOW COULD THEY ABANDON YOU? SIGH!

I would have eaten them first!

Now I'm hungry for some. It's supper time here!:D

wolflady
10-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the cider, Richard...one bar pumpkin coming right up!!! I think I'll do a....Mario face! What do you think?? ;)

slick
10-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey Karen, we are having a dressup at work this Friday. I wasn't going to do anything this year but then I spotted the "conehead" that I bought at Dizzyland. It's this big foam orange cone that you put on your head. Purrfect, wouldn't you say??:D

QueenScoopalot
10-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Knock...knock...can I come in? :confused: I can't get the door open! :eek:

slick
10-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Knock...knock...can I come in? :confused: I can't get the door open! :eek:
Sorry Jan, I was out back watching the lunar eclipse. Grab a drink and chair and come on out and join us. It's the show of a lifetime. :)

Logan
10-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Debbie! I need to answer your question about the mini bottles.

I think it was in 1973 that SC finally allowed bars and restaurants to serve liquor (used to have to bring it in yourself). But, they placed restrictions and said that they could only serve it out of minibottles (like you would have in a hotel room or on an airplane). At the time, the bottles were 1.5 oz (still way more than is normally put in a mixed drink). Then, the manufacturers changed it to 1.7 oz. So, right now, if you go to a bar or restaurant and order a mixed drink in SC, you get one full mini bottle (1.7 oz). That's a pretty strong drink!!!! :eek: If you happen to order a drink that uses two different types of alcohol, you get a double dose!!!!

And you're so right! There is a huge garbage issue with the current system.

The proposed change to our state's constitution would adjust to allow for bars and restaurants to do as they choose, and if they would rather use the large bottles, then they will be able to. That is all dependent on the change passing in next week's election. From what I understand, in the "free pour" states (all 49 other states), a mixed drink would contain around 1 oz of alcohol. MADD is supporting the change, as well as many other groups. I think it is absurd that we would still have this regulation in our state when no other state has it! Plus, we have the highest fatality rate in the country due to alcohol related accidents! :o

Hope this explanation helps! I'll let you know what happens next Tuesday. :)

gini
10-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow, I just came over from that other thread of Richard's where everyone is catching something in their zippers, and scratching things in public like no one is watching. Pheww! Got out of there just in time.

What is the deal with the cherries? All of you are eating them like crazy?

I hear Karen is working on a pumpkin for the bar...........what a great idea! I can hardly wait to see it.

We have a WINE CELLAR? Now you tell me! Spiders or no spiders, I am going down there. I just hope that Mario didn't open all of the bottles. Where is the cork screw anyway?

MARIO, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!

Good group here today, Logan, Richard, Slick, Moff, QSalot, ddm, t&p,david.............let me go mingle for a minute or two and then I will come back and order something absolutely outrageous!

QueenScoopalot
10-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Good Morning everyone! Is it acceptable to have a "zombie" for breakfast? And go to work...or should I wait till happy hour? OK a splash of Bailey's in my ice coffee will do thanks! :D

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 07:00 AM
QSL, iced coffee and Bailey's is a pretty good wake up call! Here, I'll get us BOTH one!

Killearn Kitties
10-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Oh oh can you pour me one of those Baileys as well please, David? Don't drive over any bumps, Richard, we might spill some! :eek:

lbaker
10-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Good morning all. I not only want a strong Zombie... I believe I've become a Zombie :rolleyes: I've been out of touch so long it will probably take most of a week to catch up. Richard is doing WHAT with his zipper in another thread??? OMG I have been away too long. Mario, you have toilet paper stuck to your foot dear and I don't believe it's part of your costume. Unless you intend to totally wrap yourself up it and be a mummy. Lots of catching up to do at work too so just a quick drink and I'll try to check in later. Missed you all terribly wonderfully. :cool: Hey Val, when are you going to be in Maryland? What area?

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Karen,(I've always wanted to say this) DONE! It's a good drink to clear the cobwebs out of your head! BTW, those cobwebs will go good with the decor!

snappy
10-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Good Morning everyone......I think I need to start popping in on Wednesdays...seems that is when this party gets started! ;)

I think I would like some of the spiced cider.....I have a cough and the Dr. gave me some cough syrup with Codine (sp?) in it. Guess you could call it my very own 'little bottle'! Don't need to be any flakier than I am today........

