PDA

View Full Version : Kitties on the go!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi all, I'm back! Couldn't find anywhere to get online all week while on vacation, but I'm back now with tails to tell! ;)

If you remember, we were headed to a motorhome rally, which is where others who own the same type of motorhome as we do (American Coach) all gather in the same place for fun and festivities. We had a really good time, the weather was spectacular, but the absolute best part of the trip was the kitties I got to meet! Seems that more and more people are taking their kitties in the motorhome with them, so I got to meet 5 very different kitties. Unfortunately, my brain failed me all week and I didn't take a single picture! I had my camera with me, but have no clue why I didn't take any pictures - especially of my new kitty friends. :(

First of all I met Dusty and Rusty. Both were orange and white males, Dusty was Norwegian Forest Cat type and Rusty was Domestic short hair type, Dusty is 14 and Rusty is 11. They were both the sweetest boys. Their owners sold their house and went full time in the motorhome. After a few scratches (they had all their claws) to the leather furniture, it was decided the boys had to go and they dumped them at a shelter. An hour later the humans were back. She said they just couldn't leave them at the shelter knowing they would be hard to adopt out because of their ages and they would probably be put to sleep, so in her words "We paid $50.00 to surrender them, came back an hour later and had to pay $75.00 to reclaim them, but we just couldn't do that to them." So I was glad they came to their senses, but also glad it cost them $125.00 so they think twice about it next time. Dusty is "getting old" and looked a little shabby and goo in his eyes, but other than that they looked happy and were both extremely interested in the tuna sandwich "mom" was eating. They were sweet boys and I'm glad I got a chance to meet them.

Then I met Beauregard Wildchild Clarke. We came in a day early and as we were watching the other coaches come in, I spied what looked like a calico kitty sitting in the bedroom window. After that group got settled, I headed over, determined to find the "kitty in the window." Well, find him I did! The very first person I asked was his owner! Beau is an incredibly handsome pure bred tri-color male Maine Coon. I call it calico - which is highly unusual in males - but I guess they call it tri-color when it's a pure bred. Beuregard is only 11 months old, and already he weighs 20 lbs!!! :eek: She said he would get to 40 lbs by the time he's full grown. I would never have believed it except that I saw him and he was - indeed - HUGE! And so magnificent! He was curious, bright eyed and wanted to check everything out! She kept going on and on how he was a pure bred and I could trace his lineage online (she gave me the name of the breeder who is supposedly from Illinois, along with the website and all so I could check his lineage out online, but I forgot the name of the place and couldn't find a Maine Coon breeder in Illinois with a Beauregard Wildchild Clark). However, after all her bragging about him, she did say that he was declawed on all four so he didn't scratch the leather furniture. I was surprised since I thought most breeders don't allow declawing of their kittens, but anyway.... He was so beautifully stunning I still can't get over him!

And finally I met Puff and a nameless chocolate colored Siamese. I got to pet Puff - who was either a Persian or a Himalyan - who was so incredibly soft, but I only got to view the Siamese through the huge windshield where he was laying soaking up the sun. I didn't get to know them as well because I didn't have much chance to talk to their owner. He did say he had 4 more at home though, and just brought these two along.

I also met many adorable doggies, but I guess I'll save that for another time. I'm still getting caught up here, and I'm drained after a long day at work on my first day back. I hate coming back to work after such a wonderful vacation. Sorry this is so long, but I just love it when I see kitties in motorhomes. T & P had to stay home this time, but I'm hoping I can twist Terry's arm for the next rally which is in Mobile, AL in May 2005.:)

slick
10-25-2004, 10:16 PM
DEBBIE.....YOU'RE BACK!!! I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU ON THE WAY TO WORK THIS MORNING!!
Sounds like you had fun and to meet so many wonderful furbabies must have been heaven.

For shame, not to take pictures. ;) or even videos.

How did T & P react when you came home? Must have both been velco kitties. Can't wait to hear more news.

catnapper
10-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Yippie! you're back! you met so many wonderful kitties!

Now lets see what you missed....... :D

Laura's Babies
10-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I have a neighbor I have never met but see her kitty in the window all the time. I have often wondered what she would think if I knocked on her door and said "I want to meet your beautiful kitty!". Is that what you did?

