PDA

View Full Version : ganing trust!!!

Sugar_Cooki4
10-26-2004, 05:26 PM
My baby hamster is really scitish. I have tryed taking steps with her like the book says. About ganing trust from her. But it's not working do you have any tips on what els to do? She will take a treat but nothing more!!!!!!

Help please!!!:confused: :D

chrissycat21
10-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Try cutting up a carrot or another fruit or veggie that she likes. Give her time, she'll adjust. How long have you had her for? Try taking her out in the evening when she is waking up since they sleep all day.

Sugar_Cooki4
10-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Yeh I tryed carrots and that is actually one of her fav. treats that and cottage cheese. She is only 9 weeks old but i want to teech her some new things that i didnt teec my last hamster. I have only had her fo 3 or 4 weeks but she hasnt come out of her shell yet. So i guess i just have to give her more time to get use to my mell. She takes treats from my hand but she backs away if i dont have a treat. And she runs into her tube if i open the door to her hiding spot. But she does sniff me if i put my hand in the cage. But she runs all night so she leeps untill about 7p.m and then after she's awake it's hard to ketch her before she slips away into the tube.

Thank you Dakota And Sugar Cooki

hootowltony
11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
:cool: I think what you should do is kind of spoil her. Kind of like huging her.( do not hug her if she bites a lot).Also you could just leave her alone if you hold her a lot.(Some say if you hold her right when you get her they will bite but i think it isn't true.:cool:

hamsterman
11-27-2004, 07:59 PM
it is pretty hard just spend time with her talk to her and keep calling her name and she will come to the u eventually then when you think she really trusts u try taking her out if she has a ball that would be better to put her in and let her roll aroundd the pick up the ball and hold it for a little while if u keep doing this she will trust u in no time

cookieluver7
11-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Look up hamsters on the internet. (google and yahoo are good search sites) Maybe that can help. I don't own a hamster and don't know much about them so I'm not much help.:p