Love the deco's - and the cat pumpkin was priceless! :D

But should I go home and get my costume?

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
I decided to grow my winter goatee! So that I won't freeze shoveling snow. It's also my halloween costume!

snappy
10-28-2004, 09:17 AM
I decided to grow my winter goatee! So that I won't freeze shoveling snow. It's also my halloween costume!

I know you get a lot of snow in the Pittsburg area - so I am sure it will look good on you - I wouldn't look that good in a goatee! If I start growing anything like a beard I will really be depressed.......

Girls - Facial Hair - EEEWWW!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
'Morning everyone! And what a great day it is! I have no idea why, but I'm feeling awful chipper this morning - maybe that's what 5 hours of sleep does to me. :rolleyes: :D

I'll just take a large coke easy ice for now. I've come to the conclusion that I am, indeed, addicted to coke. I think I'm going to sue them because there is no warning on the label of how addicting it can be and now I'm hooked for life! It really is as bad as trying to quit smoking. I just can't get rid of my taste for it and when I try and quit and don't have it for two or three days, the first time I take a drink again it's like getting a hit of heroin or something, it's just wonderful! Gawd, I need a Cokeaholic's Anonymous group or something.:rolleyes:

Oops, watch out Karen, that was a nasty pot hole Richard just hit! Can you imagine if all of us crammed into this tiny little Mini all spilled our Baileys on each other? We'd all be one big sticky goey mess....and Mario would just laugh and put a cherry on the roof to top us off. ;) :D

slick
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi y'all! Only stopping for a moment. Busy day today.
David, nice one with the goatee. Love a man with facial hair! ;)
Hi Debbie, got your email and will get back to you tonight when I get home from work.
Snappy, Karen, Jan, nice to see you here too.
Laurie, where have you been? I've been wondering about you, silly girl! ;)
Gini, what can I say that I haven't already said at 5:30 this morning. :D

Bartender, one ice water to go please.

Later dudes and dudettes.

trayi52
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Hello to everybody! How are you doing?

I think I'll just take some hot coffee this morning, I have been battling ladybugs! Anybody else have that problem? They are terrible here!

Mario, what are you doing little one? Are you helping or just eating all the goodies?

Willie:D

wolflady
10-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Slip me a pumpkin spice latte for this morning Richard! I need the caffeine...
I missed the lunar eclipse! Did you all see it? Busy days...will stop by later!
**hugs**
Karen

trayi52
10-28-2004, 11:08 AM
I missed the whole lunar eclipse, it was cloudy here, so I didn't get to see any of it! I was so looking forward to it too!

I am hoping Kay got some good shots of it.

Willie:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-28-2004, 11:25 AM
*waves*
Hi, Everyone!
I need a cup of spiced cider to help get my eyes open today.
Oh, and 4 catnip teas for the kids. It's been a rainy morning and we need something to perk us up!:)

molucass
10-28-2004, 12:00 PM
::Knocks on the door::

Can I come in??? :D

RICHARD
10-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by molucass
::Knocks on the door::

Can I come in??? :D

Sure, pull up a sit and seat down!

I have to do a general "DONE" for everyone....

I am busy and I want my boss to go away.:rolleyes:

I'll talk to y'all around lunch time.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I am busy and I want my boss to go away.:rolleyes:

Me too....and the good news is....he just did! :D He just left so now I can really get something done around here. :rolleyes: ;) :D

It's afternoon here already, so that means happy hour has begun in these parts. Bring on the slushies!!!

Eeewww....my hair is all sticky now. Richard couldn't miss that big ol' pot hole and Karen spilled Baileys all over my head! :eek: Marioooo....dooo-ooon't....no, you can't lick it off....where's the shower in this place, I need it bad.

