PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request: Job interview Thursday

AmberLee
10-27-2004, 01:15 AM
As many of you know, I was laid off recently due to a funding/schedule problem at work. I have an interview for a new job this coming Thursday and I'd appreciate your prayers. It's been a long time since I've interviewed and it kind of nerve wracking... :eek:

Thanks.

Barbara
10-27-2004, 02:45 AM
I am sure you will do a very good job in the interview:)

Fingers crossed for you:)

davidpizzica
10-27-2004, 03:17 AM
AmberLee, I'm praying that you breeze through the interview and that you get the job. The best of luck to you!

lynnestankard
10-27-2004, 03:17 AM
I'm keeping everythng crossed for you Pauline. It must be so scarey having an interview after all this time - just knock 'em dead sweetheart!
I'll be sending positive vibes over the miles on Thursday xxxxxx

Lynne

Logan
10-27-2004, 04:48 AM
You'll do great! I just know it!!!! :) Good luck, Pauline, and we will definitely be thinking positive thoughts for you! :)

Randi
10-27-2004, 06:29 AM
Good luck on the job interview, Pauline!! :) Prepare, and check out the company, you may also have some relevant questions for them.

Think of it this way, they'll be losing out if they don't hire you! ;)

Will be sending positive thoughts your way!

Pam
10-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Pauline I can sympathize with you because changing jobs is one of the big stresses in life. I have been at my present job for 10 years and the idea of going on an interview now is not something I even want to think about! I know you will WOW them with your sweet personality even before they ask about your qualifications/skills. Try to go in there with the attitude that if I don't get it, it was not the perfect job for me. That's what I told myself 10 years ago. Good luck and (((hugs)))!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Good luck Amberlee! Have you talked to Sara about the interview? She probably has quite a few very good pointers and might at least calm your neves a little. ;)

Good luck!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Prayers on the way...
Interviews are always nerve wracking... but im sure you will do good!!!

Let us know how it goes!:)

DJFyrewolf36
10-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Best of luck to you!!! Tell us how it goes!

gini
10-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Pauline, Randi is correct. You will be interviewing them as well to be sure this is a place where you want to spend a good portion of your day.

Your own abilities and talents will just shine, I am sure of it.

I will be thinking all good thoughts for you this Thursday.

Tonya
10-27-2004, 12:49 PM
I'll be praying for you. Best wishes.

lizbud
10-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Here's wishing you the best of luck on your interview. :)

AmberLee
10-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Thank you all.

My, I wasn't clear when I wrote it up, was I?

It's a sister division (one that I worked for previously) of the company I was just released from and on the same campus I just was working at. My boss had reviewed open reqs while I was on vacation and recommended that I apply for the job. It's not my precise training, but work I've done before and have been good at, too. It turns out the hiring manager and the two people he'd delegated to do the hiring are former coworkers from another project -- they are really good people. I would like to get this one; my big worry is that they are requesting expertise in a software I've never used (or heard of till this req came up...) Jack, my former boss, doesn't think this is a big deal as I've done the work manually before and catch on quick (so he thinks) to software.

Edwina's Secretary called me this morning and reviewed/covered a bunch of interviewing do's and don't's. Isn't she a sweetie? I'm reviewing my resume and practicing the pointers she gave me.

*remember to breathe, remember to breathe*! (It's been decades since I've been on this side of the interview table. :eek:!)

popcornbird
10-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Good luck! Will be praying for you.

tatsxxx11
10-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Fingers, paws everything crossed for you friend! You are one talented, experienced, amazing, fabulous woman and I just know you're going to WOW them:) Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, Pauline:) I'm going to be as nervous as you, waiting ot hear back:D Sandra

Miss Meow
10-28-2004, 04:51 AM
Good luck for the interview!

I hope they realise what an asset you'll be and snap you up quickly :)

GraciesMommy
10-28-2004, 05:54 AM
Good Luck on the interview today! Remember if its meant to be, it will be!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/pamelastrip.gif

Pam
10-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Thinking of you today Pauline! All fingers are crossed. It should make for interesting driving for me. LOL! (((hugs)))

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Thinking of you today Pauline! All fingers are crossed.

