PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my Monty

catfamily
10-26-2004, 08:27 AM
This is Monty,My MaineCoon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/MyMonty.jpg
He's a great cat.Someone dropped him off at the shelter and he was there a few months with very bad ugly cough,bloody stools and they were planning to send him off for put down.Then I came along and grabbed him up.He's very healthy now except damaged lungs from not being treated soon enough with clavamox.He was at the shelter for months and they didn't treat him.Idiots.QSL (Jan) knows about this shelter.They don't treat them with meds quick enough.I've had him 2 years.

catmandu
10-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Monty,is a Huge Bundle of CAT LOVE,he looks a lot,like Tommy,the neglected Maine Coon,from up,the street,who finds sanctuary,from the Kids,on the Found Cat Hotel Porch.Also a Little Nutro Max,which his cheap owners,would never give him.

kimlovescats
10-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Monty is gorgeous!!!! Awwww, we need to see much more of this big guy!!!;)

sirrahbed
10-26-2004, 09:00 AM
oh MY!!! Monty is so beautiful!!! What a great looking cat! Blessing to you for bringing this handsome hunk home with you:D

catnapper
10-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Monte is one handsome Dude! I hate to hear stories about them ignoring the need for meds. Glad you ame along and rescued him.

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-26-2004, 09:07 AM
MONTY is soooo handsome!!!
*swoons*

I would looove to scoop him up and cuddle him to pieces!!!! It is hard to believe some of the beautiful babies that some people drop off at the shelters!!!:(

I am so glad he found you and has a happy home!:D

catlover4ever
10-26-2004, 09:08 AM
What a handsome boy Monty is.

catfamily
10-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
MONTY is soooo handsome!!!
*swoons*

I would looove to scoop him up and cuddle him to pieces!!!! It is hard to believe some of the beautiful babies that some people drop off at the shelters!!!:(

I am so glad he found you and has a happy home!:D
A guy went in about in his 20's the shelter told me..looked like rough tough party type guy.Dropped him off and said he was moving and didn't want him anymore.Said he was around 3-4 years old and also said he was outside the whole time.They said the guy was a bit cocky.But he must be kind to drop him off and not leave him out on the street.
That's how I look at it.I'm so happy he dropped him off.Monty really is my most hardest cat in the house.I feel he really missess his owner very very much even if he didn't take propper care of him.He's absolutly devasted.He waits for Mike all day to get home from work.He's obviosly use to a male owner.I feel so bad for him.I tear up a lot about him.I try so hard to make him happy and wanted.It could be the combo of missing his owner and being in that small cage for months that devistated him.He still bleeds through the rectom when I take him to the vet.He thinks we're dumping him probably.The guy that dropped him off said he always wanted to go out.He NEVER goes to the door here.Maybe the last owner played loud music with lots of partys and his friends played too hard with him.Too bad people don't know that cats hate that.I love him so much.He's officially Mike's cat.He loves Mike so much and I can't wait for Mike to retire next year to spend more time with him.

DJFyrewolf36
10-26-2004, 09:32 AM
I am so glad you adopted this handsome guy! He sounds like he had a rough go of it at first but now he is happy and healthy! :) Bless you for taking in Monty!

*Scritches* for the cutie pie!

Laura's Babies
10-26-2004, 09:44 AM
I have seen first handed how devistated they poor babies get when they are dropped off at the shelters and are doomed to live in cages.....or worse. You see the spirit leave their eyes and is is SOoooo sad!:(

Montey is a beautiful guy, bless you for saving him.

catfamily
10-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks everyone
Laura...One great thing is that Monty is totally smitten with Mike.He likes me but LOVES Mike.So when Mike retires,Monty will follow him around the house everywhere.LOL.He follows him everywhere when Mike gets home from work.It really is so cute.He's a very slow moving cat.Funny Monty.He's happy here but just having a hard time getting his spirit back from being dumped before.It must be hard for you to see that all the time Laura.So sad.

jazzcat
10-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Monty is gorgeous. Poor guy, it's so sad that he still has the bleeding problem when he goes to the vet. I guess it take a long time to be able to trust again.

I'm so glad you adopted him and that he found another to truly love in Mike. Please share more pictures of the handsome boy, I mean Monty but we like to see Mike too.:D

trayi52
10-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Carla, I think it was a blessing for you and Monty that you took him from that shelter! I too would love to see more pictures of Monty, he is indeed a big beautiful boy!

Willie:)

QueenScoopalot
10-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Handsome Monty Man! Glad to see your gorgeous face here, and want you to know your meowmie loves you tremendously too. Even if you're a daddy's boy. ;) :)