Moulucass, come on in and make yourself comfy! I can't remember how old you are, so I guess we'll have to see some ID before we serve you, but even if you're underage your still welcome, you just can't have any cyber drinks - we don't want to get in trouble with the cyber police, you know. ;) :D

dukedogsmom
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey all. Just checking in while at work. T&P, unfortunately, there's no shower, just the hose out back. But, it should do the trick. Hope the water's not too cold. We'll get the fire started early so you can dry off. Hot chocolate sounds good so I'll get a big pot started for everyone. Does anyone know if we have some marshmallows?

lbaker
10-28-2004, 01:06 PM
We had plenty of marshmallows earlier but Mario was sticking some up his nose. I don't think he took all of them though. He was trying to make a costume and got carried away with his clown outfit :rolleyes:

snappy
10-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Hot chocolate sounds great to me - I am mighty cold for some reason.....but I think I will pass on the marshmellows. :)

trayi53 - the ladybugs haven't gotten here to Ohio yet. Doesn't mean they won't trust me. I have a friend who owns an old farm house in the country and a few of his rooms look like he has ladybug wall paper. eeeewww! Bugs. Yuck.

No Mario - bugs are NOT as good as cherrys!

slick
10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Just stopping in quickly as well. Work is busy but I can always find time for a cyber drink. Whatever is on tap will do for me.

Richard I thought of you this past weekend. I went over to a friend's place for lunch and before we dug in, she wanted to say grace. It was all I could do to stop from chuckling. :D :D

molucass
10-28-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm only 19.. If I lived in Canada, I'd be legal... Lol.

So, I'll take a virgin pina colada instead!

I wonder if Mario will share the cherries?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2004, 02:06 PM
I wonder if Mario will share the cherries?

Hard to say. Sometimes he's very generous with them, but sometimes he likes to keep them all to himself.

I think we all know and love the Maxine (http://screamofcrop.tripod.com/max.html) cartoon character....well....a friend just emailed me the latest Maxine witticism that I thought was quite appropo for Thursdays.

Maxine on "Aging"- "Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a large margarita."

Bartender, I'll have some salt. Oh, and can you add a little margarita to that please? ;) :D

Brrrrrr.....it's freezing in here! Of course it doesn't help that I'm soaking wet. I was trying to just rinse my hair off when Mario came up behind me and scared the daylights out of me so I ended up soaking myself....and him. Come on Mario, bring your jar of cherries over here and we'll snuggle up in a big old blanket by the fire. We should dry out sooner or later.

catland
10-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Did anyone see what Mario did with the spiders? Who carved the pumpkin that looks like him?

I didn't wet myself but I'd still like a Spanish Coffee please.

RICHARD
10-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Me too....and the good news is....he just did! :D He just left so now I can really get something done around here. :rolleyes: ;) :D

It's afternoon here already, so that means happy hour has begun in these parts. Bring on the slushies!!!

Eeewww....my hair is all sticky now. Richard couldn't miss that big ol' pot hole and Karen spilled Baileys all over my head! :eek: Marioooo....dooo-ooon't....no, you can't lick it off....where's the shower in this place, I need it bad.

Moulucass, come on in and make yourself comfy! I can't remember how old you are, so I guess we'll have to see some ID before we serve you, but even if you're underage your still welcome, you just can't have any cyber drinks - we don't want to get in trouble with the cyber police, you know. ;) :D

lololol,

Sorry, I was looking a the GPS........looking for Logan's house
A slushie for you!
DONE!

Molucass,

We have two rules here in Thursday's....

Rule One,
No worries in here, Or problems.:D

Two?
You have to have a good time....

There is a price for membership.....One clean joke!

A VPC for you....

DONE!

Slick,

Nekkid beer!
DONE!

HI Snappy,
Hot chocolate!

DONE!

Laurie,

Mario was waving around this picture....
http://home.comcast.net/~richcroy/

I think this may have influenced him somehow..

DDM,
Thanks for the hand......:D

I'm working today!:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:

snappy
10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Mario was waving around this picture....

So that is where he got the idea for his costume! He did alright - didn't he!

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
T & P, do we have a leaky hose out back? C'mon, sit by the fire and I'l. get us both a spanish coffee with Bailey's. OH, MARIO! you are a marshmallow mess!! I think it's Mario's turn at the hose!

molucass
10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Ok! Here's my joke...

A man walks into a bar one day and asks, "Does anyone here own that rottweiler outside?"

"Yeah, I do!" a biker says, standing up. "What about it?"

"Well, I think my chihuahua just killed him..."

"What are you talkin' about?!" the biker says, disbelievingly. "How could your little runt kill my rottweiler?"

"Well, it seems he got stuck in your dog's throat!"

snappy
10-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok! Here's my joke...

A man walks into a bar one day and asks, "Does anyone here own that rottweiler outside?"