Ditto! Good Luck!!!:)

Killearn Kitties
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
My fingers have been crossed all day for you (it makes typing very difficult)! Very, very best of luck. :D

Kiia
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Good luck!! :) Let us know how it goes!

Cataholic
10-29-2004, 11:51 AM
We are finally uncrossing everything here ( the cats say their tails hurt)...any news?

tatsxxx11
10-29-2004, 02:36 PM
SO anxious waiting for an update!!! My fingers are getting cramped!;) Check in when you can, Pauline! We're all pulling for you!

AmberLee
11-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Sorry for the delay in this update.

The interview turned out to be a series of interviews last Thursday. The portions with the department manager and the technical advisor went very well. The portion with the man I'd be reporting to went okay (he seemed really stressed and I was nervous, too, which he seemed to think was rediculous...) I was told they couldn't make up their minds until I met with the project lead. I left my cell phone number and my parent's phone number after explaning that I was going to my parent's town while my dad had some medical tests run. I was expecting a call setting up the follow-on interview sometime earlier this week. While I was at my parent's my mom got really sick and we ran her into the Emergency Room. She was diagnosed with three reatively minor problems that had 'hit at once' and magnified each other. She was released and I pretty much played nurse-maid to my mom for most the week. She's fine now, and I'm concerned she's overdoing without me forcing her to take naps and to take her meds, etc... :( :rolleyes: Dad's MRI went better than we'd expected. The problem turns out to be a hernia *, and the surgeon is expecting to fix it on an outpatient basis later this month. So, it's not as bad as I'd feared... By this morning, I was convinced that the lady arranging interviews had forgotten I was travelling this week and that she'd left the message on my home phone. :o :( Nope, not at all. I'm trying to figure out if I call her Monday to see what's going on, whether I'd be seen as proactive or rediculously pushy?

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and good wishes. I hadn't realized I wouldn't have internet access when I was with my folks.

* Just days before we left for Ireland, Dad was inspecting something on their roof. He fell off and landed in a rose bush. As best we can tell, the injury that led to the hernia happened then...

AmberLee
11-10-2004, 05:36 PM
The follow-on interview is scheduled for tomorrow at 9 a.m. Pacific Time.

I'm very excited and also nervous. I would appreciate any good PT vibes and prayers you can spare.

Logan
11-10-2004, 06:38 PM
I just ran the whole gamut (sp?) of emotions, reading these updates, Pauline! I had not seen the one that you wrote on the 6th, and then just read both of them!!! You'd better believe you'll be in my prayers!!! I hope it will go well. You just be you.

As for your mom and dad, I will definitely keep both of them in my prayers too!

AmberLee
11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Thank you, Logan. That helps so much!

gini
11-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Pauline, fingers, toes, eyes, legs, arms, - everything will be crossed with giant wishes for great success tomorrow.

jazzcat
11-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Good vibes, positive thoughts, prayers, fingers and paws crossed. You name it you got it!!! Good luck!

Miss Meow
11-10-2004, 07:56 PM
A second interview is one step closer to an offer, so we'll be crossing fingers, paws and whiskers for you! :)

AmberLee
11-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks, all! I'm really excited (and rather nervous) about this.

Barbara
11-11-2004, 03:10 AM
My favorite saying for situations like that:

"Relax- nothing is under control!"

Going back in the crossed paw, finger, tail-modus:D

rosethecopycat
11-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Thinking of you.

Best of Luck.

Rose

AmberLee
11-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks, all. I think it went well. I really liked the guys I interviewed with today. I hadn't realized someone else was being interviewed for the same position, though, which was a bit of a jolt. He and I worked together previously. His creditials are a better fit for the job that's posted. But the questions and verbal discussion are for different tasks that are a better fit for me. I'm not sure if there's a second position I'm being considered for or what... I will keep you updated on what happens though.

{{{hugs}}}

Killearn Kitties
11-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Still got my fingers crossed and sending you all the luck in the world!

lynnestankard
11-11-2004, 05:15 PM
{{{{Hugs}}}} AmberLee - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers - hoping all goes really well for you.

Knock 'em dead sweetheart xxxx

Lynne

Miss Meow
11-11-2004, 05:47 PM
It's all up to them now, so I hope you get a phone call with some good news. :)