PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Litter Robot?

MarleysMommy
10-25-2004, 06:28 PM
I am having a hard time finding reviews of the Litter Robot (other than on their website, which I think is probably a wee bit biased;) )

Anyone have this monstrosity? Is it better than the Littermaid? I am in the market for an automatic box (I have 2 cats) and am seriously considering the Robot. Dropping $300 on a cat box? I must be nuts!!!

Laura's Babies
10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
No box here but the remark "I must be nuts" made me laugh just a little to hard. I was thinking today that I wondered how many people are as obsessed with their cats as I am mine...

catmandu
10-26-2004, 09:01 AM
The thing,is at The Found Cat Hotel,I would need an virtual army,of Robots! And I think,that they would be scared,of the machine!

leslie
10-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I have 9 cats and a tiny apt. So tiny that there is only room for one litter box which means scooping twice a day. And recently, one of my males, who is a passive doll, has decided that now and then, he'd rather pee just outside the box. (taking the lid off and throwing it away helped but not completely). I looked into the litter robot but like you, am still waiting for someone OUTSIDE of the website testimonials to tell me it's worth the money. In the meantime, a co-worker swears by a cupboard she bought at a Friskies cat show but can be purchased through cat fancy magazine or the designers website for $160.00. Right now I can't swing it but I went ahead and bought the box that fits in it at walmart. It's the 66 or 72 gallon Sterolite tub. So far, for 3 or 4 weeks now, no peeing outside the box, and best of all, no diarreah, poops, down the inside sides!!! When I can afford the pretty cupboard it fits into- THEN WE shall see if the outside peeing starts up again!! Let me know if you hear anything about litter robot- I looked at it months ago but never took the expensive plunge!!