"Yeah, I do!" a biker says, standing up. "What about it?"

"Well, I think my chihuahua just killed him..."

"What are you talkin' about?!" the biker says, disbelievingly. "How could your little runt kill my rottweiler?"

"Well, it seems he got stuck in your dog's throat!"

When my boys (cocker spaniels) start barking at very large dogs walking by I use the punch line to them both!

Welcome to Thursday's molucass!

molucass
10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Snappy!

Have any of you ever tried something called a "Tarantula"? It comes in a little bottle. It's a Strawberry Magarita with Tequila, & Triple Sec in it.
My sister and her friends were drinking it the other night.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks David, but I think I've had enough of Baileys today. ;) I just got Mario dried off by the fire and he headed right for the marshmallows! Now we're going to have to give him another bath! Geeze, all this sticky stuff around here, Baileys, cherries, marshmallows....I don't know why, but writing this just gave me a craving for some cake! Some good devils food chocolate cake.....mmmmmm....with some yummy rich chocolatey frosting....mmmmm......don't know how that will go with MOFF's onion rings though....;)

Good one Molucass! :D

What Richard, you don't have the GPS that talks to you? How old fashioned, no wonder you hit that pot hole. :rolleyes: A friend of ours had one of those talking ones a while back. He said you could choose what kind of voice you wanted it to have. He choose the sexy feminine voice. "Hey big boy, take a left here. Oops, sorry you bad boy, you missed that turn, now I'll have to re-route you <wink, wink>"

Oh, and btw Richard, how did the visit to the shelter go the other day? Any new kitten friends for the Edster? ;)

RICHARD
10-28-2004, 07:10 PM

What Richard, you don't have the GPS that talks to you?

Oh, and btw Richard, how did the visit to the shelter go the other day? Any new kitten friends for the Edster? ;)

I heard that if you by a Land/Range Rover you can get the GPS to speak with the proper British inflection!
:eek:

After 4 bikes and one truck I finally bought a vehicle with a radio in it!!!

---------------------

Ed will NOT put up with any cats......I think he thinks he more "dog" than "cat"..That's all I need....to bring another kitty home and leave them alone together!!:eek:

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks David, but I think I've had enough of Baileys today. ;) I just got Mario dried off by the fire and he headed right for the marshmallows! Now we're going to have to give him another bath! Geeze, all this sticky stuff around here, Baileys, cherries, marshmallows....I don't know why, but writing this just gave me a craving for some cake! Some good devils food chocolate cake.....mmmmmm....with some yummy rich chocolatey frosting....mmmmm......don't know how that will go with MOFF's onion rings though....;)

What Richard, you don't have the GPS that talks to you? How old fashioned, no wonder you hit that pot hole. :rolleyes: A friend of ours had one of those talking ones a while back. He said you could choose what kind of voice you wanted it to have. He choose the sexy feminine voice. "Hey big boy, take a left here. Oops, sorry you bad boy, you missed that turn, now I'll have to re-route you <wink, wink>"

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 07:29 PM

Oh, and btw Richard, how did the visit to the shelter go the other day? Any new kitten friends for the Edster? ;) Gee, T & P, quit tempting me withall of those gooey desserts! You're talkng to a borderline diabetic! Even cyber desserts have sugar in them!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2004, 09:58 AM
<tip toes in softly>

psst. Hey, anybody awake in here?

<tip toes over to put coffee on>

C-R-R-A-A-A-S-H!!! splinter, splinter, splinter

Drat! Sorry guys, dropped the coffee pot. Now I'll have to go get the broom and sweep all this glass up. Mario sweety, come with me so you don't step in any glass. Sure hope there's nobody sleeping in the L & F.....

lbaker
10-29-2004, 10:03 AM
HUH? WHAAAA? WHERE? Oh my, thanks T&P.. weird dream I was having.. this giant marshmallow was after me. Here, let me help. I have this marvelous apple cake just warm from the oven. YUM, warm apple cake and hot strong coffee. OH ALL RIGHT MARIO, you can have a beer shhhh, t&p.. don't tell but i think i'll get him a non-alcohol beer and see if he knows the difference ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Hi, everyone!
OH, BOY! APPLE CAKE!

Could I have some with some spiced cider, please?

