PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 players, something fun you can do

K9soul
10-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I was searching around for information on Sims 2 that would tell me how to delete walls because I was building my own house for my sims. Well I stumbled on info on how to make your sims do a custom painting of whatever you want, so I decided to try it out. I had my sim paint the pups of course ;). Of course she will hang it on the wall, I just have to find where I want her to put it :D

http://frank.doordolt.com/albums/Dave-and-Jess/simsss.jpg

I'll include the directions on how to do it here in case anyone else who plays wants to try it.

----
To decorate your house with custom artwork, first your sim must have a creativity level of 5 and be able to paint a still life.
Have your sim paint a still life. Follow the directions that pop up in the game, hit C and then hit C again to take a picture. This will pause the game.

Use Alt + Tab to exit the game, then open a picture program such as Paint and open the snapshot you just took, it will usually be in the folder: C:\My Documents\EA\Sims2\Storytelling\Snapshot.bmp

Then, you also have to open the picture you want to have in your game. If your picture is too large resize it so it will fit in the original snapshot from the game.

Copy your custom picture on to your snapshot from the game, then save the picture. Use Alt + Tab to get back to your game and your sim will start painting your own custom picture.
-----

aly
10-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I did it with my Sim too! It is so cool!!

K9soul
10-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I had her paint Dawn too :D

http://frank.doordolt.com/albums/Dave-and-Jess/simsss2.jpg

dogs_4_me
10-26-2004, 06:56 PM
That's so cool! I am trying to get my sims creativity level to five right now, I can't wait to try it:p

aly
10-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Awww, that pic of Dawn is gorgeous!

I just started playing Sims about a week or two ago and the 2 sims I made are already senior citizens!!!!!!!!! Are they going to die or do they just keep going forever? They are slowing down and getting back pain.

Whenever I play, I just like to control the ones that I created. I guess the game expects you to play the other people in the neighborhood as well? That would slow down the aging process tremendously since you wouldn't be spending all of your time on one or two sims I guess. I just didn't want to play everyone in the neighborhood.

I'm going to look into doing a custom neighborhood. Have you guys done that yet?

Kiia
10-26-2004, 08:04 PM
hehe cool feature!

manda_moo87
10-26-2004, 08:11 PM
That is SO neat... I'm going to have to try that! :)

K9soul
10-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Aly, I haven't really played neighborhood sims or customized neighborhoods, but the secret to keeping your sims from becoming elders is to save your reward points for that green juice.. can't remember the name of it, it is the last thing on the reward options. You drink it and it takes years off your life. I keep mine young by using my reward points to buy it :p

dukedogsmom
10-27-2004, 09:25 AM
That is just too cool! I think I'm going to put this on my Christmas list. Looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to save your directions so I can get mine to paint Duke. What fun!

My Peanuts
10-27-2004, 03:49 PM
That is really cool! My boyfriend bought it yesterday and we are going to play it today. I'm obsessed with the other Sims, so when I start playing this one you guys probably won't see me for a while ;) :p