PDA

View Full Version : I am mean!

Glacier
10-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I didn't mean to be mean, but apparently I was. Mac, my hound cross foster dogger, is an escape artist. It takes a great fence to hold Mac in. In the last wind storm, the fence in his pen got mangled. It's back up and it's working for Chase and Ozzy, but it's not Mac-proof by a long shot yet and won't be until spring. The ground is too frozen to rebury the bottom right now. So Mac has been in the older pen, which is bigger and has more stuff in it, with Raven, Founder, Antare and Franklin. Tonight I opened the gate and let them all run around in the big yard with me for a couple hours.

Poor Mac ran straight to the gate to Ozzy's pen--risking life and limb by crossing through Kayleigh's space as he did so. Then he just sat by the gate until I came down and let him in. He immediately ran to his brother and started playbowing and licking his face. I felt like the biggest meanie!

He hadn't acted upset at all in the other pen. If I'd known he was missing Ozzy so much, I would have moved him sooner or moved Ozzy. The shelter asked me a few weeks ago if they could be adopted separately. Now I will have to tell them no way, they are a package deal--not that anyone has been interested. So far the fence is keeping Mac in, but I suspect that's just because he wants to be with Ozzy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/drinking.jpg
My little duo on their first day here in June.

Logan
10-27-2004, 07:43 AM
You didn't know you were being mean, though, Glacier! But I do think it is sweet that he only wanted to be with Ozzy. :) I do hope that they can be adopted together if they can't stay with you! :)

cloverfdx
10-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Thats right, you did not know Mac was going miss his Brother so much. BTW they are both so handsome. I hope their forever home comes along, if not will they be staying with you?.

pitc9
10-27-2004, 07:53 AM
What a sweet story!! You are not mean, you just didn't know just how much they love each other!!

But now you do!!:D

Glacier
10-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
I hope their forever home comes along, if not will they be staying with you?.

They are here for as long as they need to be. If no one wants to adopt them, they stay with me.

They've been with me for four months now. There has been one call about them, but he backed away when I explained what kind of fencing system Mac would need--he lived in town and there are rules against the height of fence Mac has to have. He can clear six feet with great ease! I usually fail at fostering between 9 months and a year!

BCBlondie
10-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Aww you're not mean! You were just doing what you thought was best for Mac. I think it's sweet though how Mac missed his brother so much! :) They're both so beautiful! I hope a great forever home comes for them soon!