No, thanks Mario. I don't think a marshmallow would go well in my cider. YUCK! You put them in your beer? Well, bottoms up, I guess? :D

davidpizzica
10-29-2004, 12:36 PM
What a combination, Mario! Yuck. Well, Connie, to each his own!

RICHARD
10-29-2004, 01:51 PM
hey,

We forgot about the costumes......

I guess I'll have to put a pocket protector on and trick or treat as a nerd....;)

lbaker
10-29-2004, 01:59 PM
I'll stick band-aids all over myself and go as an accident waiting to happen :p

snappy
10-29-2004, 02:19 PM
I can just tease up my hair and I can go as a wild woman.......kind of a modern day medusa.

No thank you Mario - I don't want any real snakes!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm going to get a ton of stuffed animals - cats - and sew them all over my clothes and go as a crazy cat lady - my life long dream. ;) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I'll use my old stand-by:
Comb my hair over my face, put on sunglasses and go as Cousin ITT!!! :cool:

wolflady
10-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

MOFF, that would be great! Then we would have 3!! Can you guess who these people are???!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p2d837e94275a2bb444c17ee84c61e51b/f79fb80c.jpg

:eek: :eek: LOL LOL :D
this was just too tempting for me to NOT resurrect this photo...:p LOL :o

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
MOFF, that would be great! Then we would have 3!! Can you guess who these people are???!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p2d837e94275a2bb444c17ee84c61e51b/f79fb80c.jpg

:eek: :eek: LOL LOL :D
this was just too tempting for me to NOT resurrect this photo...:p LOL :o Gosh thoses faces look so FAMILIAR!
How about Slick and Wolflady? :D
I'm just guessing. I have seen this before, I just don't remember who they are. SENIOR MOMENT! ;)

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Just popping in from work. Maybe I can get cheered up here. It's been one of the worst days I've had. Now I'm getting a headache, too. So, got a good drink to make me forget I'm at work and get rid of the headache?

davidpizzica
10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
With my goatee coming in a grey-white, I'll b a natural for the Kentucky Colonel!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey! We've been so busy with everything else, we've all totally completely forgotten about drinks and food!

I'll have some pizza and a nekid beer please. :)

RICHARD
10-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Just popping in from work. Maybe I can get cheered up here. It's been one of the worst days I've had. Now I'm getting a headache, too. So, got a good drink to make me forget I'm at work and get rid of the headache?

How's about a peach slushy?

DONE?

T&P
Nekkid beer and Pizza.

DONE!

Mario?!?!?!?!?!

Uncle Richie has a beer for yyyyyoooooouuuuuuuu!!!!

dukedogsmom
10-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks Richard. Glad you noticed me peeking in. That sounds really good. Wish I could have one for real. Maybe I'll hunt that up after work. Just about 1 1/2 hours left. What other foods do you need for the party?

RICHARD
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Thanks Richard. Glad you noticed me peeking in. That sounds really good. Wish I could have one for real. Maybe I'll hunt that up after work. Just about 1 1/2 hours left. What other foods do you need for the party?

Here in Lost Angeles there is a rating system for restaurants....

I goes from A to C......

You get a piece of cardboard to hang on the door/window with the letter score on it - to let people know what shape your place is on.

Scary food is usually served at a 'C' establishment.....:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

lbaker
10-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Wolflady, how DARE you ;) hint, hint MOFF... I'm the BLONDE one :o Neither one of us really wanted pictures taken so I said "WAIT, hold on" and Slick and I brushed our hair over, put our glasses on (this at Gini's BBQ - so you can imagine what else was going on :rolleyes: ) and said "OK, take your pix" By the way T&P.. I'm stealing your Old Krazy Kat Lady costume idea.
ewww, just looked back at the pix and it looks like I have MARIO hairy arms! What's with THAT? I don't really. ewww. Maybe a few errant ones on my chin that pop up now and again but really... I am really blonde, all over:o

RedHedd
10-29-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I went as Cousin Itt the Halloween right after 9/11. The security guard at the hotel where I park my car didn't recognize me. It was a Kodak moment: security guard escorting Cousin Itt to Itt's car .... :rolleyes:

I'm resurrecting my tried and true S&M&M costume* .... always good for a laugh and I always have fun in it. :p

