PDA

View Full Version : Worms

Tonya
10-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Ron has worms, it's probably the second or third time he's gotten them since I've had him. I hear that you can get worms from fleas, but we use Frontline and have a pest control service; we do not have bugs in our house. He's inside only. How in the world do they get them then?

Edwina's Secretary
10-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Your shoes. You can track them in the house on your shoes.

Grace
10-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Has he ever been outside? Our Vet explained that roundworms can live in outside the stomach and intestines, but then migrate there. So even though you treat the worms, they are still in the body. Sort of like a herpes virus that can lie dormant for years.

We use Revolution on our boys. It controls roundworms, fleas, earmites. Our boys do go out, and we were using Frontline, but the Revolution seems to be doing the job.

Laura's Babies
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM
I used Frontline on mine but they kept getting those worms so we changed to Advantage and they have been clear since.

Tonya
10-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Really?! Then I am switching to Revolution or Advantage when I'm out of this Frontline. I buy it in bulk, so it'll be a year or so. I cannot stand worms they are sooo gross!

Miranda_Rae
10-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I cannot stand worms they are sooo gross!

Oh my gosh! You got THAT right! :eek: The are one of the most discusting things! When we got Heidi when she was a puppy we didn't deworm her right away (we hadn't started kennel training either :o) and one morning I walked out into the back room and there were piles of poop with tons of worms in them. :eek: :eek: I thought I was going to barf, and then when I was cleaning it up she starting crapping again and they were coming out alive!!! :eek: She went to the vet that day! Eww.....I am SO paranoid about worms. :rolleyes:

catmandu
10-27-2004, 08:53 AM
WE are sorry,to hear,that Ron,has worms,we pray that the White Coats,can help hiom out!