PDA

View Full Version : It never ends!!! :(

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2004, 07:43 AM
I was feeling much better about everything after the visit to the white coats yesterday. When we got home, I fed the animules and Sushi ate just fine. But this morning, he wouldn't eat and when he went potty, it was very loose. *sigh* It worries me that I can't be home with him to try and get him to eat.

I never had these problems with Samantha when she was a baby so I have no idea what to do. :( All I want is for my baby boy to feel better...

catmandu
10-26-2004, 08:26 AM
I would try,a change,in food,and eventually,that will help.Kittens often have loose stools,until they mature.Karinas Kittenas did,now they are fine! I would try Nutro Max Complete Indoor Kitten.

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2004, 08:29 AM
I don't live near anywhere that sells that. Plus, he's been eating the new food since I got him last Saturday (the 16th) and neither he nor Kirin have had a loose stools problem. I'm hoping maybe he's just stressed out from yesterday. Poor Sushi.

mina'smomma
10-26-2004, 08:33 AM
That is a possibly dear. Just keep your chin up and I'm sure by the time you get home he will be feeling a lot better.

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2004, 10:45 AM
*bump*

Is there anything I can do or give him this evening that could help settle his tummy down?

Also, what should I do if he won't eat dinner tonight?

Craftlady
10-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Plain or vanilla flavored yogart. Gives them good bateria.

Give them the water from boil in bag type rice. Stops diarrhea.
Settles their tummys.

100% Libbys Pumpkin Pie filling (plentful now that Thanksgiving is upon us) couple spoonsful . It binds the potty.

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I was looking for. :) But what if he won't take anything - water or food? Just trying to be as prepared as I can...

Craftlady
10-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
But what if he won't take anything - water or food? Just trying to be as prepared as I can...

I would not panic but if it goes more than 1-2 days I would call your vet. Sushi will relax and forgive you for the vet trip the other day. I'm betting that experience and any shots or meds given at the time have caused him to be out of wack so to speak.

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
I would not panic but if it goes more than 1-2 days I would call your vet. Sushi will relax and forgive you for the vet trip the other day. I'm betting that experience and any shots or meds given at the time have caused him to be out of wack so to speak. Okay. Thanks. He didn't have any shots - just the ol' thermometer up the butt and some eye drops so the dr. could do the black light test to see if his eye was sratched. We were prescribed eye ointment that my husband and I put on him twice last night and once this morning - that's the only meds he was given.

I hope you're right! Thanks for the advice and help!! :)

Craftlady
10-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Your welcome :)

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2004, 04:09 PM
There were no loose poopies in the litter box when I got home AND mouthy Sushi was back to backtalking me as I prepared his food and didn't lift his head out of his bowl until every morsel was gone! :D

Craftlady
10-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Glad to hear things are normal :)
Guess Sushi is done pouting :p

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that Sushi is back to his old self. :)
Maybe he just wanted you to give him some extra attention and baby him a little. My Sunny does this from time to time.:)