*Red M&M "body," black fishnets, high-heeled boots, whips, chains, handcuffs .... you get the idea :)

wolflady
10-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Wolflady, how DARE you ;) hint, hint MOFF... I'm the BLONDE one :o Neither one of us really wanted pictures taken so I said "WAIT, hold on" and Slick and I brushed our hair over, put our glasses on (this at Gini's BBQ - so you can imagine what else was going on :rolleyes: ) and said "OK, take your pix" By the way T&P.. I'm stealing your Old Krazy Kat Lady costume idea.
ewww, just looked back at the pix and it looks like I have MARIO hairy arms! What's with THAT? I don't really. ewww. Maybe a few errant ones on my chin that pop up now and again but really... I am really blonde, all over:o

LOL LOL I couldn't resist! :o

If anyone is wondering, my arm is in the picture holding Mr. Fish! LOL :p
I can't wait for next year's BBQ!!! :D

QueenScoopalot
10-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Ding Dong!! Avon Lady Calling! :rolleyes: Well not quite LOL! I see everyone's gearing up for Halloween Partys!!! WHEEE my favorite. :D My costumes are buried deep in a closet not seen in almost a year though. :( Whatever will I do? :confused: A few funny past Halloween tales to tell. I made a lot of costumes some years back, and ones my hubby (it'll be our 15th on Sun..anniversary) and I wore were usually first prize winners, or second. Lots of electronics and flashing lights that Dave designed, and I did up the costumes and masks. Our friend Bill came along one year, and I dressed him as a genie, with a huge poofy turban, a ring 'through' his nose, and huge gold shoe covers that curled around with bells on the tips. Bill was driving when the "Staties" pulled us over on the highway. The trooper asked Bill to get out of the car, and do the toe to toe walk down the line to check his sobriety! We had all had maybe three drinks in several hours, and were hustling to another contest, Bill was not even drunk. I think the trooper wanted to get a laugh for the evening! He was shaking like a leaf...I was ROFLMAO! :D I'll have whatever ya'll are having! ;) And a slice of pizza sounds yummy...but no meat thanks. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
:D Well, I was half right! That figures because I only have half a mind these days any way, or so it seems! ;)

The peach slushie sounds good. Can I have one too?

Well, Mario, have you decided on what you want to be for Halloween? A beer keg? Are you saying you want to BE one or DRINK one?:eek: :D

davidpizzica
10-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Connie, with my grey goatee coming in, I could dress up like Colonel Sanders!! One orange slushie for me, too.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Connie, with my grey goatee coming in, I could dress up like Colonel Sanders!! One orange slushie for me, too.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Gosh, David, you look just like the Colonel. Now I'm hungry for fried chicken!

Hi, Mario! What on earth do you have there?
A hotdog in a beer mug??????
Oh, the hotdog wanted to be Frank-in-stein for Halloween!!!
HE! HE! Very funny Mario!!!

Just don't foreget he is in there and put beer in on top of him. Don't want to drown Frank!
:eek:

gini
10-31-2004, 11:13 AM
BOO!!

I just wanted to be sure everyone in here was awake! hee hee.

Connie, you are in rare form this morning:D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-31-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by gini
BOO!!

I just wanted to be sure everyone in here was awake! hee hee.

Connie, you are in rare form this morning:D :D
:D THANK YOU! (I think!)

BOO TO YOU TOO!!!:D

trayi52
10-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Whew! Gini, you scared me!

We had our Halloween last night, Mario got lots of candy and bubble gum, of course he thinks he's supposed to eat the bubble gum! Of course he had to dig in all the kid's bags or try to steal the bags. Lucky he didn't steal any of them!

Hey, today is Mayhayana's Birthday! Boy did his mom get a treat, when she had twins!;)

David, your Goatee looks great!

Willie:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi, Willie!
Gosh, aren't you glad Mario didn't get any of the gum in his HAIR?
Mom always had to cut my hair off when I got gum in it. I'd hate to think of a bald Mario!

Sounds like he had a great time! (he reminds me of my DAD! He used to steal my candy out of my bag too! Of course, I didn't really care. I was glad to share!):D

davidpizzica
10-31-2004, 12:09 PM
"If you want Kentucky fried chicken, you'll have to visit me" Whatever the DOTD is,I'll take one. My throat is a little raspy after singing in the choir and choir practice! Missouri Synod Lutherans celebrate Reformation Sunday to celebrate Martin Luther starting the lutheran church. We really sing out!