PDA

View Full Version : Birdie Showering

Giselle
10-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Am I the only one who showers with my bird? I find it interesting because non-avian enthusiasts think it's weird but my bird-peers all do it...Besides, wing clipping+showering = a tamer parent-raised cockatiel. If it weren't for the clipping and showering, I'd have one heckuva tiel! It also gives me a chance to groom Bailey, just as a cockatiel partner would. Nice bonding moment:)

Logan
10-26-2004, 07:45 AM
I don't think it is unusual at all! Many bird owners do the same thing! I don't, but it is because it scares my Cockatiels. They prefer to bathe in a dish of water.

Logan :)

popcornbird
10-27-2004, 02:42 AM
I do *sometimes*. They LOVE to sit on the shower caddy and bathe in the mist that comes from the shower. I don't do it too often, because for some reason, I don't like having them in the shower with me :o, but the couple of times when I did bring the birds in the shower, they enjoyed it very much.

sandra4pets
10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
My two Cockatiels: Jackie and Luke love showers. I spray them with a water bottle . I posted a picture of me giving them a shower in the patio check it out its under Pet General area.

My Peanuts
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I sometimes shower with my birds. Alex likes it a lot and Danny goes along with it just because she does. Evie is still young, but she likes it too. I still can't handle Milton without a towel, but he sits on the cage in the bathroom when we shower. I think he likes the steam. :)

Oh, I almost forgot. They sell perches that stick to the shower wall. I forgot the website, but I know I saw them on ebay. I don't have one, but I think I'm going to get one.

CathyBogart
10-27-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm not a bird-owner but I don't find it odd at all!! :)

Dogz
10-27-2004, 09:30 PM
No, I do not find it strange at all!

I shower my birds occasionally. I would really like to see how they react to bathing in a dish, also. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
Oh, I almost forgot. They sell perches that stick to the shower wall. I forgot the website, but I know I saw them on ebay. I don't have one, but I think I'm going to get one.

I have a shower perch. I shower with my birds all the time. Usually with Baby (cockatoo), Charmin (cockatoo), or Oscar (indian ringneck). I don't shower with the others as often, but sometimes. They all love it.

K9soul
10-28-2004, 08:41 PM
I don't find it odd, but I haven't done it myself. I tend to enjoy kinda hot showers :o. She's gotten misted with the garden hose with the nozzle set on mist though and liked it :)