PDA

View Full Version : Posting this for Gracie

GraciesMommy
10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
I am going on my first BIG trip this weekend. We are going to Monticello, ARkansas! Mommy and Daddy will have to sneak me into the hotel...can't believe they don't allow furbabies. What is wrong with this world??
I am going to the beauty shop Thursday for extra primping and new bows! I want to look my best when I meet Robin, my human sis. She is 19 and in college and we are going to see her play in the band and watch her twirl at halftime! Going to be so fun! They said I could go if I stayed on a leash...that's ok, its PINK so I don't mind.
Just as long as I don't have to be left behind by myself in that strange hotel room!
I am sure mom will take plenty of pictures..she ALWAYS does!

xoxox
gracie:)

aly
10-26-2004, 03:10 PM
How exciting!! I can't wait for the pics!!!! :D

GraciesMommy
10-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Now that Gracie had her turn....its back to me!

This will be her first big trip...500 miles...I know we will need to stop every couple of hours to let her have a break and walk around. I had a dog for 16 years that was the world's best traveler...and I am hoping that Gracie will be easy..but she is only 5 months old so we are starting over here.

Mercedes was probably 5 or 6 years old before she ever went on a trip this long..so I don't know how a puppy does!

Any suggestions? Words of Wisdom?

K9soul
10-26-2004, 03:42 PM
I hope your trip is a smooth one :). The main thing I would suggest is taking her on a lot of shorter car rides before the big one, make sure she's used to it and that the car isn't a scary place for her. Tasha used to get car sick when she was a pup, but I think some of it was nerves, it was scary for her. After lots more car rides (with an empty stomach :o), she seemed to get better. While she still isn't super thrilled about the actual ride, she loves the excitement of going somewhere. When we stop, she starts crying and shivering in excitement, wanting to get out and explore. She hops right in when the door opens, ready to go.

lovemyshiba
10-26-2004, 03:50 PM
A pink leash gracie!!!!!!
I'm so jealous!!!!!

I just know your big trip is going to be so much fun!!!!!!
What a wonderful mommy you have to take you with her everywhere!!!

Please take lots of pictures, we will all be anxiously awaiting your return!!!!!

GraciesMommy
10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Oh she goes on short trips all the time...we go to PetSmart once or twice a week, of course there is the groomer and vet...she has been great on those trips...but she rides on a pillow in my lap. Don't think she will want to do that for 500 miles tho! We have a Ford Escape and the back lays down so she will have a big area for toys...and also taking her carrier incase she needs to go in it at some point..will just leave the door open and let her go in if she wants.

Thanks for your input!

K9soul
10-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Great, it sounds like she is pretty set then! I look forward to the pics :)

tatsxxx11
10-26-2004, 04:34 PM
What a fun adventure you're going to have Gracie:) I'm sure your sister will love seeing see little you, all decked out in your new pink gear, fresh from a day of beauty:) Have fun sweetheart and check back with lots of pics when you get home:D

Pam
10-26-2004, 05:04 PM
It sounds like you have already thought of everything. You don't even need advice from any of us. ;) :cool: My two have gotten car sick in the past, just like dear Tasha, but seem to have outgrown it thankfully since the last several trips (50 miles) have been pleasant experiences. :) I will definitely be looking forward to those pictures!! :)

lute
10-26-2004, 05:05 PM
have a nice time Gracie! take care of your mommy!:D