PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a stupid loser!

slleipnir
10-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Urg, I hate myself! Remember I told you my photography teacher lent me one of her cameras? I was so proud she trusted me with it and on the way home from taking pics today, I was rushing and carelessly put it in the bag and forgot to strap it. So it fell out on the pavement and at first the zoom wouldn't work, but it seems to be now, and the end it's all scratched looking....I have to go see her tom and I DON'T WANT TO! I feel so incredibly crappy..I was going to buy her a new one (it's like 100++ bucks for a new lense) and give it to her..but even then I feel so bad I don't know how I can tell her...I'm like afraid....I'm so useless it drives me insane. I feel so crappy, I haven't stopped crying. I know that sounds childish but I feel soo bad. I wish I could just be strong

Kfamr
10-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Audrey, you need t stop being so hard on yourself!!

Accidents happen! You wouldn't believe how many times i've dropped my camera, my precious camera!

I'm sure she'll understand and offer to replace whatever's damage.

dukedogsmom
10-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Am I going to have to fly all the way up there and pound this in your head?? You are not a loser! If she's as nice as you say she is, she will understand. I dropped my camera one day while photographing Duke. Please don't be so harsh on yourself. What can I do to help you realise that you are a great person?

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Don't say you are a loser! Ever! I am sure she will understand. :) You have no idea how many times I have broke things, and not by accident. :o One time I slammed my vanity mirror too hard and I cracked the mirror! :eek: So please don't feel bad. {{{HUGS}}}

Cataholic
10-25-2004, 03:01 PM
There are enough people in this world, that at any given time, will put you down. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO IT TO YOURSELF.

Accidents happen. That is why God put erasers on pencils. It was an accident, an unfortunate one. She will understand.

petslover
10-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey! Don't blame yourself.I drop stuff all the time and break stuff. Your a great person! always keep that in mind! I bet she won't get mad. At least your being honest about it and giving it back and telling her the truth. Take care!

carole
10-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Gosh Sweetie we all have those clumsy days, like everyone has already said, it was an accident, just be honest and upfront with her, i am sure she will understand, would your insurance,home policy cover it by any chance, or does the excess may it not worth a claim? just a thought.

Now cheer up and smile,it will be ok.:)

popcornbird
10-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Schleppy...it was an accident...an ACCIDENT! Now stop calling yourself a loser. You're NOT!!!!!!!! I'm sure she will understand. Don't worry. :)

slleipnir
10-25-2004, 05:35 PM
It's still an accident that's costing me 100 + bucks..I really wanted to put my money into my own cam...and I REALLY wanted to prove to her that I could be trusted...-sigh- It's basically only a scratch but I'm gonna get her a new one anyway...I feel so bad..

dukedogsmom
10-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I think you should wait and see what she says first. That may be not be necessary.

catnapper
10-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Relax... my husband is a teacher and he said he and every other teacher he knows would rather know the truth up front. He'd be more than happy to work with you on the lens. If the scratch is on the lens, then maybe someone can fix it - you CAN remove scratches on glass if you go to someone who knows how to do it, and the scratch is not deep. If the scratch is not on the lens and only on the plastic ring, well, don't worry. A teacher won't cry over a scratched piece of plastic!

slleipnir
10-25-2004, 08:05 PM
It is only on the plastic, and I'm pretty sure she'll say 'oh whatever' but I'd STILL feel badly and I think I would like to get her one anyway....I feel SO bad...

Katiesmom
10-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Don't be so hard on your self! Like someone else said wait til you talk to your teacher b4 you go out and buy another. She will understand that it wasn't intentional and only an accident. NEVER call your self a loser your not... things happen that we don't like but its just lessons to be learned, see next time you will make sure the bag is closed right;) We aren't suppose to be perfect and your teacher knows that. Once you talk to her you will see that you was hard on yourself for no reason:) So cheer up and think positive because it will be ok:D

dappledoxie
10-26-2004, 09:49 AM
You are not a loser, not at all. I know you feel bad, but it was an accident, I'm really sorry, I hope that you can figure out the best way for you to handle the situation. I'm a sure she will realize how awful you feel about it anyway and I bet she'll totally understand.