PDA

View Full Version : Am I paranoid now or is this cause to worry?

Samantha Puppy
10-25-2004, 10:14 AM
First off, Sushi already has an appointment at 2pm today for his eye. But about 30 minutes ago, he jumped on my lap while I was on the computer, to be loved. So I was petting him and scritching his ears and thought I noticed a lump by his shoulder blades. I can move it around a little and he didn't react to my handling it so I'm hoping that's a good sign, but I just read that kittens can be affected by VAS, that is Vaccine-Associated Sarcoma, and now I'm freaking. I will have the doctor look at it this afternoon but I'm so scared now! :( I've only had him/them for 9 days and I love them so much... I don't want anything to happen to them!

:( I was concerned about the eye before. Now I'm petrified over the lump. :(

sirrahbed
10-25-2004, 10:20 AM
I bet you it is nothing but a lymph gland - very likely a good sign as it means the immune system is reacting to infection in the eye. This is just my guess but you will know for sure in just a few hours!!
Are you a worry wart??:rolleyes: It takes one to recognize one!!! :D ..and worry is my specialty!

Samantha Puppy
10-25-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm a hypochondriac when it comes to myself and I'm a massive worrywart over my furkids. Especially with young kittens and puppies. I still worry over Samantha, but she's a big sturdy adult dog. These kittens are new and their immune systems aren't at full capacity... they just seem so tiny and susceptible. I hope you're right and it's just a lymph gland - I had a lump by my jaw this summer when I was fighting a horrible reaction to poison oak and it went away so maybe that's what Sushi's is. :( I hope. I feel sick to my stomach now.

aly
10-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Jaime,

I just now got your emails! I am so sorry you are going through this with your new babies. I am sure everything will be just fine though. Try not to worry too much. The vet will put your mind at ease about everything I'm sure. I tend to be a huge worrywart as well!

Funny story:

Shiloh was my first cat. I had taken care of neighborhood cats all my life, but never had one of my very own. I worried over Shiloh a lot and babied her to death. A few days after I had first found her, I found a strange bump on her tummy. I RUSHED her to the vet without even making an appointment. I ran in there and showed them and they started laughing. I was completely appalled and the tears were welling in my eyes. It was then that they told me I could go home without worrying .. it was just one of her nipples :o :o :o :o :eek: :D

Hopefully that made you smile and maybe not worry as much. I am sure everything will be just fine. I am going to email you now. One of my long-term fosters had conjunctivitis. It was bad at first, but the meds really helped him and he got much better quickly.

sirrahbed
10-25-2004, 10:27 AM
heehee I raced Emily to the vet to have him check out the tumor that started to grow on her belly. I was crying also - convinced she was dying. The vet kindly sent me home with a big free bag of diet food and a pat on the back - and a no charge visit. I imagine the whole staff burst out laughing when I closed the exit door!:rolleyes:

mina'smomma
10-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey Jamie,

I'm sure it isn't anything to worry about. It's probaby just a cyst that formed around the injection site and may go away over the next couple of days. Have your vet look at just to be sure, but don't panic because kittens can sense your stress.

Keep us informed on what you find ok. I'll say a couple of prayers just in case.:)

Samantha Puppy
10-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks Aly. Your story did make me laugh. :) Now I'm all teary 'cause you PT guys are really great - you give support when needed and calming words when needed... thank you - everyone.

I just get attached to animals so quickly. I would be a mess if anything happened to any of my babies. :(

mina'smomma
10-25-2004, 10:30 AM
That's what we're here for Jamie. Keep us informed on what you find out ok hun. I'm sure Sushi will be just fine.

cloverfdx
10-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Good luck for your Vet visit i will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

{{Hugs}}

shais_mom
10-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Don't worry. We shouldn't have animals if we aren't going to worry about them or baby them and spoil them rotten!! ;)
I would be worried about it too.
When Keegan was spayed, I brought her home on Friday, and Saturday when I got home she had gotten sick all over her crate and had diarrhea. Then on Monday I noticed her incision was lumpy, I thought she might have herniated her incision. So I called them and they had me come right over and said that it was just scar tissue where she was so active. :rolleyes:

catcrazylady
10-25-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm sure everything is ok but please let us know as soon as you get back from the white coats.
I took Pepper Jack in one time and his gland was swollen the size of a golf ball in his neck. It was just a really bad infection.

You're supposed to worry because that what meowmies do!!
:D :D :D