Sounds like a great trip and I am glad you enjoyed yourself and got to meet all those fur kids. I would love to have seen pictures of that Maine Coon 20 pounder.. Had to be awesome!

catlover4ever
10-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Debbie, welcome back!! It sounds like you had a really wonderful time. I can not wait until Mark and I trade our towable camper in for a small Class C...then my babies can travel with me as well.

catfamily
10-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Funny I was thinking of you yesterday and wondered where you were?I'm so glad you had a nice trip.Especially glad that couple went back to retrieve their 2 cats.It's so awful to give up an animal.Especially just because of furniture.
And I was especially surprised about the Beauregard Maine coon was at 20 pounds and will reach 40 pounds.Wow.I'm really sad that they declawed him.Poor thing has a lot of hair that will itch his skin.I'm very againts declawing.Their should be a law against it.Maybe someday.
Well I sure am glad your back and it's so nice to see you back on pettalk. Carla :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-26-2004, 07:57 AM
WELCOME BACK DEBBIE!!!!

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

I can hardley believe those people put their poor senior kitties in the shelter... That is so mean... even if they did go get them back.!! How could you spend that much of you life with someone and just figure one day to deser them somewhere...:(

and shame on you for forgetting to take pictures...;)

Killearn Kitties
10-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Welcome back!! I'm glad you got to meet lots of new kitties. A holiday is just not the same if you don't meet new cats. :D

catmandu
10-26-2004, 08:21 AM
WE,are Happy,that you,are back,and got to meet,so many Cats,on your vacation.That would be my dream,to travel,over the USA,and meet,the Pet Talkers,and Cats!

sirrahbed
10-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Debbie - your trip sounds like it was just wonderful! Yes - gotta take Tubby and Peanut next time...and PICTURES!!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks everybody, and yes, I'm totally ashamed that I didn't take pics - how could I ever forget when I know you guys would love them? :o :rolleyes: Bad PT'er!

Laura, yes, that's exactly what I did! With Dusty and Rusty I found out about them from talking to the people, and just promptly invited myself over! :p The people were more than gracious and accepted my invitation and told me I could come by anytime to get my "kitty fix." :D

Slick, T & P were total velcro kitties! More than ever I think because Sunday night I actually had both of them on my lap! :eek: This has never happened in the entire 15 1/2 years that I've had both of them. Tubby was there, lounging on his mom as usual when Peanut jumped up on the couch. She saw Tubby on my lap and came over and laid down on a bare spot anyway. :eek: :eek: And if this would even come close to happening before, Tubby would make a move to scare poor Peanut off (he's so jealous) but this time he totally ignored her and allowed her to stay. Unfortunately, Terry was on the couch with me and when he made a move to go get the camera (which was downstairs), Peanut jumped down and trotted right after her daddy :rolleyes: so the moment was ruined. But they both slept with me all night long - and it wasn't even that cold. ;) Terry is away on business now all this week, so Peanut is not getting her daddy fix during the day now either, so both of them were quite "attached" again last night. I love it! :D

jazzcat
10-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Glad you are back and had a nice trip. I'd love to have seen that big Maine Coon too but you sound like me forgetting to take pictures. I'll take a million here at the house but send me somewhere new and I'll never remember to take a single picture.

Killearn Kitties
10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh, T & P cuddles! Isn't that wonderful!! You must be loving it. :D

ramanth
10-26-2004, 01:56 PM
WELCOME BACK Debbie! :D I hope you both had a wonderful vacation. Sounds like you met a lot of nice kitties and doggies while there.

I don't know about you, but I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. :D

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
T & P had to stay home this time, but I'm hoping I can twist Terry's arm for the next rally which is in Mobile, AL in May 2005.:)
I hope you're close to home when May/June 2006 rolls around! ;) :D

Barbara
10-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Meeting kitties on the road makes it a little easier to leave the most important ones at home:)

A pity you couldn't take a picture of that Maine Coon- under a year and nearly the double of Tigris- I just can't believe it.

Edwina's Secretary
10-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Well! I had been asking around about where you'd gone off to! Gallavanting around the country meeting new kitties! What fun. Eddie and Edwina are such great travelers..... should have them chat with Terry to convince him to take T&P along...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Eddie and Edwina are such great travelers..... should have them chat with Terry to convince him to take T&P along...

Yes, and Edwina should have a little chat with Peanut too. The only thing these two have in common when it comes to travel is the selective hissing. Peanut usually chose to hiss at the semis - I guess because they are bigger and noiser than the cars. One even used his jake brake right next to us. I jumped so I know it scared the daylights out of poor little Peanut. Meanie old truck driver. ;)